• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces Far Cry: Blood Dragon series and Splinter Cell anime details

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The creative team for the Far Cry series is still being assembled, Netlfix announced during a Summer Game Fest stream on Friday, but a second series based on Far Cry 3’s Blood Dragon DLC has been given a six episode order.

Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix is described as “an original anime featuring alter egos of Ubisoft characters in a highly-referenced homage to the early 80s.”

Blood Dragon is a parody of 1980s action films, cartoons and video games, released as a standalone expansion for 2013’s Far Cry 3.

Variety reports that Bobbypills is the production studio behind the series, with Adi Shankar as creator and executive producer with Ubisoft’s Hélène Juguet, Hugo Revon, and Gérard Guillemot producing.

Finally, the Splinter Cell anime series will have an eight-episode first season from creator and executive producer Derek Kolstad of “John Wick” fame, with Juguet, Revon, and Guillemot also producing. Sun Creature and Fost are the production studios.

As with the game series, the show’s story will follow former U.S. Navy SEAL Sam Fisher after he is recruited by the NSA to work for the mysterious Third Echelon division within the agency.

“Adult animation is one of the most powerful ways to pay tribute to the culture and community of gaming,” said Juguet, managing director of Ubisoft Film & Television – Paris.

“It is truly inspiring to partner with creative talents such as Adi Shankar and Derek Kolstad to re-imagine our worlds for Netflix.”

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I'm pretty sure the people at Netflix (and those echoing them) have lost track of what "anime" is.

A cartoon made in Copenhagen and Paris is not anime. I'm fairly confident in my geography and in the knowledge that Copenhagen and Paris are not in Japan.

It's a cartoon. 🤔

Last edited:
tenor.gif

mortal

Gold Member
lol does Ubisoft secretly hate their Splinter Cell fans?
Seems they'll do anything but develop a proper new entry.

Kadve

Explain too me please why blood dragon seems to be so popular? Found it just repetitive and boring when i played it and you couldn't see anything due too all the "haze" that seemed to be everywhere.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Explain too me please why blood dragon seems to be so popular? Found it just repetitive and boring when i played it and you couldn't see anything due too all the "haze" that seemed to be everywhere.

giphy.gif

That shitty scanlines effect should've been optional.

Last edited:

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
For Blood Dragon, thank Adi Shankar. Dude is a legit, balls out fan of games.

Met him at a party and saw his sincerity first hand as we nerded out about games before I knew what he did for a living. Lovely fella and has the chops to get good stuff made. Loved what he did with Castlevania.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
That's cool and all but how about you give us a new game?

Dean Evans was the proverbial ring leader behind getting Blood Dragon made. Was his baby. Happened because he convinced the bigwigs that he would use it to create beast-riding tech for the Far Cry engine.

No idea what he's up to nowadays. Think he went into making comics. Fun guy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s been years since a legitimate splinter cell game they’re focused on this anime nonsense and mobile work games.

Top Bottom