• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix: 3 new Dave Chappelle comedy specials, coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually would like to see the jokes we've discussed on GAF over the past year or so in one of these specials since most of us have never seen/heard them. But I'm guessing it will be all new material specifically for the Netflix special.

I don't know. He has recorded a few shows over the last couple of years, including one our very own EviLore attended. Nothing has ever come of it. So, the safe bet would be that's what we'll be getting.

EDIT: Here's a link to the original thread from April 2015 when the word started going around he was doing some recordings.

TheOddOne

- THR: Dave Chappelle Headed to Netflix With 3 Stand-Up Specials.
Chappelle and director Stan Lathan will produce an original stand-up comedy special exclusively for Netflix, with its premiere date to be announced. The two other never-before-seen specials hail directly from Chappelle's personal comedy vault. Directed by Lathan and filmed at Austin City Limits and the Hollywood Palladium, the specials mark the comedian's first concert specials in 12 years and are slated to be released simultaneously in 2017.

Gorillaz

Rumors were out there for awhile that netflix was going to do something with Chappelle. Once I saw him hosting Snl I figured it was to remind people he's coming back.

Bold One

D49RFY7.gif

Cagey

Banned
I'm surprised none of these are from his incredible 8 night Radio City run back in June 2014.

Still. The King is back and the throne is his.

TheOddOne

whoah, chris rock doing some netflix specials too? noice
Yup.

- THR: Chris Rock Sets Comedian Record With $40M for Two Netflix Specials.
After an eight-year absence, the multiple Emmy-winning comedian has signed a massive pact with Netflix for two stand-up specials, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Sources say Rock has secured a whopping $40 million for the specials, which sets a new high mark for a stand-up comic. The $20 million per special is believed to be more than such A-list comedians as Louis C.K., Jerry Seinfeld and Amy Schumer have commanded.

The first Rock show will tape in 2017 and follow a new world tour that is currently being planned. It's unclear when either that first show will air or when the second will tape and be rolled out.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This thread is night and day compared to that last chappelle thread where everyone took him out of context. I love it.

Dave is the chosen one.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Amazing news. I recently rewatched all the Prince sketches and died again, so good. We could use some Chappelle right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom