• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix: 3 new Dave Chappelle comedy specials, coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/800745954773114880

CxzSMt3VIAAEjjz.jpg

Chappelle and director Stan Lathan will produce an original stand-up comedy special exclusively for Netflix, with its premiere date to be announced. The two other never-before-seen specials hail directly from Chappelle's personal comedy vault. Directed by Lathan and filmed at Austin City Limits and the Hollywood Palladium, the specials mark the comedian's first concert specials in 12 years and are slated to be released simultaneously in 2017.

Dabanton

Perfect time to come back really.

Black comedy has been missing a satirical voice able to comment on the absurdity of the times we live in.

I will resub to Netflix for this, awesome. Netflix is hands off in regards to creative freedom, right? I want unfiltered Dave in all his glory.

We need you now Dave. It has been too long.

Edit - I love how he has retained his 'C' branding. His jacket during his SNL opening also had it in black and his name. Hype. Dude still has it.

Kreed

Now we can finally get the context we needed for his jokes ;D

I actually would like to see the jokes we've discussed on GAF over the past year or so in one of these specials since most of us have never seen/heard them. But I'm guessing it will be all new material specifically for the Netflix special.

Ridisc

Banned
I actually would like to see the jokes we've discussed on GAF over the past year or so in one of these specials since most of us have never seen/heard them. But I'm guessing it will be all new material specifically for the Netflix special.

Hes been practicing a few years and evolving the material, I feel pretty safe i could call a good 50% of what he will talk about and its great.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
He's gonna do 2, then peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom