• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Defends Dave Chappelle Special in Staff Memo: ‘Artistic Freedom’ Is Different for Stand-Up

Gravemind

Unfortunately he'll "step down" or be straight up fired by Netflix soon.

Just like everyone else that says what most rational people believe instead of coddling the 1% of weirdos on this planet.

Kimahri

Banned
So I watched this today and found it pretty good. Some really good points, but I can't lie. I was completely distracted by that danger hair individual and his/her friend in the front that looked like they wanted to murder him every other shot. Anyone else notice them?

Funny how his special was all about people getting angry at him without even listening to what he actually said, and that's exactly what's hapoening now. I guess it shouldn't be surprising.
Precisely this. Not to mention, a lot of the articles about it take a ton out of context. He’s right though, the LBGTQ+ is extremely toxic. They were picked on, now they’re the pickers.

Just like everyone else that says what most rational people believe instead of coddling the 1% of weirdos on this planet.
It was his last special for Netflix regardless.

Last edited:

belmarduk

By whom? The outcry over Cuties was far greater and Netflix didn't budge.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Was it though? The outcry was great amongst reasonable people but I feel like the twitter mob types didn't do much.
That shit got smothered quicker than the abductors with chloroform. And by that, I mean quicker than it should have for literal sexual exploitation of children.

Last edited:
Top Bottom