• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES and SNES More Classic Games for NSO

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
When I think of Valis, I think of the game series turned eroge.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Japanese titles:
  • Kunio-kun no Dodgeball da yo Zen'in Shūgō
  • Donkey Kong Country 3
  • Fire Fighting
  • Sugoi Hebereke
  • Smash Ping Pong

Warm (potentially hot?) take: Donkey Kong Country 3 is the best of the original SNES trilogy, and still my favorite so far (even after playing Returns and Tropical Freeze)

- Fantastic soundtrack: moody and darker than the other 2
- A lot of secret paths and unlockables
- An almost perfect amount of collectables -- per stage: a DK coin, two golden coins, bear currency coins, etc
- Speaking of DK coins, they're almost like little puzzles of their own
- A nice balance in weight/speed/jump height/etc between Dixie and Kiddy, which is more in line with the OG Donkey Kong Country game
- A huge variety in levels. I like how they're themed. Notice I use "themed" and not "gimmicky" which is the word a lot of people use to criticize the level variety

Not sure why I typed that, I don't even have the Nintendo Online Service on Switch, LOL. I do however own an SNES and the DKC3 cart, and I play through that game at least once a year.

I guess they aren't willing to pay for actual non-Nintendo first-party games that are actual classics, such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc?

Top Bottom