• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official TEKKEN Character Ranking™

Hoppa

mmeiuDU.png

Following our previous ranking threads for Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, the next fighting game series up is Tekken!

RULES!

These will be the same as the MK ranking - you will need to:

Send me a PM (don't post your list in this thread) with a list of your top 5 Tekken characters. These need to be ordered from your most favored (#1) to least (#5). The #1 character will be given 5 points, #2 will be given 4 points etc - eg:

1. HEIHACHI (+5 POINTS)
2. JIN (+4 POINTS)
3. KAZUYA (+3 POINTS)
4. HWOARANG (+2 POINTS)
5. PAUL PHOENIX (+1 POINT)

At the end of the week, I will add scores together and post the results!

kazuya-mishima.gif

namco-bandai.gif

tm-nina-williams.jpg

Always had it for sexy Nina Williams ever since her sleek legs in the Tekken 2 intro. She's supposed to be of Irish descent and looks like it with her pale complexion and blonde hair, but she sounds nothing remotely Irish whatsoever.

Last edited:

Hoppa

PSA: The only reason I suggest PM is to keep some mystery to the results. I’m not trying to clone your dna or plant a microchip. If you can’t send a message due to medical or religious reasons you can post your list in the thread but you’ll eat the penalty

Happy Warm Up GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You think street fighter character ranking threads use PMs?

This is why Tekken prize pools are $13 and a copy of Tekken 6 on PS3.

No wonder Harada hates the fans.

CGNoire

1. Hwoarang
2. Heihachi
3. Bruce
4. Paul
5. Jin

Honorable mentions: Jun, Baek, Xiayo, Brian, Law, Lei...that old tai chi guy.

This was freaking hard.
Tekken 3 is the peak of the series.

Last edited:
iu
Can't convince me, that isn't the best wrestler in 3d. Absolute beast.

And Tekken 3 will be always be my favorite intro w/King pumping iron. Shit still gives me chills.

King in Tekken 3 wasn't that good of a character, his combos weren't as fluid or as aggressive as fighters such as Jin or Ogre. As for the Tekken 3 intro movie it's alright and does have some cool moments, but it's pretty much near universal consensus that the Tekken 2 intro movie is the best in the entire franchise. It's so tight and cohesive with the scenes of the characters and the constant beat, I love when it turns sensual with Nina and honourable with Law. It's the only thing that T3 doesn't do better than T2, everything else is much better in the third game.

SSfox

Tekken is the only fg where I love pretty much all characters (or almost), so this is a very hard top 5 list to make.

But why not just post it there? But as you wish I'll send you pm, but i want to post there too, so I'd go with:

Steve
Nina
Raven (the OG not MR)
Kazuya
Katarina

But again love them all, except few idc about like Lars and specially Eliza

Last edited:
Tekken is the only fg where I love pretty much all characters (or almost), so this is a very hard top 5 list to make.

But why not just post it there? But as you wish I'll send you pm
You have the exact same avatar artwork I posted in my #bustmust thread. I would like to think that you were influenced by me, but you're probably some horny c**t who likes huge jugs.

iu
Can't convince me, that isn't the best wrestler in 3d. Absolute beast.

And Tekken 3 will be always be my favorite intro w/King pumping iron. Shit still gives me chills.

I prefer Virtua Fighter 5's El Blaze for Luchador wrestling and Wolf for more traditional WWF mayhem.
maxresdefault.jpg

Labolas

King in Tekken 3 wasn't that good of a character, his combos weren't as fluid or as aggressive as fighters such as Jin or Ogre. As for the Tekken 3 intro movie it's alright and does have some cool moments, but it's pretty much near universal consensus that the Tekken 2 intro movie is the best in the entire franchise. It's so tight and cohesive with the scenes of the characters and the constant beat, I love when it turns sensual with Nina and honourable with Law. It's the only thing that T3 doesn't do better than T2, everything else is much better in the third game.

I don't think it's universal at all really that Tekken 2 is the best. I like 2 especially Nina's part in it though. As far as I know it's a toss up among 2,3 and 5 as the best intro. Tekken 3's intro of really new characters of Jin, Hwoarang, Orge, Xiaoyu and Forrest Law was really hype. But for me, as a King fan, Tekken 3 intro will be the best. Hell, it was his theme song in the Namco X Capcom game. And I wasn't saying King in Tekken 3 was the best iteration of him. In fact, I remember struggling with him against a friend of mine who was Law funny enough.

I prefer Virtua Fighter 5's El Blaze for Luchador wrestling and Wolf for more traditional WWF mayhem.
maxresdefault.jpg
I prefer what King brought to the table over Wolf and El Blaze. I like his unique chain grabs and is very charismatic as someone who just growls. He embodies prowrestling.
ORSLWQ.gif

Last edited:

Brigandier

I don't think it's universal at all really that Tekken 2 is the best. I like 2 especially Nina's part in it though. As far as I know it's a toss up among 2,3 and 5 as the best intro. Tekken 3's intro of really new characters of Jin, Hwoarang, Orge, Xiaoyu and Forrest Law was really hype. But for me, as a King fan, Tekken 3 intro will be the best. Hell, it was his theme song in the Namco X Capcom game. And I wasn't saying King in Tekken 3 was the best iteration of him. In fact, I remember struggling with him against a friend of mine who was Law funny enough.

I prefer what King brought to the table over Wolf and El Blaze. I like his unique chain grabs and is very charismatic as someone who just growls. He embodies prowrestling.
ORSLWQ.gif

Tekken 8 King looks incredible!!!

Hoppa

The T2 intro is burned into my brain with the hand climbing up the volcano and Paul starting up his bike, I can clearly remember sound effects when you're navigating the menu. The T3 intro I don't remember too well, but these arcade idle cuts are bloody iconic

PSA: The only reason I suggest PM is to keep some mystery to the results. I’m not trying to clone your dna or plant a microchip. If you can’t send a message due to medical or religious reasons you can post your list in the thread but you’ll eat the penalty

Happy Warm Up GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
Are bears counted as one character?

CGNoire

ORSLWQ.gif
Tekken 3 intro is peak Namco CGI cutscene.

Hoppa

T2 and T3 intros are my favorite intros ever, hard to say which one is absolute best, maybe T3 with microscopie margine

Remind me. Here 'ssome fun edit i made while ago

Haha wow that’s great. Took me until the dude working out to figure out what was going on lol

Hoppa

Change of plans I'm going to start posting results today/tonight in approx 3-4ish hours - last call for any final votes :messenger_fistbump::messenger_fistbump:

tumblr_oypwlmQm961wdzkpko1_500.gif

Hoppa

Voting closed - RESULTS!

d6bw0w8-e0b0d6f1-f28c-4d83-a03f-d00d86526639.gif

Kcz5H9b.png
Umh46tW.png
cnSNlG9.png
LhWxRj0.png
eZyOZKG.png

37. WANG JINREI
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN
TOP VOTE: EruditeHobo EruditeHobo (1)

36. VIOLET
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 4
TOP VOTE: NeverYouMind NeverYouMind (1)

35. UNKNOWN
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT
TOP VOTE: Sub_Level Sub_Level (1)

34. PANDA
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 3
TOP VOTE: SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo (1)

33. LARS ALEXANDERSSON
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 6: BLOODLINE REBELLION
TOP VOTE: Chiggs Chiggs (1)
IIv4eWk.png
7Vw61me.png
VrPTMGA.png
qjlHn0I.png
XjMFidL.png

32. KATARINA ALVES
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 7
TOP VOTE: SSfox SSfox (1)

31. ANNA WILLIAMS
TOP VOTE: Labolas Labolas (1)

30. ALISA BOSCONOVITCH
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 6: BLOODLINE REBELLION
TOP VOTE: Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme (1)

29. LIDIA SOBIESKA
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 7: FATED RETRIBUTION
TOP VOTE: Edmund Edmund (2)

28. KAZUMI MISHIMA
TOP VOTE: Chiggs Chiggs (2)​

Hoppa

c29s54Y.png
CA41p3T.png
ubDNYav.png
YzY67Qm.png
TlQb48y.png

27. JOSIE RIZAL
TOP VOTE: SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo (2)

26. SERGEI DRAGUNOV
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 5: DARK RESURRECTION
TOP VOTE: NeverYouMind NeverYouMind (2)

25. RAVEN
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 5
TOP VOTE: SSfox SSfox (3)

24. MIHARU HIRANO
TOP VOTE: SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo (3)

23. FENG WEI
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 5
TOP VOTE: Mr.Phoenix Mr.Phoenix (3)

mTyaDZO.png
1mi8JZ7.png
9Fun4DS.png
ky863NR.png
AwPeeRd.png

22. NINA WILLIAMS
TOP VOTE: SSfox SSfox (4)

21. LILI (EMILIE) DE ROCHEFORT
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 5: DARK RESURRECTION
TOP VOTE: Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme (4)

20. OGRE
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 3
TOP VOTE: Sub_Level Sub_Level (4)

19. CHRISTIE MONTEIRO
TOP VOTE: SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo (5⭐)

18. BRUCE IRVIN
FIRST APPEARANCE: TEKKEN 2
TOP VOTE: C CGNoire (3)

Last edited:
Top Bottom