• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEGA Community Thread |OT| To be this good takes AGES

The graphics of Shining Force on Mobile looks good, but I don't get why they did it on Mobile in the first place.

Nintendo UK had Shin Megami Tensei V's Limited Edition, but because it is Nintendo UK, they give you no mailing update AND it sells out in an hour, since they never buy enough of them for us to purchase.

Seriously, every Survey they give me I always say to stock better Limited Editions and communicate with the fans via e-mails....such idiots.

Kazza

The graphics of Shining Force on Mobile looks good, but I don't get why they did it on Mobile in the first place.

Nintendo UK had Shin Megami Tensei V's Limited Edition, but because it is Nintendo UK, they give you no mailing update AND it sells out in an hour, since they never buy enough of them for us to purchase.

Seriously, every Survey they give me I always say to stock better Limited Editions and communicate with the fans via e-mails....such idiots.

Atlus physical games always seem to end up being expensive. They never seem to produce many copies of their games. There were a few I wanted to buy on 3DS and Vita, but they just cost too much.

Kazza

In Soviet Russia, you don't have console wars, the console wars have you!

This is a really great video about the console wars (or rather lack of them) in Russia in the 90s.

While I've seen some bootleg stuff in my time, this is really something else:

J5eMx4f.png

Red Dead 2 is apparently just a renamed version of Sunset Riders.

9XKfy8s.png

This is my favourite though:

jfsQj8b.png

It's a Wii type motion controls console with its own ripoff games, but it also has a cartridge slot which accepts its own special cartridges with Megadrive games on them. The Saturn controller was a good choice.

ShinobiWan1

Hey everyone, I just played through Sonic 3 on my Genesis, and cleared the game with all Chaos Emeralds. As such, I popped in the Sonic and Knuckles cart and with the power of lock-on technology, I placed Sonic 3 on top. It doesn't recognise my save file...though it seems to recognise the others. I usually take the last slot in games because my kids tend to accidentally erase anything in the front. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

I fast forwarded the cart transition time. My save file is still there when I just have the Sonic 3 cart in the Genesis.

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

Hey! I was able to figure it out! First thing I tried was completing Sonic 3 again with one of the files that S&K recognised. It didn't work. :(

I guess you need to delete all the files on Sonic 3 & Knuckles for it to recognise newer saves. (It had the old saves from playing it back in 1995) Once I deleted all the Sonic 3 & Knuckles save files, I switched back to Sonic 3 to check and they were still there. I then tried Sonic and Knuckles and they were all updated. I did watch the end credits on Sonic 3 before switching, just in case.

Last edited:
Did anyone have these japanese SEGA AGES 2500 discs for the PS2? Basically, they were remakes of their old games almost everyone forgot about, like Fist Of The North Star or Die Hard Arcade?
I owned
Bonanza Brothers
Phantasy Star generation 1
Dynamite Deka
Columns
_________
Eventually, they stopped working

ShinobiWan1

Did anyone have these japanese SEGA AGES 2500 discs for the PS2? Basically, they were remakes of their old games almost everyone forgot about, like Fist Of The North Star or Die Hard Arcade?
I owned
Bonanza Brothers
Dynamite Deka
Columns
_________
I wanted to play the Phantasy Star ones so badly, but I didn't know how to play imports on the PS2. That sucks that they stopped working :(

I've actually been playing regular old Phantasy Star on the Master System lately lol I'm currently grinding meseta on Motavia (nearby Uzo)

Kazza

I owned
Bonanza Brothers
Dynamite Deka
Columns
_________

They were a real mixed bag, ranging from terrible to pretty good. I really liked the new soundtrack in the Golden Axe one, even if the remake itself was bad.

They were a real mixed bag, ranging from terrible to pretty good. I really liked the new soundtrack in the Golden Axe one, even if the remake itself was bad.
I liked the soundtrack for Gain Ground, AKA the game that has an option that literally prevents you from getting to a specific level and I wondered why that happened until now.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Holly crap ! After all the Jet Set Radio easter eggs (VF5US, Monkey Ball), the art director of Jet Set Radio is back at Sega !

It's not the first one of the hey days to come back lately !!!
That mother fucker did a great job on Astal, Panzer Dragoon, Yakuza too.

Exciting time...

Ueda Ryota:
From now on, I will focus on making games again. Not only do I feel the excitement of making things, but I am also smiling a little at the thought of seeing old friends and meeting new people. I would like to fully demonstrate what I have cultivated through experience.

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

Holly crap ! After all the Jet Set Radio easter eggs (VF5US, Monkey Ball), the art director of Jet Set Radio is back at Sega !

It's not the first one of the hey days to come back lately !!!
That mother fucker did a great job on Astal, Panzer Dragoon, Yakuza too.

Exciting time...

Ueda Ryota:
From now on, I will focus on making games again. Not only do I feel the excitement of making things, but I am also smiling a little at the thought of seeing old friends and meeting new people. I would like to fully demonstrate what I have cultivated through experience.
I did notice that Jet Set Radio was a recent Microsoft Rewards Poll topic. I wonder if something is in the works?

Kazza

What can we expect from Sega in this:

Two hours long should give enough time for some surprises, but these kind of live events always seem to end up underwhelming, so probably just previewing stuff already announced.

I would like a wider release of some Vanillaware games, I don't think that's too much to ask for :messenger_persevering:

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

GREAT version of the already fantastic Guardian Heroes! I wish they kept Nicole's cape more vibrant (VERY MINOR concern), but no big deal! I love how smooth the VS mode is on the Xbox, all the chaos without the slow down! Among other QoL upgrades, they've also added a new control scheme that works really well. I remember not being too fond of it initially, but after some recent playthroughs, I really like it! I think being able to run nonstop was one of the things I liked (instead of a short burst run on the Saturn)

The DIP Switch stuff on the Saturn was fun to play with, especially when I was introducing it to my kids. We just maxed our levels at the beginning then enjoyed the ride!

Last edited:

Kazza

Man, those arena fights were really fun:

The DIP Switch stuff on the Saturn was fun to play with, especially when I was introducing it to my kids. We just maxed our levels at the beginning then enjoyed the ride!

I think this really is a great game to play with your kids. It's very hectic, but not too violent. You can also ask them to decide where to go when he branching paths segments come up.

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

Happy Dreamcast day everyone! What will you be doing to celebrate?

Here's an old sketch I did back in the year 2000 (that still sounds like the future to me)

22tEe6y.jpg

I think I'll play some Phantasy Star Online today, do a Forest2Falz run (offline :( )

OH and semi Sega related, yesterday was Star Trek day! I usually celebrate by watching a Star Trek movie VCD on my Saturn!

imFGPUi.jpg

Last edited:

Kazza

Happy Dreamcast day everyone! What will you be doing to celebrate?

Here's an old sketch I did back in the year 2000 (that still sounds like the future to me)

22tEe6y.jpg

I think I'll play some Phantasy Star Online today, do a Forest2Falz run (offline :( )

OH and semi Sega related, yesterday was Star Trek day! I usually celebrate by watching a Star Trek movie VCD on my Saturn!

imFGPUi.jpg

How old were you when you drew that, it's really good! The Dreamcast was, is and always will represent the future!

I'm going to play some Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi 2.

ShinobiWan1

How old were you when you drew that, it's really good! The Dreamcast was, is and always will represent the future!

I'm going to play some Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi 2.
Oh I was already 21 haha I went to Japan a little later for about a year. I saw some Shenmue 2 ads in the stores, and was like :O

I think it was this one, but it's been awhile

Here's an old picture of me pretending that I studied at the Hazuki Dojo. I got all the way up to Yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do haha

bHdZWfl.jpg

ShinobiWan1

I ended up not playing any Dreamcast games today :( Work went late, and I still have the Sega Genesis/Sega CD hooked up. I didn't want to bother with the adapters haha but I did play some Android Assault!

3UQyFZY.jpg

I'm not good at shooters, but they can be pretty to look at! I got to my usual spot, the boss of the second level. Then I died and turned it off.

ShinobiWan1

Dead or Alive and Gun Valkyrie were not on the old Xbox 360 store.

I know that Dead or Alive Ultimate and 3 were backwards compatible on the 360. I went to try Gun Valkyrie...but it turns out it is missing from my collection :(

Anyways, I wonder if that's what they meant

Kazza

Still no news on a lightgun for this...It just wouldn't be the same using a controller. I wonder if they can get it out in time for Halloween? Just one week to go...

Top Bottom