• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY 2022 |OT| Voting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Here's my list, please don't bully.

scTQ56g.png

Can't think of any game which UI really impressed me. Also loved Elden Ring's character design and voices, specially the blue loli and the big snake.

Cuphead deserves a sequel for sure, and I really enjoyed Stranger's first hour thanks to it's script, characters, music and gameplay.
Also managed to put Lost Judgment in there because it's OST is just fucking amazing.

Btw there's no submit button right? Are the selections saved automatically?

Last edited:

scTQ56g.png

Can't think of any game which UI really impressed me. Also loved Elden Ring's character design and voices, specially the blue loli and the big snake.

Cuphead deserves a sequel for sure, and I really enjoyed Stranger's first hour thanks to it's script, characters, music and gameplay.
Also managed to put Lost Judgment in there because it's OST is just fucking amazing.

Norco's "box art" is really good. You've got a lot of solid picks.

The Stig

scTQ56g.png

A fellow prodeus player.

I see you are a person of taste.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Norco's "box art" is really good. You've got a lot of solid picks.
Thanks! Haven't still played that game, but once I saw that boxart I knew I had a clear pick for that category.

A fellow prodeus player.

I see you are a person of taste.
Retro shooters are my shit my man. Also had a ton of fun with Ion Fury this year, thing I beat it three or four times. :goog_relieved:

Thanks! Haven't still played that game, but once I saw that boxart I knew I had a clear pick for that category.
I just beat it on Sunday. It's definitely worth a playthrough. The UI is a little clumsy on console, clearly designed for a mouse. But the story and characters are wayyyyyyy out there and unlike anything I've played.

I could see people hating it or loving it based on their life experience / beliefs. It's strictly a point and click adventure game.

TintoConCasera

No submit button, your changes are saved automatically. You can make changes if you'd like right up until the deadline.
Amazing stuff, thanks for putting in the work!

I just beat it on Sunday. It's definitely worth a playthrough. The UI is a little clumsy on console, clearly designed for a mouse. But the story and characters are wayyyyyyy out there and unlike anything I've played.

I could see people hating it or loving it based on their life experience / beliefs. It's strictly a point and click adventure game.
Have it on my wishlist. If the script is half as good as the artstyle then it must be a total banger.

Drizzlehell

Banned
ZaUcBWF.png

Ultimately I've decided to go with my instincts - partly because I'm a huge Star Wars fan but also because I honestly cannot recall any other game this year that would bring me as much pure, unbridled joy as LEGO Star Wars. The more I think about it, the more confused I am as to why everyone is showering God of War with so much praise, because after finishing the story in that game, I felt absolutely no desire to go back and play it some more or maybe give the campaign a second try. And it's exactly the same feeling I had with the previous God of War - pretty great on first playthrough, but after that I'm good. Even replaying GoW 2018 just before Ragnarok's launch felt more like a chore than fun because I already knew the story and there's not much else to those games outside of the narrative.

Meanwhile, I can play Lego Star Wars for hours and hours, and still be entertained by its fun gameplay, sheer volume and variety of stuff to do, great humor, beautiful visuals, plenty of nostalgia, and so on. It's just a great game all around and it's like my second-most played game this year.

RickSanchez

my votes are in!

Sniper Elite 5 is the most underrated (the internet seems to have completely forgotten about it) and best overall value for me this year. Horizon Forbidden West is my GotY, just fucking love it. No i did not play Elden Ring, i have very poor hand-eye coordination and reaction speed to be able to play that game. Yes i did play God of War Ragnarok.

cormack12

Gold Member
May change some of these, but after swapping and changing this is what it looks like so far

Game of the YearGod of War Ragnarok
Best Action GameHorizon Forbidden West
Best Adventure GameA Plague Tale: Requiem
Best RPGElden Ring
Best PlatformerPac-Man World Re-Pac
Best ShooterCall of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Best Sports GameF1 22
Best Fighting GameMultiVersus
Best Indie GameHello Neighbor 2
Best Multiplayer GameCall of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Best Remake or RemasterPac-Man World Re-Pac
Best Visual StyleDeathloop
Best SoundtrackDeath Stranding Directors Cut
Best UI or HUD designTom Clancys Rainbow Six Extraction
Best Voice ActingA Plague Tale: Requiem
Best Box ArtRollerdrome
Best character designCult of the Lamb
Best Overall ValueLego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Most Underrated GameSniper Elite 5
Most Difficult GameElden Ring
'It should have been on Gamepass'Cult of the Lamb
Game that respects your timeScorn
Game that deserves a sequelCult of the Lamb
Game I bought, but didn't playStray
Best first hour of gameplaySifu

Hey did you also play the first Judgment game? Not that it would be eligible or anything but I think it has a better OST

Why is Cyberpunk an option?
Well if you really think about it, the worst possible year to nominate Cyberpunk was 2020 lol

Last edited:

mansoor1980

voted for...........

GOW ragnarok
elden ring
GT7
prodeus
stray
HFW
TLOU1

among the categories , but the selection categories are limited and the method is weird

Sensei

I was a tad conflicted when selecting games that have already been out for a while on other platforms (I'm not talking about remasters/remakes), but in the end I decided to include those as well, since this year felt a little underwhelming overall (for me at least)

zguVdFw.png

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Here's mine:
MYe1s2i.png

Mine currently:

Screen-Shot-2022-12-19-at-11-41-14-AM.png

Since there's no racing category, will add GT7 as best Sports.

Lszmmt1.jpg

I’d say it’s been a pretty good year. Hope Bayonetta gets something since most official awards will snob it.

scTQ56g.png

gyAuRSN.png

I guess this is my final, since there were barely any games this year and I just replayed most of the time. Basically indie of the year is Tunic and HFW is my goty.

ZaUcBWF.png

Ultimately I've decided to go with my instincts - partly because I'm a huge Star Wars fan but also because I honestly cannot recall any other game this year that would bring me as much pure, unbridled joy as LEGO Star Wars. The more I think about it, the more confused I am as to why everyone is showering God of War with so much praise, because after finishing the story in that game, I felt absolutely no desire to go back and play it some more or maybe give the campaign a second try. And it's exactly the same feeling I had with the previous God of War - pretty great on first playthrough, but after that I'm good. Even replaying GoW 2018 just before Ragnarok's launch felt more like a chore than fun because I already knew the story and there's not much else to those games outside of the narrative.

Meanwhile, I can play Lego Star Wars for hours and hours, and still be entertained by its fun gameplay, sheer volume and variety of stuff to do, great humor, beautiful visuals, plenty of nostalgia, and so on. It's just a great game all around and it's like my second-most played game this year.

May change some of these, but after swapping and changing this is what it looks like so far

Best Action GameHorizon Forbidden West
Best Adventure GameA Plague Tale: Requiem
Best RPGElden Ring
Best PlatformerPac-Man World Re-Pac
Best Sports GameF1 22
Best Fighting GameMultiVersus
Best Indie GameHello Neighbor 2
Best Remake or RemasterPac-Man World Re-Pac
Best Visual StyleDeathloop
Best SoundtrackDeath Stranding Directors Cut
Best UI or HUD designTom Clancys Rainbow Six Extraction
Best Voice ActingA Plague Tale: Requiem
Best Box ArtRollerdrome
Best character designCult of the Lamb
Best Overall ValueLego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Most Underrated GameSniper Elite 5
'It should have been on Gamepass'Cult of the Lamb
Game that respects your timeScorn
Game that deserves a sequelCult of the Lamb
Game I bought, but didn't playStray
Best first hour of gameplaySifu

Tried to be as objective as possible between what ive played this year.

f4tMptu.png
Excuse me, do you have time to talk about Vampire Survivors? It's an incredibly fun and rewarding game. The beginning starts slow but ramps up over the course of the game. It's like $5 on PC and free on mobile. Definitely worth checking out before the end of the survey.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

mansoor1980's selections:

Best Action GameGod of War Ragnarok
Best Adventure GameElden Ring
Best RPGClick to Vote
Best PlatformerStray
Best ShooterProdeus
Best Sports GameGran Turismo 7
Best Fighting GameClick to Vote
Best Indie GameProdeus
Best Multiplayer GameClick to Vote
Best Remake or RemasterThe Last of Us Part I
Best Visual StyleHorizon Forbidden West
Best SoundtrackElden Ring
Best UI or HUD designGod of War Ragnarok
Best Voice ActingGod of War Ragnarok
Best Box ArtElden Ring
Best character designGod of War Ragnarok
Best Overall ValueGod of War Ragnarok
Most Underrated GameProdeus
'It should have been on Gamepass'Click to Vote
Game that respects your timeGran Turismo 7
Game that deserves a sequelProdeus
Game I bought, but didn't playClick to Vote
Best first hour of gameplayElden Ring

Drizzlehell

Banned
Here's mine:
MYe1s2i.png

Excuse me, do you have time to talk about Vampire Survivors? It's an incredibly fun and rewarding game. The beginning starts slow but ramps up over the course of the game. It's like $5 on PC and free on mobile. Definitely worth checking out before the end of the survey.

Yeah, I play it on Gamepass sometimes. It's a super fun and unique little game and I absolutely love it but it's not really the kind of thing that I would play for hours on an end. Usually I just pop it in for a quick round or two while I'm taking a break and then go back to work.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
For "it should've been on Gp" I voted Callisto because it was so bad lol.
might change some stuff later. Calling horizon2 a good platformer is blasphemy but I don't know what else was better that I played.
Also - I never played new COD but I watch streams of it, so I include it

rofif's selections:

Game of the YearElden Ring
Best Action GameGod of War Ragnarok
Best Adventure GameStray
Best RPGElden Ring
Best PlatformerHorizon Forbidden West
Best Sports GameClick to Vote
Best Fighting GameClick to Vote
Best Indie GameVampire Survivors