• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
sad chewie GIF
Chewy.gif

TheContact

Very enjoyable to watch, keep it up everyone.

not really. i wish people could just control themselves. the bans are snowballing off of each other. these people just need to stay exclusively on the gaming side for a while until they can have some retrospective on this whole situation. emotions are still high, but man some of these people must doomscroll way too much

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The Politics forum was created to keep political discussion contained so that the Gaming and Off-Topic forums could flourish and be fun again. It’s not a platform for activism. It’s not a free speech zone. It’s certainly not there to be a playground for insurrectionists, racists, and Q garbage. That is not consistent with NeoGAF’s values whatsoever, and some of you have massively overstepped as of late and burned through your goodwill.

ManofOne

Plus Member
EviLore EviLore I agree with the banning of those insurrectionist, racists and even those participating in Q Anon. In fact I support a zero tolerance but I think the issue for me here is that there are those who aren’t breaking the traditional rules and have a disagreement with specific perceptions

In the case of O-N-E O-N-E for example he response was civil. I think people are getting caught in the cross fire and there should be a more reasonable way of allowing to voice their discontent. For example a separate thread for questioning what can and cannot be posted based on what ever litmus test is being applied for conspiracy threads. Or a deeper clarification on conspiracy threads that removes that perception of “one side being targeted.”

Not trying to burn through any goodwill here ( not sure if I accumulated any), just asking for some leniency. Especially now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EviLore EviLore I agree with the banning of those insurrectionist, racists and even those participating in Q Anon. In fact I support a zero tolerance but I think the issue for me here is that there are those who aren’t breaking the traditional rules and have a disagreement with specific perceptions

In the case of O-N-E O-N-E for example he response was civil. I think people are getting caught in the cross fire and there should be a more reasonable way of allowing to voice their discontent. For example a separate thread for questioning what can and cannot be posted based on what ever litmus test is being applied for conspiracy threads. Or a deeper clarification on conspiracy threads that removes that perception of “one side being targeted.”

Not trying to burn through any goodwill here ( not sure if I accumulated any), just asking for some leniency. Especially now.
Alright, one more chance.

Ionian

Christ what a freakshow.

I love this line;

"I don't know. What did i do wrong? I don't cursed and didn't insult anyone. And as far as i know i didn't treat you any of you assholes with disrepect. So i don't know what the fuck did i do?"

Got a good laugh out of that one, didn't curse and disrespect anyone. Then proceeds to curse and call everyone assholes in the same sentence.

Last edited:
not really. i wish people could just control themselves. the bans are snowballing off of each other. these people just need to stay exclusively on the gaming side for a while until they can have some retrospective on this whole situation. emotions are still high, but man some of these people must doomscroll way too much
I do actually agree with you. It's a sad state seeing so many people eat bans. But EL has made the position clear (well, to me at least) and if people don't want to play by the rules then their fate is ultimately decided.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
If you truly believe something is an actual unfounded conspiracy theory, you can use the report button (if that gets disabled you might get the message that your valuation of what constituted a conspiracy theory was off a lot).
But what if you don't have a report button.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Why was he banned? Genuine question, I liked his posts in the Anime thread.
More is required to keep these members afloat. They won't survive on likes alone - They need recommendations, hell, a Gold Membership will do.
The Politics forum was created to keep political discussion contained so that the Gaming and Off-Topic forums could flourish and be fun again. It’s not a platform for activism. It’s not a free speech zone. It’s certainly not there to be a playground for insurrectionists, racists, and Q garbage. That is not consistent with NeoGAF’s values whatsoever, and some of you have massively overstepped as of late and burned through your goodwill.
Oh Tyler, i sure hope you have some kind of Auto-Type hotkey installed because you sure will need it haha.
390904.jpg

I do actually agree with you. It's a sad state seeing so many people eat bans. But EL has made the position clear (well, to me at least) and if people don't want to play by the rules then their fate is ultimately decided.
Lets put it this way: Bans are like the new cookie flavor that people want to try out.

Thus, seeing many bans should be a good thing. A lot of people want to try out new cookies.
You're an absolute mad lad.
You know what to do for his services.

seat GIF

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Damn. this guy got O-N-E O-N-E acquitted of all charges. Def gonna hire you as my GAF defense attorney if I ever get banned.

e&e

Banned
I like to request O-N-E O-N-E perm be shifted to temp. He was not being disrespectful to anyone and seemingly had a problem with a specific thread in general. I think, the new rules on conspiracy threads should be clarified a bit more to avoid dis-content and misconceptions.
This is where I will disagree with you again. Why should he be Temp again, because he’s been here for a while? As I have said before to Evilore that they don’t realize that they are treated better with more temps...then come back and repeat their same schtick...just cut your losses.

Last edited:

TheContact

This is where I will disagree with you again. Why should he be Temp again, because he’s been here for a while? As I have said before to Evilore that they don’t realize that they don’t realize they are treated better with more temps...

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

but in general people need to understand the differences between the mueller report, the events leading up to the capital riot, and blamtifa violence.

teezzy

Banned
This is where I will disagree with you again. Why should he be Temp again, because he’s been here for a while?

Fuck off. This isn't some witch hunt.

O-N-E O-N-E has proven time and time again to be a knowledgeable member who provides plenty of merit to multiple discussions here on GAF. Even when he and I disagree on things, we've found common ground and actually garnered a mutual respect and friendship through it. This isn't a one-size-fits-all sorta deal. Everything should be reviewed on a case by case basis. Dude didn't do shit wrong, he's a homie and valued participant. Lord forbid someone stick up for those we've lost already in a courteous manner.

O-N-E

Please make the sea lion your avatar.
Thanks in advance.

Or some composite of your existing av and the face? 🤔

I can't.

It's one of -Arcadia- -Arcadia- 's go-to images and it just felt right. I can't claim such ownership over it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is where I will disagree with you again. Why should he be Temp again, because he’s been here for a while? As I have said before to Evilore that they don’t realize that they are treated better with more temps...then come back and repeat their same schtick...just cut your losses.

One of the main purposes of this thread is for people to vouch for others if they believe a ban to be wrongful or unnecessary.

Is there someone you'd like to propose to come back from the dead or are you looking for a kill? You've never said shit to me before btw.

image.png

ManofOne

Plus Member

One of the reasons I love GAF vs REE is because there is an actual outlet to discuss bans. I gave myreasons, I’ve interacted with O-N-E O-N-E to know he yes he might be a douche at times but he’s a reasonable poster. What he said didn’t go against the rules. Temp banned before or not.

If anyone of you guys get banned for similar reasons, I’ll do the same, regardless of political ideology. It didn’t sit well with me personally and I asked for some leniency.

teezzy

Banned
I can't.

It's one of -Arcadia- -Arcadia- 's go-to images and it just felt right. I can't claim such ownership over it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

One of the main purposes of this thread is for people to vouch for others if they believe a ban to be wrongful or unnecessary.

Is there someone you'd like to propose to come back from the dead or are you looking for a kill? You've never said shit to me before btw.

image.png

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I for one am glad that this forum has a dedicated space for Politics. It's one of the many problems of Reddit and other internet forums, the off topic or front pages tend to get filled up with that content and it hard to enjoy the sites. You can filter it out, but it tends to spill in to everything else. Having it all contained in one sub-forum is perfect. I totally get why people want to discuss Politics and have a place to do so, it's just nice to have an off-topic section that is centred more around fun than serious matters.

e&e

Banned
Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Lol I responded before reading the rest of thread, calm down and shake it off.

Have some REeeespect!

Don’t care, just observing like I’ve been before joining. Don’t be scared about me being new, I don’t bite.

Word of advice:

Rather than doubling down, it'd be far more graceful to apologize. If multiple members of any community call you out and nobody backs you up - the issue likely lies with you.

It's not rocket science, dude.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Alright so I'll back him up then, just for sake of argument and being a petty piece of shit

After a bit of watching "You go into time out," repeatedly, it starts to get kinda annoying

For instance, when I first landed here, I poked fun at some people not being pirates, paying for games, not modding their stuff, etc and I got a newspaper to the nose for it; listened to them and stopped posting anything that could be construed as promoting piracy, and hey, look, no warnings or bans or anything

I can't really think of too many situations in general where grace is extended that many times, and the person extending the grace is pleasured by it; I think that falls back into the conversation prior where the mods discussed that usually there's a history or something like PMs causing the perm

EDIT: On a side note, I really don't care if people get a ton of temps or not. Shit sometimes you gotta take a hit to crack a good joke

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I mean if you think getting told "You look like Jerry Seinfeld," is a plus, sure it's boot licking lol

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be told that
EDIT: I did a very very light census around my office and some other groups, most people would take offense with being told they look like Jerry Seinfeld. On a very very weird note, it was also discussed by 2 of those groups that they would be okay wearing a skin suit of Jerry Seinfeld

On that note, need to pop in and change it back to now that the joke has gone by

Hey what can I say? Some things about my blood line are just that lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom