• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
His post in the woke women preferring to date white men thread pissed me right off. Largely because I know it’s a true thing from my own personal experience. Woke women want that white meat.
He finally set an avatar, too.
He's a curious one. I feel like he's stuck in limbo between two universes and doesn't know how to fit in to either. Now he's banned from both here and Reset. I wouldn't mind giving him a second chance. He can get some tips on how to be a successful snarky non-conformist from Jesus Carbomb Jesus Carbomb or Richard Packer Richard Packer

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Chunk actually did it right, though. Right or wrong, he just said, 'okay', and left. He didn't make a big ban thing out of it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of the post.

I'd add in that there's a third category. People without self-control. Granted, I've been tempted to ask, myself, but what's better, getting a mod to help you out, who won't always be there when you get addicted to something, or learning to exercise some helpful self-control in general?
To Jare's credit, yeah, his arc involved a noble progression from senseless paranoia to self-responsibility and self-actualization, even if it did ultimately lead him to stop posting. I can respect that, though.

Two types,

1. I'm losing an argument or can't get my own way, so I threaten to flounce off a forum so I hopefully get loads of people begging me not to go and dogpile the person I'm arguing with.

2. I need validation, "I'm thinking about leaving" waits for that hugbox begging them not to go. Rinse and repeat every so often.

Chunk touches himself everytime he reads he's missed. Make no mistake, he's still reading.

So, uh... there's a problem with your two types thing... how do you classify someone like me who took a week off but I asked Evilore through PMs for it? I didn't do it for either of those reasons, neither losing an argument or wanting a hugbox, I have actual psychological issues I take medications for and this forum wasn't helping me at the time. I do have actual self control issues and they're part of why my life isn't what it could be, I don't want to say awful, to some people I live a crummy life but I find enjoyment out of it where I can and GAF is among the things that makes my life better so if it stops being that I'd rather take a break like I did and come back having gotten over whatever was putting me on edge here. If some argument goes too far for me and starts to upset me it's about the only way to stop myself from continuing to argue it to the point I get banned anyways. But, if I stop myself and request the time off, it has to be looked at better by the staff than if I let things keep escalating. When you guys talk about no self control it's weird because requesting the ban WAS me exercising a level of self control I normally am not capable of, I've gone so long on the internet getting mad about every argument, having to win every argument but now I'm actually able to force myself out of the argument, that's a step up for me, for some of you it'd be a crutch or something and maybe it sort of is for me but if you knew me well enough you'd know even asking for the ban is huge for me. I've been on so many forums and message boards and have endured many bans, I always snuck around them any way I could with new accounts and whatever else, on the Rotten Tomatoes forums the mods gave up trying to keep me banned I'd come back so often. But here... I let the week run out and then returned and the argument I was mad about before the ban? Barely mattered to me when returning. It felt really good. Maybe one day I should have the self control to not need it, but for now I'm glad it's an option.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It's not that simple. I've had to take time away to deal with some personal stuff and needed to request a perm because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from checking GAF. Sure I could log off, but I'd still be able to view threads and I didn't need that kind of distraction. Some people may look at that kind of request and think it's a pathetic attempt at getting attention or pity, and maybe in some cases it is, but more often that not there's more to the story.
You are weak.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny reading al the posts by people giving a shit that some posters respectfully request a ban.
What's the big deal?

And if you all recall, Matt was exactly the same as you guys, but ended up requesting his temp.

Big deal.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It's funny reading al the posts by people giving a shit that some posters respectfully request a ban.
What's the big deal?

And if you all recall, Matt was exactly the same as you guys, but ended up requesting his temp.

Big deal.

The flow of the conversation is meandering hard, and both stances on the issue have gone over the line a few times, but I think it's an interesting discussion.

I think there's a lot of people using that system to 'slam the door behind them', have their big dramatic moment, or get attention on Gaf too, which deserves more than a little mockery/criticism.

I don't begrudge people needing to use it for legit reasons, but I do think it's best to rely on your own discipline, rather than padlocking your addiction and handing the key to a stranger.

I'm personally struggling with staying off Gaf right now, or just keeping it to my PM conversations, at least, but I think learning that discipline will be valuable for me. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that I don't have it, and can't even make it through a movie, for example, without checking what's going on on Gaf (and social media).

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's a lot of people using that system to 'slam the door behind them', have their big dramatic moment, or get attention on Gaf too, which deserves more than a little mockery/criticism.

Maybe so. But I'm referring to the disbelief or mockery etc etc that people show towards the reasonable requesting ones.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
4at4bi.jpg

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Just put some makeup on that big mole on your right butt cheek and you'll be perfect, and you've been using that brown towel for months now so maybe it's time to change it as that color could hide things. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
It's on the left, you crosseyed (sexy) bitch.

sircaw

Banned
What a sad day! They just keep banning ponies like Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem from playing on the stable with the Xbots and PC weirdos in that glorious thread, FOR 10 DAYS!! That’s a lot! 😢

What is most annoying is I have been reporting Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem for over 3 months, every day i spam the mods ten times a day trying to get rid of him.

And now they only act, useless MODS the lot of them.

Seriously though, it's very quiet atm, calm before the storm, if you were looking to take a much needed break now would be the time, cos i sense a lot of pain incoming very very soon.

If any of that exclusivity deals are true, there will be blood and tears coming.

LED Guy?

Banned
What is most annoying is I have been reporting Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem for over 3 months, every day i spam the mods ten times a day trying to get rid of him.

Seriously though, it's very quiet atm, calm before the storm, if you were looking to take a much needed break now would be the time, cos i sense a lot of pain incoming very very soon.

If any of that exclusivity deals are true, there will be blood and tears coming.
Yeah I too have a feeling that there will be HUGE NEWS and fanboys flying everywhere in these coming days/weeks, oh man, it’s gonna get bloody on here and on Twitter (because I have an account there and engage regularly in console wars and stuff 🤣)

sircaw

Banned
OMG - This one is just TOOO funny and absolutely true - that guy was so obnoxious.

Mods I love you! ♥♥♥♥

I heard through the grapevine that you are a well-loved and a respected poster on these forums and that's from Sony people.

So the question is, What do you think about Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem 10 day ban, should it be decreased or double it.

vote the right way, I feed a Cat tonight, the wrong way. I punch a kitten. Your choice.

Spill the beans. :messenger_halo:

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I heard through the grapevine that you are a well-loved and a respected poster on these forums and that's from Sony people.

So the question is, What do you think about Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem 10 day ban, should it be decreased or doubled.

vote the right way, I feed a Cat tonight, the wrong way. I punch a kitten. Your choice.

Spill the beans. :messenger_halo:

Sure, reinstate him, right after all the Xbox fan's 9.2 bans are reversed, otherwise double it.

Sorry Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem , but I figure this ban is a great opportunity for you and will give you more time to creep on your neighbors. :messenger_winking:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The last picture is rear window, you better not be planning on killing your wife, that's what that film is about.

Grace Kelly was awesome in that.

Yes I am an old fart "lollipop_disappointed:

Well, that's what google spit out when I typed "neighbors window". No idea of both films. :lollipop_hushed:

Gamernyc78

Banned

I had a few ppl actively stroke my knob like tht and report me to the mods, thankfully what I was doing was honorable in the eyes of the mod Shogunate and I continued my road to enlightment and honor. I perform haiku Daily with my brother Jin to remain in the righteous path although he has gone astray and many call him the "ghost". I do however have my sights on a little pussy cat who travels the shadows like a dishonorable ninjaaa striking from afar with bamboo and venom 👀😂😂😂😭

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom