• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
This right here is the problem. If you actually think people are wishing that you are gone, you are reading the room wrong. Any perceived grievance you have with random internet strangers is nothing compared to the self-doubt you are experiencing, and only you have the power to change that.
Why-Are-Roborovski-Hamsters-Fighting.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not the result you hope for, but if that’s what he wants to do.

I hope a few days or a week persuade him to see how the majority of the fun here, easily outweighs a few idiots that will either end up on the ban list, or the collective poster shit list, and just how much they don’t matter.

Also what the wise hamster said.

Stifler's Mom, I know you're not that familiar with hamster culture, so I'll give you a pass this time, but it is my duty to inform you that you just posted a very offensive picture of underage hamster sexual harassment at the workplace.
Dear Hamster, you misunderstood that pic.
It's a fist fight to the death between two of your specimen.

This was one of them in before the fight:
images

Last edited:
Shantae, or Loserwhoisbetteroffdead (sic), needs to learn to respect himself a little more if he wants to be taken seriously. To me it looked like he dodged Xaero's question, so he wasn't looking to be convinced to stay, but to have people feel sorry for him. Maybe he thought people would blame haxan7 for "getting his wish" but what would that have solved, Shantae? It was your decision to leave, not anyone else's. Don't look for others to confirm the negative thoughts and feelings that you have about yourself. Find your new spring on life again.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Shantae, or Loserwhoisbetteroffdead (sic), needs to learn to respect himself a little more if he wants to be taken seriously. To me it looked like he dodged Xaero's question, so he wasn't looking to be convinced to stay, but to have people feel sorry for him. Maybe he thought people would blame haxan7 for "getting his wish" but what would that have solved, Shantae? It was your decision to leave, not anyone else's. Don't look for others to confirm the negative thoughts and feelings that you have about yourself. Find your new spring on life again.
I believe he still had me on ignore :O

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Ah I didn't realise it was that dude. It's a shame as clearly his behaviour had improved enough to make me forget the association but clearly the tendency towards self-pity re-emerged, which is a shame.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
People keep telling me to stay. Last time I tried, someone gave me gold.

You'll get your wish this time though.
You came into this vidya forum saying you were gonna kys.

You didn't

You changed your username

You got somewhat better

But then you kept doing this and that's ok

Dlj13kKX4AA9bOY.jpg

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Was not aware of Shantae's history. I really think he should have just signed out and sorted things out for a month or two. Why request a permaban if it's not GAF that's causing the problem?

nush

Why request a permaban if it's not GAF that's causing the problem?

Because the other option is to look in the mirror. I worked out why he changed his avatar, it's so he can still post on his other forums that will still give him a hugbox and if anyone finds his account here he has plausible deniability that it's not the same person due to "Shantae" being a brand just like Sonic. It could be anyone!

Jooxed

Gold Member
Because the other option is to look in the mirror. I worked out why he changed his avatar, it's so he can still post on his other forums that will still give him a hugbox and if anyone finds his account here he has plausible deniability that it's not the same person due to "Shantae" being a brand just like Sonic. It could be anyone!

it wouldn’t be hard to figure out he talks about the same shit

0qu8Zi4.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad about Dude Abides. Always sucks to see long-term members go, but he did seem to be here just to be contrarian and insulting to other members in recent times. Oh well.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
His post in the woke women preferring to date white men thread pissed me right off. Largely because I know it’s a true thing from my own personal experience. Woke women want that white meat.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Never understood why people request perms.

Just log out and take a break. Is it an addiction or something?
Someone shared a photo earlier indicating that he's also on Reset with the same AV (prior to him changing it today). I'm referring to Shantae. He's a nice guy but I remember him posting thing that indicated he was having problems with his personal life. What I don't understand is how someone suffering from lock-down anxiety, depression, etc -- can not understand that ResetEra is only going to make you feel worse. At least people here can ask for a ban. Over there, history shows that you can get banned just for signing on.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

It really can be. I'll admit I have to catch myself sometimes and stop refreshing for no real reason. It just depends on the person and their personalitity traits.

For many this place is a voice and a lot of their social interaction. Without it, they aren't talking to many people.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

99% of people who want to leave a site: Log off and don't visit. Gets to a point you don't even remember your password anymore.

1% of people: LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I'm such an attention whore that even when I'm leaving I have to make sure people know so it's boosts my confidence even if it comes from random faceless users on a message board.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
99% of people who want to leave a site: Log off and don't visit. Gets to a point you don't even remember your password anymore.

1% of people: LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I'm such an attention whore that even when I'm leaving I have to make sure people know so it's boosts my confidence even if it comes from random faceless users on a message board.
It's not that simple. I've had to take time away to deal with some personal stuff and needed to request a perm because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from checking GAF. Sure I could log off, but I'd still be able to view threads and I didn't need that kind of distraction. Some people may look at that kind of request and think it's a pathetic attempt at getting attention or pity, and maybe in some cases it is, but more often than not there's more to the story.

Last edited:

nush

Sure I could log off, but I'd still be able to view threads and I didn't need that kind of distraction.

So you DO have self control not to log out of the forum when you are banned so you cant see it. But not clicking the bookmark is far far too much temptation?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

So you DO have self control not to log out of the forum when you are banned so you cant see it. But not clicking the bookmark is far far too much temptation?

GAF has become far too big a part of my daily routine, as sad as that sounds. The only way I can log out when banned is to clear my cache, and that would log me out of things that I can no longer recover, so a temp ban would be the best option for me. Sorry if that offends you, Nush

Last edited:

nush

Two types,

1. I'm losing an argument or can't get my own way, so I threaten to flounce off a forum so I hopefully get loads of people begging me not to go and dogpile the person I'm arguing with.

2. I need validation, "I'm thinking about leaving" waits for that hugbox begging them not to go. Rinse and repeat every so often.

Chunk touches himself everytime he reads he's missed. Make no mistake, he's still reading.

nush

GAF has become far too big a part of my daily routine, as sad as that sounds. The only way I can log out when banned is to clear my cache, and that would log me out of things that I can no longer recover, so a temp ban would be the best option for me. Sorry if that offends you, Nush

Why would I be offended? Your manipulation of my analysis that it's a ME problem not a you issue just backs up my point. I'm sorry you have the only browser in existence without an incognito/private mode.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Two types,

1. I'm losing an argument or can't get my own way, so I threaten to flounce off a forum so I hopefully get loads of people begging me not to go and dogpile the person I'm arguing with.

2. I need validation, "I'm thinking about leaving" waits for that hugbox begging them not to go. Rinse and repeat every so often.

Chunk touches himself everytime he reads he's missed. Make no mistake, he's still reading.

Chunk actually did it right, though. Right or wrong, he just said, 'okay', and left. He didn't make a big ban thing out of it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of the post.

I'd add in that there's a third category. People without self-control. Granted, I've been tempted to ask, myself, but what's better, getting a mod to help you out, who won't always be there when you get addicted to something, or learning to exercise some helpful self-control in general?

nush

I'd add in that there's a third category. People without self-control. Granted, I've been tempted to ask, myself, but what's better, getting a mod to help you out, who won't always be there when you get addicted to something, or learning to exercise some helpful self-control in general?

New GAF has to be ground zero for these people because I've never in all my internetting years seen this many people so often (Excluding account suicides) need forum mods to babysit them for their own lack of self control.

Do you honestly think these same people are asking reddit/youtube/facebook for the same temp bans and expecting to be accommodated?

-Arcadia-

Banned
New GAF has to be ground zero for these people because I've never in all my internetting years seen this many people so often (Excluding account suicides) need forum mods to babysit them for their own lack of self control.

Do you honestly think these same people are asking reddit/youtube/facebook for the same temp bans and expecting to be accommodated?

I think it's more in line with the thinking of, give someone a figurative crutch, unnecessarily, and they'll use it and become dependent on it, to their own detriment.

-Arcadia-

Banned
These are definitely the primary reasons, though.

It's especially obvious for the one-time Reeturners that demand a ban... despite the fact that their history will still be here, they weren't posting anyway, and literally nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom