• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 3.0 Feature Update

Pallas

Strange it's working fine on my Safari.

It may just be me? I tried to take a few screenshots.

When I try to click on Settings ...
2zrgjyd.jpg

This happens.
sdi54m.jpg

I’ll probably just use a different browser.

I'm guessing the old bookmarks format wasn't compatible with the new one, because it seems all my bookmarks are gone. That seems to be the only negative I can find in an update full of positive.

As always, great job, everyone. Much thanks. :messenger_darts:

Last edited:
I also noticed that older posts before the update don't show their "likes" anymore.

Indeed, I guess these couldn't be recovered when switching to the reaction system. I can live with it considering the nice features we got, but it's still a bit sad to see those hard earned likes just vanish ;)

Last edited:
I just noticed that on the "classic dark theme" reactions are on the far left side instead on the right side under the like button as it used to be.
Can this be fixed, pretty please?

2372334-bigthumbnail.jpg

Aside from just being on the left side, they also now seem to be in a quote box for some reason. Maybe it just wouldn't work any other way.

nkarafo

Aside from just being on the left side, they also now seem to be in a quote box for some reason. Maybe it just wouldn't work any other way.
Yeah, it makes the page look too crowded with lines and boxes. At least on PC, haven't checked how it looks on mobile.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Great update! This is probably my phone, but none of the editing features work.

Dont know why my phone does this :(

no spoilers, italics, bold buttons working for me.

Last edited:

bati

Are new reaction emojis desktop only? I only have like option in Chrome on Android.

Edit: nvm, didn't realize you have to hold the button.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I would like to ask something...if isn't much of trouple, why the notifications are absent in the mobile version of the Classic Dark Theme?

Nymphae

Banned
Cool. Wish the Top Navigation icons thing applied to the classic theme as well. And I like that the only "dislike" option appears to be "triggered" lol.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
There has been a lot of hard work gone into this by Palliasso Palliasso and Gromph Gromph , and while the immediate features are all really nice, it's really the platform update now where we can push ahead with the really cool stuff going forward 😎 The folks are resting up after applying this update so I'll go through and create a shortlist or tag them on the more pertinent stuff, or maybe just copy the posts into the mod forums for feedback.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
In the old version my own posts within a thread used to be highlighted in light blue. Can that be brought back? I don’t see it now on iPhone.

Viliger

So, just like, ignore it man.
It makes the page longer, by quite a lot. That's the main issue. And likewhoring where people post the most basic and easiest opinion in the first post to get likes, but there is nothing to be done about that without completely removing them.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
And likewhoring where people post the most basic and easiest opinion in the first post to get likes, but there is nothing to be done about that without completely removing them.
Remember OldGAF? Remember when those idiots would race to get the first post in a thread and make a one-liner? Remember how OldGAF didn’t have a like system?

Exactly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I can’t click the settings icon on the sidebar.
It’s at the bottom of the screen and clicking it brings up a safari menu.

Latest IOS and iPhone XR.

iconmaster

Banned
Very nice, thank you for your hard work. I like the newer look!

Edit: I notice in the Safari browser that when you click the upper left icon to open up the options, the very bottom is obstructed by the bottom of the browser. Sorry if it’s already been mentioned.

Don’t want to make this the bug reporting thread, but yeah: on X iPhones at least. The settings button falls below the home bar area. You can see it but not touch it.

New image tools are an excellent addition! I’ve been wanting a way to enforce image width for months.

This is awesome. the asshole in me almost wants to make a thread on Resetera about how great these new features are here just to watch them go off on a shit show for the next few hours there. Great job guys. Love the commitment and love that's gone into this site.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We are going through everyone's feedback and will be working to resolve everyone's issues with the new update. Thanks for your patience!

In the old version my own posts within a thread used to be highlighted in light blue. Can that be brought back? I don’t see it now on iPhone.

This bug should be fixed now.

Top Bottom