• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0.0.1 Update: A Space Odyssey

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Another update pushed to Modern (thanks to Palliasso Palliasso 's continued efforts), cleaning up the thread list. Modern themes will now only display your avatar in a little overlay on top of the traditional icon when you've posted in the thread yourself. Should improve readability. :lollipop_kissing_smiling:

Let us know what you think!

greyshark

Another update pushed to Modern (thanks to Palliasso Palliasso 's continued efforts), cleaning up the thread list. Modern themes will now only display your avatar in a little overlay on top of the traditional icon when you've posted in the thread yourself. Should improve readability. :lollipop_kissing_smiling:

Let us know what you think!

How do you see the topic creator on mobile?

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Another update:
  • Avatars are now square by default
  • Users can choose how they would like avatars displayed on their settings page. Options are
    • Default (Square)
    • Round
    • No Avatars
Please note: changing your avatar display settings will only customize your individual display settings. We recommend that ideally your have an avatar with a central point of focus as to optimize it's display for both square and round avatar setting users. Users browsing GAF at work can select "No Avatars" to no longer be embarrassed to be seen having an exchange with a user who has chosen an anime avatar. Users who browse GAF on limited metered connections can also use this setting to save bandwidth.

These changes are live now in both the Classic and Modern themes.

Aranea

You guys are awesome really. My only complaint was the round avatars. Well now that got fixed and i went to the modern theme. Again thanks for listening to our feedback. :messenger_grinning:

Airola

I had just gotten used to seeing the avatars of the OPs in thread lists and actually felt it was helpful in quickly finding interesting threads by a certain user and now they are gone :messenger_loudly_crying:

Arren

I had not browsed NeoGAF for quite a while and just wow, the new UI is definitely impressive from both a graphical and functional standpoint. Love how responsive and easy on the eyes it looks.

Giolon

Is there any chance for the side bar and search bar to adopt the same color scheme as the currently chosen theme? I really dislike that they stay dark while the light theme is enabled.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Is there any chance for the side bar and search bar to adopt the same color scheme as the currently chosen theme? I really dislike that they stay dark while the light theme is enabled.

I would like that too. Maybe even the top bar. I prefer my UI to be bright and cheerful. The Dark is harder to read for me.

isual

hey, so since you guys have a new site and all, can you help unban a perm on a friend of mine ? he hasn't been here in years.

Kaby

Banned
I've found a bug with PC user agent on the resolution lower than 1920x1080

E.G. I have 1680x1050 and horizontal scrolling...

eot

Banned
I went back to the classic theme because it works better for me. Any word on how long that will remain an option?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I went back to the classic theme because it works better for me. Any word on how long that will remain an option?

We have data on usage of both Classic and Modern theme options, and they have different strengths at the moment and both are widely utilized by the community. It's an additional workload to maintain both to a high standard with all our feature updates and whatnot, but we have no plans to discontinue Classic. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
My name being split makes me cry :'(

And the avatar preview top right is squished

3edb1e98ca29bf0a7b2e39f033c0df3e.png

gioGAF

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I'm not seeing the thread starter info name, last poster name and time etc. All I get is the thread title (on Firefox btw). Where can I adjust this preference / fix my issue?

Kaby

Banned
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I'm not seeing the thread starter info name, last poster name and time etc. All I get is the thread title (on Firefox btw). Where can I adjust this preference / fix my issue?
I think it has been removed from templates in this specific "modern" theme....

Helios

That happens if your browser is zoomed in.

I think it has been removed from templates in this specific "modern" theme....
That happens if your browser is zoomed in.

Yep, that also happens to me, so I just stick with the classic dark theme.

Top Bottom