• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEO: The World Ends with You | Final Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to the Final Trailer for NEO: The World Ends with You! Sit back and learn about the district of Shibuya, the unique and colourful cast of team-mates, Reapers, and foes you'll come across on your travels, and the stylish and fast-paced combat that awaits you.

On June 25*, you can play the free demo and start your adventure in NEO: The World Ends with You! Be ready when the full game drops on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on July 27, 2021!

Meet Rindo and Fret, as they fight to change their fate. Collect and develop your powerful psychic pins and be one of the first to experience the frenetic combat against the mysterious Noise.
Your progress in the demo will transfer to the full game for those who purchase NEO: The World Ends with You on the same platform.

*Demo available on June 25th at the following times:
10 AM PDT / 1 PM EDT / 6 PM BST / 7 PM CEST

The visual and auditory elements feel really saturated and in your face. I know that's the Japanese style but it's just headache inducing for this old man. Wonder if my daughter would get into such a game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the first 32 minutes of NEO: The World Ends With You Demo Gameplay. The demo is out now for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, and progress carries over to the full game.

The original The World Ends With You was a surprise hit on Nintendo DS, and the sequel also takes place in Tokyo's fashion district, Shibuya. Earn pins, recruit new characters, and follow the story of the Reaper's game. Without a touchscreen, combat has changed in "NEO TWEWY." Each character is assigned to a face button, and you must manage ability switching and cooldowns to deal the maximum damage to your opponent.

Last edited:

fallingdove

This title has to have the lowest hype level of all time. With an 82% open critic average and a decent demo I thought for sure that it would be more than a blip on the GAF radar.

SinDelta

I've heard really good stuff about NEO. Like along the lines it is an actual worthy follow up to one of the best games ever made.

Last edited:

Yamisan

Never heard of the game before except for a few ads on the ps5 store. Tried the demo last night, bought it before even finishing the demo.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I enjoyed fist game on DS but I wish NEO didn't come out same day as Great Ace Attorney. As much as I enjoyed TWEWY, I'm bigger fan of Ace Attorney series.

Fbh

I still don't get the main character design. All I can see is:
SP-PS-CD-ViacomCBS-SouthPark-HoodedSweatshirt-Printful-image05_800x.jpg

This title has to have the lowest hype level of all time. With an 82% open critic average and a decent demo I thought for sure that it would be more than a blip on the GAF radar.

Honestly, it just took them too long.
I would have been into this 10 years ago when the OG game was still fresh in my mind and I was still into this generic shonen anime style

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I wasn't feeling the demo. . .until I figured out the combat system. It is a pretty good game and there's quite a bit going on mechanic wise. Never played the first game so am thinking about checking that out now as apparently there are callbacks. Already halfway through "the week" and so I'm assuming there are going to be some wrinkles further spicing things up.

. . .also the OST is pretty fantastic.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is this a reimagining or a sequel?

Not a fan of how it looks though... I don't mind cartoony/anime art styles, in fact I love it when it's done well, but this is not a good example of it to me. Genshin Impact (a game I think is awful in most ways) did it much better.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It is a new game. And the art style I think works for the kind of vibe the game is giving off. Very stylized.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

NEO TWEWY is an eccentric action-RPG with an endearing youthful attitude, though its narrative lulls can obstruct its best moments.

Michael enjoys his wild RPGs and felt like a cool teen again revisiting the world of TWEWY 13 years later. He spent about 40 hours with NEO TWEWY on Nintendo Switch to finish its main story and a handful of side quests, bouncing between Normal and Hard difficulty. Review code was provided by Square Enix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom