• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann: "There are games that are just comfort food. This is not one of those"

Wonder if Ellie will get branded a white mass murderer like Nathan Drake did a few years back, or nah!?
what does this even mean other than to imply people cough era cough made out drake was some mass murder because he was white which isn’t true in the slightest.

everyone has always joked that drake is a mass murder, not once have I seen white in front of it.

keep reaching.

what does this even mean other than to imply people cough era cough made out drake was some mass murder because he was white which isn’t true in the slightest.

everyone has always joked that drake is a mass murder, not once have I seen white in front of it.

keep reaching.
Cry more

REE Machine

Banned
Read his interview. It's full of "I'll teach those bastards a lesson" bullshit talk.

This excerpt is the one of the most pretentious ever:

"So if you somehow have a problem with that, well, then that sucks, but the story's gonna win for us. It's ironic or maybe sad - I think that people will benefit the most from this kind of story are the ones that are yelling the loudest right now, but I hope there's enough in the game to draw them in and just normalize stuff that is normal. It is part of our society and it is part of owning up to an interesting nuanced character.

He is clearly using the game as a vehicle to "normalize stuff", make it "acceptable" - he is clear that art is second to message here. Also, "people will benefit from the game" - in what way? Who does he think he is? He wants to "educate" people through a game? The pretentiousness is baffling. Dude thinks he is diversity messiah.

Also this:

"Getting better diversity gives us better story, gives us fresher perspectives on conflict. And I hope once they play the game, they'll realize it. "

Says who? I mean... Yakuza begs to differ. No diversity whatsoever and it is a great story. Total bullshit statement.

I think I'll retire myself from this conversation as I'm not even a fan of the first game, I just think Neil is insufferable and wanted to voice my opinion about what he said.

The only thing I really love about the first game is Gustavo Santaolalla's STELLAR soundtrack.
I think thats the beauty of games and content is that we can step outside ourselves and be exposed to different ideas and perspectives if we are mature enough to actually endure it, problem is you have babies who dont want any sort of change because it is against a variety of things they believe or just dont want to.
The story itself can benefit people because its an experiemce of point of view you havent experienced before, thats the beauty of movies and games is that we are in a safe place where we can experince these perspectives without enduring violence, hate, bigotry etc.

creative freedom is a hell of a thing and id rather have someone make something they love, than something they hate that appeals to more people.

oagboghi2

I think thats the beauty of games and content is that we can step outside ourselves and be exposed to different ideas and perspectives if we are mature enough to actually endure it, problem is you have babies who dont want any sort of change because it is against a variety of things they believe or just dont want to.
The story itself can benefit people because its an experiemce of point of view you havent experienced before, thats the beauty of movies and games is that we are in a safe place where we can experince these perspectives without enduring violence, hate, bigotry etc.

creative freedom is a hell of a thing and id rather have someone make something they love, than something they hate that appeals to more people.
That's great. I'll wait for it to be 20 bucks used to receive the benefits of Naughty Dogs lecturing. The pretentious is off the scale 😂🙄

Other studios are focused on making good game first, but Naughty Dog is above that apparently

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
That's great. I'll wait for it to be 20 bucks used to receive the benefits of Naughty Dogs lecturing.

Other studios are focused on making good game first
So if the gameplay is as great as previews say that they refined it alot from the first, gets amazing reviews and breaks records its not a good game? lmao jesus people will always find an excuse

Last edited:
Top Bottom