• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann: The Last of Us 2 Multiplayer Will Be Worth the Wait

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
play 18 holes with your favourite masculine female in an action adventure that you will like or you are a filthy sexist pig

3ninnbg.jpg
too soon

MrFunSocks

Banned
Microtrans.

And LoU MP has a barge load of them.
Naughty Dog always got a free pass for their insanely over the top microtransaction riddled MP for some reason. Uncharted 3 and TLOU were 2 of the absolute worst in terms of microtransactions.

Also can't wait for Spencer to say that this next E3 will be the best lineup of games ever and for people here to believe it lol. I don't know how many more times I need to say it - DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTHS OF PR SPOKESMEN!

Last edited:

ramuh

First of all, probably the most fun I ever had in a MP game. But got damn was it a POS to include PTW microtransactions in that game.

Me and my buds had so much fun with TLOU MP.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Till this day I'm still puzzled as to why that is not the default with M rated titles with guns.
I imagine it's really hard to do. Not all games need gore but the enemy model damage has been piss poor the whole gen and I really hope such systems becomes standard in those that do

Business

Great multiplayer the last game had, but had PTW weapons.

This is simply not true. The sniper rifle, the semi-auto and the bow were the best weapons in the game and these were stock weapons. You could see that on high level play or really any person that has spent a few hundred hours in the game should agree.

Last edited:

zkorejo

Just let me know if it's a stand alone or if I need the game. I want to sell it but I feel like the day I sell it the mp will be announced.

mitch1971

ND's 'worth the wait' is very different from mine after they pumped out some pointless LP's and art on twitter.

JimiNutz

Banned
The lack of multiplayer/multiplayer news has really killed my hype for The Last of Us 2.

I played through it once, thought it was pretty awesome (outside of some questionable narrative choices) but haven't really picked it up since and don't have the urge to at all.

If I knew that the multiplayer was on the way soon I think I'd still be hyped for the game and maybe I'd even play through the single player again to keep me ticking over but the lack of news is shitty.

If they haven't got anything substantial to say about the game or show off then I can only assume it's still a really long way off.
Waiting that long to release the MP is a mistake in my opinion.

INC

I best be able to non binary bag people, not sure what that would look like, but I'm sure neil's thought about this

VulcanRaven

I just hope it will not the PS5 exclusive. I have a feeling that the remaster will cost 20 dollars like Spider-Man.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This is a bigger deal than people realize.

If this multiplayer game is the next big thing, it neutralizes most of Microsoft's studio advantage.

Probably easier said than done though.

HTK

Banned
Original TLOU Factions was great, but they ruined it with DLC. I loved the aspect of looting for items to craft Molotovs, grenades, mines etc... it made people actually move around the map if you want to have better items. So in a situation, someone is camping you can loot those items and easily clear out campers.

I only played SURVIVOR mode, I'm not into respawn modes.

I think the same guy that always ruins Uncharted MP games is the one that ruined TLOU Factions over time and if that dude is behind Factions 2 I'll be disappointed.

Shmunter

Probably my most anticipated multiplayer. Only thing that is unique enough and quality enough to entice out of the usual big hitters like COD.

Saber

Gold Member
People were expecting what? That Neil says its not worth the wait? Lol

Yup, not related to the "exciting news" failure from the last time.

Woggleman

I would rather have a story based DLC because I am not a MP kind of guy at all but if factions is great maybe it will get the outrage squad off of their back.

Alebrije

The first tlou multiplayer was meh

Wrong , it is not a COD clone for good. Still has a big userbase.

Its a good multiplayer and unique where strategy and the use of tools are more important than the weapons.

ND should just add new maps , weapons and characters to current multiplayer and would be great.

Last edited:
Very hopeful for TLOU2 MP, but am of the mind that it won't work unless it diversifies its platform support. GaaS - and the allure of profitability - is best realized by reaching the broadest playerbase possible and as much as Sony is against the idea, they need the users on Xbox and PC to make it stick.

jaysius

Banned
Sweet fuck, how much money are they going to expect for this?

They'll need to do a standalone too, considering how many people have already traded in TLOU 2 or haven't bought it.

You can tell the people in the thread that never played Factions, and also the ones with terrible taste in general. I prescribe an Xbox and a copy of the original Gears of War.

Last edited:
Top Bottom