• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Neil Druckmann promoted to Co-President of Naughty Dog, Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling to VP

ethomaz

is mad because DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
He already said he will keep writing and directing. But with any luck it will reduce the amount of time he can dedicate to that.

Hopefully if we get another 2-3 ND games this gen he is only in charge of 1 of them. I'd love to see the team behind The Lost Legacy get to work on a larger project, as that one was easily the best ND game this gen (at least IMO).
Neil was the Head of narrative development in LL.
That is why you liked it ;)

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
The only great game on that list is Ghosts.

Sekiro came out last year, if you think TLoU2 outshines that you're nuts.
Bet that if TLOU came out last year it would have washed Sekiro in the awards category.

the only games I could see it struggling against are:
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk (maybe)
God of War
Breath of the Wild

Reactions: Dorohedoro

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Neil was the Head of narrative development in LL.
That is why you liked it ;)

I liked it much more than UC4 and TLOU2 because I thought it did a great job at balancing the different aspects of the experience (shootouts, walking and talking, cutscenes, exploration, puzzles and big setpiece moments) with good pacing that kept me engaged all the way through.

If Niel was responsible for that then cool. But it would make me wonder why the other 2 games, in which he had a bigger role, suffer from terrible pacing and a badly balanced gameplay loop where you spend too much time doing boring stuff.

Dorohedoro

Jul 15, 2020
Bet that if TLOU came out last year it would have washed Sekiro in the awards category.

the only games I could see it struggling against are:
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk (maybe)
God of War
Breath of the Wild
I think it would beat Sekiwho no question, as well as God of Snore. Looks like it'd be biting off more than it can chew with TW3. BoTW, yawn... but yeah I guess it'd be very hard to beat a Nintendo darling.

Sub Boss

Mar 6, 2013
Yikes, first he replaced and pushed the far more talented Amy Hennig out of Naughty Dog now Druckmann becomes president

on the other hand i guess there isn't any better option so congrats?🤷‍♂️ 👍
That is not good imo.

I like his work in games.

To be fair the best games from ND have his involvement.... Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, The Last of Us 2, etc.
Two of those were Amy

Last edited:
Reactions: zkorejo

Sub Boss

Mar 6, 2013
Uh oh, a MAN got promoted too?

He better commit seppuku to atone for his sins of being a dreaded CIS MALE in a position of power!

Why didn't he allow more women or a trans person the opportunity instead??
You joke but Amy Hennig created Uncharted and should be up there with Druckmann at the very least, instead she was pushed away from Naughty Dog to be forgotten in mobile hell
🥺

Last edited:
Reactions: zkorejo