• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Neil Druckmann promoted to Co-President of Naughty Dog, Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling to VP

Elios83

Jun 30, 2004
Does this mean that if he's now co-president he won't be able to do the game director anymore?

Bartski

Jan 15, 2020
Katowice
Thanks to the die hard woke-sniping gaffers for pointing out that hight profile promotions in corporations are not given to leaders for bringing results (commonly referred to as money) but to those more capable at pushing The Agenda, making horrible products everyone hates in the name of it so that some money can finally be spent on bribing reviewers and random people to pretend they like the game and vote in polls like VGAs and other irrelevant awards shows. So the head homo propagandist Cuckmann now directly reports to Hulst who reports to Ryan who we all know secretly reports to Sarkesian, no more straight male protagonists this gen confirmed

Topher70

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Thanks to the die hard woke-sniping gaffers for pointing out that hight profile promotions in corporations are not given to leaders for bringing results (commonly referred to as money) but to those more capable at pushing The Agenda, making horrible products everyone hates in the name of it so that some money can finally be spent on bribing reviewers and random people to pretend they like the game and vote in polls like VGAs and other irrelevant awards shows. So the head homo propagandist Cuckmann now directly reports to Hulst who reports to Ryan who we all know secretly reports to Sarkesian, no more straight male protagonists this gen confirmed

So.....how did you like TLOU 2? Pretty good, right?

KingT731

Jan 9, 2018
The game having a very positive reviews on the PlayStation is like asking a arsenal fan club which football team is the best.

If I am so stupid, then tell me why the first game didn't get bombed. Only because of a tranny? Please.
Outer Worlds is a world with only Abby tranny types, lesbians and gender bendering, yet it has a 7. 3 user score.

Having to attack me like that just shows how weak your own arguments are.

Heck, I bought a PS4 only for one game, and that was tlou, and I will never buy the sequel cus ifs so shit. That says something when an "idiot"like me only buys a console for one game, and doesn't bother buying the sequel.

But does it matter though? Instead of being this angry over not everyone liking the game, just slam the game into your system and relax to Abbys chill bro moment with his friend.
This legit happened though. Metacritic changed their policy shortly after.

The_Mike

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
This legit happened though. Metacritic changed their policy shortly after.

Yeah because Sony contacted them and they are apparently in a position where they can literally do what they want in this business.

So many games has been bombed all for years. Cod, other popular franchises, yet the negative reviews were only seen as fake here. You couldn't even put a negative review for some time.

I doubt we'll see this for non Sony games. Otherwise it would have happen a long time ago.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Feb 27, 2020
I think ND promotes people in their position label but they all keep working on games, Neil was vice president while working on the last of us 2. I think he is very talented and will support his next game. I think creative people do no aspire to get a management role, they just want to create.

The hate he receives is hilarious and disgusting people can get offended easily and become very bitter about something as trivial as videogames. It is a shame to attack someone just because you do not agree with his point of view.

Topher70

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Yeah because Sony contacted them and they are apparently in a position where they can literally do what they want in this business.

So many games has been bombed all for years. Cod, other popular franchises, yet the negative reviews were only seen as fake here. You couldn't even put a negative review for some time.

I doubt we'll see this for non Sony games. Otherwise it would have happen a long time ago.

The review bombing for TLOU 2 was extreme though. I don't think that is deniable. Same with the fake reviews. Thousands of negative review the day it released? Those were simply not legitimate reviews.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: PharaoTutAnchAmun

namekuseijin

Nintendo is for soys and kids. But my tears about them are for men.
Jun 10, 2020
I'm glad I bought Facebook's Oculus Quest 2 in place of PS5

Ricky_Bee

Banned
Oct 14, 2020
The hate he receives is hilarious and disgusting people can get offended easily and become very bitter about something as trivial as videogames. It is a shame to attack someone just because you do not agree with his point of view.

The dude has systematically trodden on everyone who has stood in his way. That... chick who wrote uncharted. His co writer. Essentially... everyone who likes video games even.

I guess it’s admirable. He clearly plays the game of thrones with great skill.

But honestly I wouldn’t say the hate he gets in unjustified. He’s *earned* it. Through hard work and dedication.

namekuseijin

Jun 10, 2020
Well you see, they can't let those "evil racist homophobes" win, so they have to give him a promotion because he stood up against this horde of deplorables and together while holding hands at the VGA Awards, racism, transphobia and all the evils in this world will be solved by Neil Druckmann. A beautiful moment for the ages, and that's why he deserves a promotion. :p

namekuseijin

Jun 10, 2020
“Look it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be, without the popes?”

and soon USA with Biden and Trump

Matsuchezz

Feb 27, 2020
Not even close. They took it way too far. The first game had the perfect balance and had several lighter moments. The second game was just miserable 100% of the time

you did not play the game at all and i can tell your so full of it. And if you played it you really have an issue with paying attention.

Apr 11, 2009
This game got bombed for a variety of reasons. One was because it killed a character that fans thought they'd be playing as again. Another is because the game made you play as the character that killed him and that she had muscles that Youtubers like The Quartering with hateful audiences didn't like. Then you had the trans character. Also before release you had these same Youtubers making it out like Abby was the trans character and so that upset a certain crowd even more because they thought a woman that was really a man killed Joel. All of this stems from the fact that just because a game didn't go the way THEY wanted they wanted to cry about it. That one particular Youtuber directed his audience to flood Metacritic with those scores and he did it every single day with another video crying about the game.

As I said most people seemed to love the game and it's only certain small crowds that keep acting like they represent all and they have nothing to go on other than a Metacritic user review score that anyone with brain cells knows not to look at. Even in some alternate universe where all of those were legit reviews that's like 100,000 out of 7+ million people who bought it. That's a tiny fraction. Get over it.
Have you just spoiled me ? I think this is bannable.

Ricky_Bee

Banned
Oct 14, 2020
The dude has systematically trodden on everyone who has stood in his way. That... chick who wrote uncharted. His co writer. Essentially... everyone who likes video games even.

But honestly I wouldn’t say the hate he gets in unjustified. He’s *earned* it. Through hard work and dedication.

(We are lucky he got in to video games and not politics. He strikes me as the kind of guy who could be a very effective dictator.

Strum soulfully on a guitar after signing the orders to send millions to the killing fields.)

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Allnamestakenlol

Hydelol

Neo Member
May 31, 2020
True but there is a difference between that and screaming woke agenda at anything remotely progressive.
There is nothing positive about being "progressive" for the sake of being progressive. It's rather the opposite.

KingT731

Jan 9, 2018

This is the thing. It wasn't even an hour after the game was available to play and it had like 35K 0 rated reviews. Even now instead of reviews of 0's they're just putting a bunch of 1's and 2's.

Am I saying that all of them were fake/troll reviews? Nope... but a large portion of the are. There is also no way on MC to see who actually played the game.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
Yeah because Uncharted games have been rated M before right? Some of you need to find something better to do with your time than come up with stupid reasons to hate on Neil and Naughty Dog.
You mean to say people don't die in PG rated content? Uncharted games had quite a few more serious scenes (especially 4). Just because no hero characters have died yet doesn't mean it's not coming.

Anyway my main point was that in my opinion Naughty Dog will be looking for a way to get rid of Nate to replace him with Cassie or some other (progressive) characters.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Sep 26, 2019
2 is my favorite. 1 was ok and 3 was good.

And i disagree. Uncharted 4 is trash. The chase sequence is one of the best things ever created in a videogame. But other than that it's a terrible uncharted.
Pacing is terrible. It's a shooter ashamed of being a shooter. Cuckmann mistakes serious tone with depth.

I dunno, its personal opinion I guess.

I loved that it had larger levels, new tools to use. Shooting mechanics and combat seemed way better than the others and the story was more than fine. U2 had better pacing but 4 was more beautiful and larger levels and the varied approach to combat that the others didnt have.

I think alot of people have hate for it because they dont like Druckman and TLOU2. And alot of peole want to see Naughty Dog Fail lol

Kokoloko85

Sep 26, 2019
Bro, take your blue glasses off for a second.

Don't you find it weird, that tlou1 was beloved by the majority, and the sequel is so split between the fan base?

Can't wait to see Druckmanns reply to this.

U4 definitely had the better shooting and combat mechanics. The larger levels and more options in each combat situation. And the extra tools for gameplay, bit more open approach.

I think people need to take there Hate glasses Off. How can anyone think U1 and U3 had better gameplay than U4 lol. U2 had better pacing and story maybe but U4 gameplay was better and deeper than the others.

Maybe because they cant seperate there hate for Druckman to actual gameplay. I hate his political views and friends but U4 was great.
Its split because of story and political views, gameplay wise its more than fine. People have a hard time separating the 2

Last edited:

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
Maybe Sony can work out a deal with Toys for Bob (Activision) to do a new Jak & Daxter? Current Naughty Dog will never do it... and they aren't able to anyway.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: The_Mike

Matsuchezz

Feb 27, 2020

Do you know that as a fact or you are just pulling alternate facts from you ass? You do not even know the names of the people that were "trodden" by him and you try to pull that as a fact.
It seems to me you have seen too much re runs of GoT. Fiction

People feel so entitled these days that act like little bitches, that is a fact.
Every creator put their world view into what they create and Druckmann did, unless the product is geared towards the dumb masses where everything is sugarcoated so noone gets offended.
The world has changed a lot since i was a kid, and a lot of content that is depicted in The last of US 2 is based in current reality, it is not based on the reality that a lot of people experienced 20 years ago, I did not feel any political agenda was pushed, it is just real people depicted, real people that makes dumb decisions and passionate ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartski

Majormaxxx

Neo Member
Aug 1, 2020
Congrats to Neil. Game play and graphics in the ps4 Era have been spectacular. Pacing, fun (people replayed the original uncharted trilogy 5-10 times, while many people wouldn't play u4 a second time) and storytelling have suffered but maybe with ps5 the pendulum will swing back to the center. Looking forward to games that would make me want to replay them immediately like the original trilogy.

Mar 3, 2020
Uh oh, a MAN got promoted too?

He better commit seppuku to atone for his sins of being a dreaded CIS MALE in a position of power!

Why didn't he allow more women or a trans person the opportunity instead??

Wasn't it him who forced out the original female writer for the last Uncharted?

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
The general public is not exactly renowned for its good taste or exacting standards, so I'm not too bothered by this. The competition this year was weak (Ghost of Tsushima's narrative is if anything even worse than TLoU2's, for all that game's technical and artistic brilliance, and the only other plausible contender is Animal Crossing). In a few years' time nobody will consider TLoU2 a great game, unlike TLoU1.
Bull-fucking-shit another excuse for the book. This year in gaming was strong as hell.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018
Bull-fucking-shit another excuse for the book. This year in gaming was strong as hell.

It would have been with Cyberpunk, but as it stands Ghost of Tsushima is the only real contender (well, and Animal Crossing). I think GoTs is a better game than TLoU2 overall on the strength of its gameplay and art direction, but it does have an even worse story.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
U4 definitely had the better shooting and combat mechanics. The larger levels and more options in each combat situation. And the extra tools for gameplay, bit more open approach.

I think people need to take there Hate glasses Off. How can anyone think U1 and U3 had better gameplay than U4 lol. U2 had better pacing and story maybe but U4 gameplay was better and deeper than the others.

Maybe because they cant seperate there hate for Druckman to actual gameplay. I hate his political views and friends but U4 was great.
Its split because of story and political views, gameplay wise its more than fine. People have a hard time separating the 2

I referred to TLoU2, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
I didn't personally play uncharted 4,but from gameplay vid that game just isn't for me. I'm not much into classical Sony cinematic experience, but I don't say thats bad, it's just not for me.

As said previously, I bought a PS4 only for tlou1 which I actually enjoyed despite never completing it (I'm bad at completing SP games as I'm more to online), but I will never, ever support games with this sort or political agenda.

My 60 dollars doesn't affect ND one bit, but its about my guilty conscience I don't want to support political driven games.
Fsr cry 5 in redneck USA made me disgusted by Ubisoft. It felt like an Anti trump Simulator.
This thread is fun to read. :D

I'm always wondering if the devs at ND actually has teeth or ever seen how they work.

Why does the teeth in the lower jaw get replaced with popcorn? Look how they slide with pure blackness?

Reactions: Kokoloko85

VulcanRaven

Jan 7, 2018
I'm always wondering if the devs at ND actually has teeth or ever seen how they work.

Why does the teeth in the lower jaw get replaced with popcorn? Look how they slide with pure blackness?
That gif is not from the game so I don't think they put much effort in making it.

xxxKarma

Jan 26, 2018
Alien
Dude! I don't care for Neil, congrats to him.
But what caught my attention is the bloated mess of charges these gaming companies can have.

CEOs, Presidents, Vicepresidents, co-presidents, co-vice. All while each ranks is occupied by 2 people each, damn!

No wonder they'll charge you €80 per game and cry they cannot keep the prices.

Dr.Morris79

Nov 19, 2018
Essex
Dude! I don't care for Neil, congrats to him.
But what caught my attention is the bloated mess of charges these gaming companies can have.

CEOs, Presidents, Vicepresidents, co-presidents, co-vice. All while each ranks is occupied by 2 people each, damn!

No wonder they'll charge you €80 per game and cry they cannot keep the prices.
Exactly my thoughts.

Kokoloko85

Sep 26, 2019
My 60 dollars doesn't affect ND one bit, but its about my guilty conscience I don't want to support political driven games.
Fsr cry 5 in redneck USA made me disgusted by Ubisoft. It felt like an Anti trump Simulator.

I get that, I dislike the whole agenda strongly. But Im gonna see how I feel about the game when I get it ( on sale lol ) when they release a 60fps version. Only played a bit and felt great. Plus I loved the original.

I feel you cant lump all Playstation SP games into one genre, its not like Ubisoft games etc. Thats the great thing about Playstation Studios , Horizon feels totally different to Death Stranding, Infamous, GOT, Spider-man, Uncharted, to Bloodborne and Demon Souls etc.

Naughty dog games mostly feel the same, but they are totally different to Insomniac games and Sucker Punch games

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
It would have been with Cyberpunk, but as it stands Ghost of Tsushima is the only real contender (well, and Animal Crossing). I think GoTs is a better game than TLoU2 overall on the strength of its gameplay and art direction, but it does have an even worse story.
Ghosts
Doom Eternal
FFVII Remake
Ori
Half Life Alyx
Hades

etc

all those games are bangers, its also a testament to how good TLOUP2 is above most of those games as well. Even if it came out last year or the year before, guarantee TLOU would still outshine it

Nov 26, 2020
Uncharted 2 is dog shit and anybody who likes it is a clown. How’s that for nuance?

Lol okay, why is it dogshit. And why is tlou (this majestic game that is no way similar)....immensely superior? Lol

Brb zombies
Brb makes me feel adult bc dark themes

That game was objectively more repitive in its encounter design too. Change my Mind

Last edited:

Vaelka

Apr 1, 2019
I referred to TLoU2, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
I didn't personally play uncharted 4,but from gameplay vid that game just isn't for me. I'm not much into classical Sony cinematic experience, but I don't say thats bad, it's just not for me.

As said previously, I bought a PS4 only for tlou1 which I actually enjoyed despite never completing it (I'm bad at completing SP games as I'm more to online), but I will never, ever support games with this sort or political agenda.

The popcorn don't even get chewed, it's just uncanny valley territory xD..

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Does this mean that if he's now co-president he won't be able to do the game director anymore?

He already said he will keep writing and directing. But with any luck it will reduce the amount of time he can dedicate to that.

Hopefully if we get another 2-3 ND games this gen he is only in charge of 1 of them. I'd love to see the team behind The Lost Legacy get to work on a larger project, as that one was easily the best ND game this gen (at least IMO).

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
He already said he will keep writing and directing. But with any luck it will reduce the amount of time he can dedicate to that.

Hopefully if we get another 2-3 ND games this gen he is only in charge of 1 of them. I'd love to see the team behind The Lost Legacy get to work on a larger project, as that one was easily the best ND game this gen (at least IMO).
I agree. The Lost Legacy was the best Uncharted game.

Reactions: Fbh
Nov 6, 2019
I just want a new Jak and daxter 😪
Jak is a chick now, unless they reversed it from "woke" being recognized for it's downward trending returns. ND has a pretty weak deck that's built from the beliefs of anti-gamer, Anita X and probably a small gathering of the other Stygian Witches. Other than spite goblins and contrarians, it's going down the path that many cannot follow. Great coders, though. I'm going to side with the Japanese on this call.

Dec 2, 2018
Ghosts
Doom Eternal
FFVII Remake
Ori
Half Life Alyx
Hades

etc

all those games are bangers, its also a testament to how good TLOUP2 is above most of those games as well. Even if it came out last year or the year before, guarantee TLOU would still outshine it

The only great game on that list is Ghosts.

Sekiro came out last year, if you think TLoU2 outshines that you're nuts.

• Triggered
Reactions: Explosive Zombie