• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Neil Druckmann promoted to Co-President of Naughty Dog, Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling to VP

J____Av

Jun 12, 2020
Imagine buying a Last of us game and being mad that is dark and depressing. It's like buying GTA and complaining that it is about crime.

Not even close. They took it way too far. The first game had the perfect balance and had several lighter moments. The second game was just miserable 100% of the time

• LOL
Reactions: ethomaz

xiskza

Nov 26, 2020

ethomaz

is mad because DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
New weapons got added behind a pay wall. The silenced combat shot gun and full auto were particularly OP and dramatically changed the flow of game - kind of killed the bow for me
I never saw that shotgun and I played over 90 hours of that shit MP.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Warablo

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
Nah, Cyberpunk isn't pretending to be on a superior plane in terms of morality, so it doesn't count.

Nah, people hate it because it has unlikeable characters, a meandering boring plot, a bad story that makes previous characters act stupid. aside from the SJW virtue signaling and activist approved character design. But that's something that has been discussed ad naseum.

The point is, the regular media will award a game like this with everything under the sun, since it has some stunning and brave characters in it. It's mutual affirmation of how virtuous both the developers and the media are. They can't afford to not give it Game Of The Year, it has had too much "suffering" by "internet trolls and homophobes", so the creators positioned the game perfectly as a poor victim.
The GOTY are from the public.

The game is really amazing... most games need to reach that level.

That controversy and so how some call politic part is only in your head.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: MagnesG

MagnesG

Apr 20, 2019
TLOU2 swept the Golden Joystick which was fan voted so your conspiracy theory is void.
Fan voted with like 40k views on Twitch, 10k views on YT. Guess how many people voted then, probably amounts to the whole population of woke retards on twitter raging about everything going wrong with their life. Even their sexes are wrong lmao.
Free ebook for every voters btw. Shit's hilarious, the award is a fucking joke.

• LOL
Reactions: ethomaz
Dec 2, 2018
The definitive TLoU2 review is, of course, from matthewmatosis, who specializes in definitive reviews of mediocre followups to masterpieces:

Dorohedoro

Jul 15, 2020
I really don't think its the minority. No one is a bigger fan of ND games than me, and I was disappointed with the choices they made in TLOU 2. Pretty much every ND fan I know was disappointed. Yes it sold well (likely will be well bellow Uncharted 4 and TLOU 1 though) but it undeniably pissed off a large part of their fan base. Most pissed off ND fans are not even made about the "SJW" shit. Its more they took it way too dark and depressing while trying way too hard to be gaming's GRRM. Forcing the players to be Abby for half the game was a dumb choice. Druckmann has a massive ego. I would like to see Bruce back, since I think he balanced Druckmann out and kept him from going overboard

The biggest ND fan has spoken. Game sucks. Better luck next time Cuckmann.

Not even close. They took it way too far. The first game had the perfect balance and had several lighter moments. The second game was just miserable 100% of the time
No it wasn't lmao. There were plenty of lighter moments such as: Joel singing to Ellie, the snowball fight, 99% of the museum level, playing fetch with Bear/Alice, the Zebra, the farm before the PTSD trigger, the toy bow minigame, Ellie singing to Dina, picking a gift for Lev.

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil

The biggest ND fan has spoken. Game sucks. Better luck next time Cuckmann.

No it wasn't lmao. There were plenty of lighter moments such as: Joel singing to Ellie, the snowball fight, 99% of the museum level, playing fetch with Bear/Alice, the Zebra, the farm before the PTSD trigger, the toy bow minigame, Ellie singing to Dina, picking a gift for Lev.
I have the impression the biggest ND fan ever did not even play 5% of the game lol

DForce

Nov 23, 2017
If TLoU2 wins game of the year it'll be because it's tapped into America's idiotic and all-consuming culture war, not because it's a good game. In a couple years we'll look back on TLoU2's game of the year nod like we look back on that one time Crash won Best Picture at the Oscars.

Most haters on social media cannot accept the fact that people like this game.

It's been nearly a half a year and people still get very emotional because a fictional character died in a video game. That speaks more about the mental state of certain gamers. In these people's mind, they think people are giving TLOU 2 a good score because it's "woke" when the vast majority don't give two shits about it, they're too busy enjoying the game.

The same people show up on every Naughty Dog comment, thread, tweet etc. just to let people know how mad they are.

It's a video game.

Larlight

Nov 24, 2020
"the game is a masterpiece, it's the loud minority that hates it."

"Fuck the players, the game wins all the awards, its the journalists who's right."

TLoU2 got so slammed by people that Sony contacted meta critic and ordered them to remove the bad reviews. It wasn't even possible to make a bad review for a while as it was disabled and only able to vote positive reviews, yet this pile of * still has a low user score.

You mean remove the bad reviews of the game that were submitted the second user reviews were able to be submitted. The game hadn’t been out an hour and people were giving it reviews. Entire 4chan threads of people waiting to brigade it lmao. Of course those reviews were bullshit.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Sep 29, 2020
Stuck man has performed and increased sales of the games he has been a director on. Love him or hate him he has done what you want if you run the company.
I don’t think I would make him a co-president as no man can serve 2 masters but it is probably a way to keep him in the company and decide responsibilities between creative and personnel.
I’m sure there are huge incentive bonuses for sales targets as a president.

Dec 2, 2018
Most haters on social media cannot accept the fact that people like this game.

It's been nearly a half a year and people still get very emotional because a fictional character died in a video game. That speaks more about the mental state of certain gamers. In these people's mind, they think people are giving TLOU 2 a good score because it's "woke" when the vast majority don't give two shits about it, they're too busy enjoying the game.

The same people show up on every Naughty Dog comment, thread, tweet etc. just to let people know how mad they are.

It's a video game.

Where have I ever criticized the decision to kill Joel? I think killing Joel was a perfectly natural and relatively well-executed decision.

DForce

Nov 23, 2017
Where have I ever criticized the decision to kill Joel? I think killing Joel was a perfectly natural and relatively well-executed decision.
So did most of he haters believe it was a possibility.. yet many cried politics when they found out he died.

Jan 29, 2019
These are the moments I did not like, I thought there were too many of them, by the time I got to the museum I felt there was padding. But this is my biggest complaint about the game, I found the story had real issues (like, how often Ellie and Joel seems to go to Seattle--all the way to the hospital--between the two games, each on their own and they never come across any of the factions that are actively fighting over the city).

I'll probably replay it at least once to see if it still annoys me.

• LOL
Reactions: EDMIX

Amiga

Jul 8, 2020
seems ND will be Sony's tribute paid to SJWs for reputation protection.

IDK as I know to avoid them now.

May 27, 2013
These are the moments I did not like, I thought there were too many of them, by the time I got to the museum I felt there was padding. But this is my biggest complaint about the game, I found the story had real issues (like, how often Ellie and Joel seems to go to Seattle--all the way to the hospital--between the two games, each on their own and they never come across any of the factions that are actively fighting over the city).

👏

Part 2 reducing the stakes of travel is something I consider to be a legitimate criticism I don’t think I’ve ever seen brought up because people are focused on such nonsense.

Part 1 skipped huge portions of travel but we were never made to assume it was easy, where as Part 2 has a diary which is like “Ellie met some hunters on the way to seattle, 2EZ”

And it circles back to how Joel is not Batman, he the same as anyone is as fragile as glass in this universe

”It is called luck, and it is going to run out“

Last edited:

THEAP99

reposts tweets from kids about console wars
Mar 16, 2020

"Fuck the players, the game wins all the awards, its the journalists who's right."

TLoU2 got so slammed by people that Sony contacted meta critic and ordered them to remove the bad reviews. It wasn't even possible to make a bad review for a while as it was disabled and only able to vote positive reviews, yet this pile of * still has a low user score.
It's the #1 most completed AAA single player game on playstation. It also has rave consumer reviews from people who actually bought the game on PSN & amazon. Cut the shit, twerp

DForce

Nov 23, 2017

The "most haters" I mention is coming from people who are upset that Joel died.

Then you have people who cannot stop talking about politics and so called "woke" stuff in the game. People actually believe this is the reason why the game has received such high praise among journalist.

Represent.

Jun 22, 2010

Bro its the fucking apocalypse. Aint shit happy. Just like The Walking Dead its all bleak all the time. Its supposed to be DARK. No pussy ass shit.
Thank god

:messenger_relieved:
amazing

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Jul 15, 2020

I generally don't mind the walk and talk sections but it's easy to see why others might find them off-putting, especially in replays.

And I think you meant Salt Lake City? You could probably dedicate entire games to those long ass trips haha.

THEAP99

reposts tweets from kids about console wars
Mar 16, 2020
I generally don't mind the walk and talk sections but it's easy to see why others might find them off-putting, especially in replays.

And I think you meant Salt Lake City? You could probably dedicate entire games to those long ass trips haha.
Yeahh. I guess they could just put an extra 10 sec scene or two of them walking in the wilderness for good measure next time

EDMIX

Apr 5, 2018
South Florida aka Outer Haven
Bro its the fucking apocalypse. Aint shit happy. Just like The Walking Dead its all bleak all the time. Its supposed to be DARK. No pussy ass shit.

:messenger_relieved:
amazing

Exactly. I love how dark it is, thats how shit is in real life.

The same people crying that its too dark be the same people questioning that hope and humanity in the ending.

Even if they went a 100% revenge route and have folks kill certain characters at the end they'd be like

"WOOOOOW it was just hate and murder, where is da humanity and da rays of hope doe"

EDMIX

Apr 5, 2018
South Florida aka Outer Haven
Great, more woke ass bullshit. No thanks

Uncharted 5....day 1. The Last Of Us 3.....day 1. Naughty Dog new IP.....day 1. Most don't really care about any of the weird personal shit people have with members of the team or any of the dumb twitter drama or feelings regarding others views. Its just a odd way to buy or view anything.

So I don't care what they fucking believe in, who they pray to or who they voted for or if they drive a Kia Soul.....if the game is fun and of good quality, day 1.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I didn’t like TLOU2 or UC4, but I don’t doubt they are popular and sold real well. Not a surprising promotion. ND has a lot of talent in their studio. I’d like to see them try a fresh idea.

Warablo

May 15, 2013
Omg 147,000 ussr score.....how many people bought it again that liked it? Prob a hell of alot more than 147 thousand esp with its completion rate so high. If the majority of people didnt like it, they would have dropped it like a soft turd, but most completed it.
I dare say once you hit the end of the game, you gotta play another 15 hours to see the end of the game.

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Dec 23, 2019

People like you show your stupidity when you bring this up. This game had 20,000+ user scores of like 0/10 the moment that reviews went up the night it launched. None of those obviously even played the game. It was nothing but trolls and haters flooding it which takes all credibility away from it. There were Youtubers who had a problem with Abby having muscles sending their hate mobs to leave 0/10 reviews for it. So yeah when you actually have some proof that all those people played the game and hated it then you might have an argument. Until then you're as big a clown as The Quartering.

Mercenary09

Dec 23, 2019
I really don't think its the minority. No one is a bigger fan of ND games than me, and I was disappointed with the choices they made in TLOU 2. Pretty much every ND fan I know was disappointed. Yes it sold well (likely will be well bellow Uncharted 4 and TLOU 1 though) but it undeniably pissed off a large part of their fan base. Most pissed off ND fans are not even made about the "SJW" shit. Its more they took it way too dark and depressing while trying way too hard to be gaming's GRRM. Forcing the players to be Abby for half the game was a dumb choice. Druckmann has a massive ego. I would like to see Bruce back, since I think he balanced Druckmann out and kept him from going overboard
"No one is a bigger fan of ND games than me." LMAO. You didn't talk to many Naughty Dog fans if you think they were all disappointed. I've played every one of their games at launch and TLOU2 is hands down GOTY this year and one of the best of the generation.

Aug 28, 2019
"Too dark and depressing" ah, man, people really didn't follow the first TLOU did they? lol. Whatever, good news for the Druck.