• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Neil Druckmann promoted to Co-President of Naughty Dog, Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling to VP

Thicc Team Six

Master Chief
May 18, 2020

As we close out a year that has seen its challenges as we all live through a global pandemic, there have been bright moments too. One exciting moment for Naughty Dog was the long-anticipated release of The Last of Us Part II in June. Another moment comes today as we wanted to share some other terrific news about the studio.

At an all-studio meeting today, we announced some well-deserved promotions:

Neil Druckmann now joins me as Co-President of Naughty Dog, after serving almost three years as Vice President. In addition, we’re welcoming Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling as Vice Presidents of Naughty Dog. Prior to becoming Vice President, Alison served as our Director of Operations and Christian served as our Co-Director of Programming.

We have such an incredible team at Naughty Dog and being able to work alongside each and every one of them is especially meaningful these days. I feel proud of the team when I’m able to recognize their accomplishments and contributions to the studio. Please join me in giving them all a big congratulations!

ethomaz

is mad because DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
That is not good imo.

I like his work in games.

To be fair the best games from ND have his involvement.... Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, The Last of Us 2, etc.

Last edited:

Azurro

Jun 11, 2018
So Amy that made an amazing job gets thrown under the bus, and this guy that kills Naughty Dog's reputation and games gets a promotion?

It's like rewarding a dog for shitting on the carpet.

Well you see, they can't let those "evil racist homophobes" win, so they have to give him a promotion because he stood up against this horde of deplorables and together while holding hands at the VGA Awards, racism, transphobia and all the evils in this world will be solved by Neil Druckmann. A beautiful moment for the ages, and that's why he deserves a promotion. :p

yurinka

Jan 19, 2007
Barcelona, Spain
www.capcom-town.es
Uh oh, a MAN got promoted too?

He better commit seppuku to atone for his sins of being a dreaded CIS MALE in a position of power!

Why didn't he allow more women or a trans person the opportunity instead??
Maybe it was to remove him from directing, because having a white cis male directing is PRO-BLE-MA-TIC :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Now seriously, congrats Druckmann. Let's hope the new director keeps away this sjw/representation/seeing something wrong on white male characters bullshit out of the next ND games.

Last edited:
Reactions: KOS MOS
Oct 2, 2019
I need to go prepare the popcorn, no need to salt it though this thread might go over board with it's saltiness.

Always funny to see people who hated ND's output since 2007 come out of the wood work as "fans" after TLOUP2, waiting for Jon Snow to share his insight.

Topher70

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018
It's one of the best selling games of the year. Druckman did good.
Fuck the minority of haters.

Lots of people, myself included, bought the TLoU2 on the strength of the first game. I don't know a single person in real life who has actually liked it. It's simply not very good, and that's going to have consequences down the line for Naughty Dog.

Thicc Team Six

Master Chief
May 18, 2020
I think Neil is a good writer. His stories are generally well put together and TLOU 1 was undeniably a well written story. He has stumbled a bit with his political views on identity, letting them dictate the plot of TLOU 2 rather than being impacted by the plot. Cart before the horse. Never the less he is certainly talented and a proven leader. His promotion makes sense.

As far as Amy goes-not sure if it really came down to an either or between the two of them but it never should have. She is also incredibly talented and Naughty Dog has proven they can tackle multiple projects. There should be a seat for both of them at the table.

Jul 12, 2020
Who is the other President? How do you run a company with two presidents?
“Look it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be, without the popes?”

MrS

Apr 6, 2014
North East, England
He's written two 10/10 games. Let that man get his shine.

So Amy that made an amazing job gets thrown under the bus, and this guy that kills Naughty Dog's reputation and games gets a promotion?

It's like rewarding a dog for shitting on the carpet.
Uncharted is garbage. TLOU is where it's at. Neil put the company on the map. If Amy was so good she'd have shipped a game since leaving ND. She's been gone a while now.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Apr 5, 2007
Greece, N. Mixaniona
Neil Druckmann promoted to Co-President of Naughty Dog, Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling to VP

"Neil Druckmann now joins me as Co-President of Naughty Dog, after serving almost three years as Vice President. In addition, we’re welcoming Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling as Vice Presidents of Naughty Dog. Prior to becoming Vice President, Alison served as our Director of Operations and Christian served as our Co-Director of Programming."

Last edited: