• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann has being getting transphobic, homophobic, anti-Semitic messages

NYR

Feels like he's trying to make it so no one can say anything negative again. Wouldn't be surprised if someone at naughty dogs decides to "be a martyr" for this.
I’m surprised you took that out of it - his literal first sentence is you can love or hate the game and vocalize it.

There is not a single criticism of the game is those posts, its literally bottom of the barrel hate speech.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Whoooooo fuckinnnnnng caaaaaares

You set out to make a game that would make people angry - that's not my words, that's what you said - and on top of that, anyone who's been on the internet for any length of time in the past twenty five years has gotten death threats. Not saying that it's right, but it's inevitable. Like death and taxes.

Clutch those pearls a little tighter Neil.

Grinchy

Banned
Obviously the comments are awful. But the other obvious thing is that when you are on the internet, and you use your real name, and you are on a platform that allows any anonymous person to write anything they want to you, these comments are inevitable. Taking them seriously is the real issue, not the statistical inevitability of their existence.

MrS

Banned
Abhorrent comments but, as others have said, maybe he should step away from social media for a few weeks and let the zeitgeist move on. I saw an interview with him a couple of weeks ago and he looks mentally, physically and emotionally drained. The constant negativity can't be good for his mental health.

UnNamed

Banned
No one deserve this shit.

And I don't understand why this sociopaths are always labeled as gamers: they are just a fucking sociopaths, stop calling in another way.

But worst of all, I don't really understand why people hit by these messages deal with them like they are an unavoidable part of their job, even to feel sorry.

It's a bullshit. Send this type of hate message to me and I will do everything I can to track you and ruin your life (in a court... =_=' ), or if you are too young and too stupid, the life of those assholes you call parents. Goddammit!

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Social media was a mistake. I'm glad I don't have any social media account.

If I don't like a game, I don't buy it. I can't imagine wasting my time going on a hate spree that in the end will accomplish nothing and will only make me look bad.
Internet access should be limited to 21yo+. I'm tired of rants and fits of hormonal teenagers.

ExpandKong

Banned
No one deserve this shit.

And I don't understand why this sociopaths are always labeled as gamers: they are just a fucking sociopaths, stop calling in another way.

But worst of all, I don't really understand why people hit by these messages deal with them like they are an unavoidable part of their job, even to feel sorry.

It's a bullshit. Send this type of hate message to me and I will do everything I can to track you and ruin your life, or if you are too young and too stupid, the life of those assholes you call parents. Goddammit!

You: people who send these messages are sociopaths

Also you: if I ever get one of these messages I will track you down and ruin your whole family's life

raw

UnNamed

Banned

Also you: if I ever get one of these messages I will track you down and ruin your whole family's life

raw

LOL, true (I was editing, in the meanwhile...)

It's just this things makes me mad. No one deserve to receive a kill threat for a fucking videogame. No one deserve to receive a threat at all.

Last edited:

Vaelka

raw

This same thing goes for game journalists and a lot of the devs defending Neil here.
They sit around calling people virgins and generalizing people constantly but then when Neil gets hate they're all like '' Oh no, this is unacceptable :(. Poor thing. ''.
At least be fucking consistent.

awww poor guy. i cant imagine having to endure having to read words that hurt my feelings. sticks and stones really arent the only things that hurt!

with that said, half of the population has been called nazis, racists, phobes of all kinds, deplorables, and all sorts of nonsense from the “other side” that Neil resides on. He even used his game to make a statement against those people so i have no sympathy.

Boss Mog

Plenty of people have taken issue with the direction the game took, especially since it undermines the first game which was universally loved. I'm one of them, but at the end of the day, it's Neil's game and he can do whatever he wants and I'm free to not buy it (which is what I did) if I don't like it. That's how it works folks. All these people harassing and threatening him and Laura Bailey are pathetic shitbags.

What I take issue with BIG TIME though is when moronic "games journalists" take it upon themselves to lump all the people that don't like the game or criticize it with the aforementioned shitbags.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Fucking hell. Trash sending hate because of a video game. A fucking video game.

If you don't like the game and back it up with reasons then fine, you have an opinion. You're entitled to it.

If you send that shit, it is not criticism it is scum and anyone who tries to defend it is scum also.

Vaelka

So he's finally pulling the "hate-messages" card.
Also, "you can love or hate the game and share your thoughts". What a fucking lie, a lot of people including him were doing their utmost to dismiss any criticism.

People criticizing the game are getting a fuck ton of hate too lol.
I have no doubt that the devs are getting way more hate but people are acting like it's some one-sided thing when it just isn't.

Dthomp

Welcome to the culture you create. When you encourage people getting piled-on for ideas you don't like, don't be surprised when people do the same do you for the ideas they don't like.

I wish I could like this more then once, nailed it with the first response.

ZZZZ

Same with Laura Bailey, i don't get it.
He's either doing this as a way to promote the game or reading random messages by trolls and psychos hurts him for some reason and he needs to get off social media.

Everyone gets trolled on the internet, hell even I have had death threats in DM and im nobody. These guys love playing the victim though so they show it off for sympathy. Nothing ever actually comes from these Niel will be fine.
Same, i got death threats and hate voice messages on xbox live on the early days of 360, my inbox would get full every 3 days or so, and i wasn't crying on social media because of it.
I used to play competitive sports when i was younger, when playing away games people would call me all kinds of things, i didn't go crying in the internet, just suck it up and move on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom