• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need help deciding between God Eater 3 vs. Monster Hunter World as a gift.

So for a family gift I am buying a game for someone but I'm a bit stuck on these two games.

On one hand, she loved the PSP God Eater games, bt also awhile back tried one of the Monster Hunter games and liked it. Her parents got her a PS4 Pro so I'm guessing I'm determining which of these would be better to buy.

To me, a person who has no real interest in either, Monster Hunter World seems to be the better looking more polished experience. At the same time I heard God Eater had deeper and more complex combat mechanics.

She loves the anime artstyle which is why she has a bunch of Tales games, so from the vids and screens I see God Eater meets that, and it seems to have the generic anime story telling to boot.

But on the other hand, Monster Hunter World has a larger world, and since her parents got her a PRO, it would look fantastic on the TV. Looking at vids and screens for God Eater 3 I'm not even sure the PS4 Pro will benefit the game much. Even the heavy anime aesthetic you can see some graphical issues.

I guess it's really about gameplay, how much more complex is God Eater compared to monster hunter? Which one is more limited and ends up more repetitive?

god-eater-3-feature.jpg

MonsterHunter-2-670x377.jpg

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
If she is a person more interested in storytelling, then God Eater 3 is the clear winner.

If she is a person more interested in the hunting gameplay, then Monster Hunter World is clearly superior.

Pejo

GE3 is a relatively short story that's more single player focused with a pretty linear upgrade path. It's also more fast paced and anime in aesthetics.

MH:W is a much more newbie friendly MonHun with slower more deliberate movement and combat and a lot more varied gameplay. It also has more farming for equipment/upgrades and IMO is easier to jump into multiplayer with.

MH is more varied in nuances like learning when and how to utilize your weapon's moveset, but as far as sheer variety, GE3 probably beats it. Each weapon has multiple power-ups and secondary effects, and the bullet crafting system is just ridiculous as far as depth goes. That said, it's very hard to understand, again, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Avoid Monster Hunter if you don't like time consuming missions, grinding and weird mechanics.

Akuza89

I'd say just stick with god eater, if they loved that and just appeared to like a previous monster hunter... that monster hunter is slightly different.

So as I say stick with god eater, it's the safer option.

Also side note:- of all the topics you make with a poll you chose not to with this one? I'm slightly curious as to why.... :unsure:

Top Bottom