• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed By Criterion Next Year, Medal of Honor Reboot Details In Few Months

The problem with Need for Speed shift is that its slightly better game that the previous Need for Speed games thats why it got a bit too good reviews. I personally feel the game is total piece of shit with worst car handling ever. I mean I had to tweak the default controls for it to make some sense.

Thats the problem with game "journalists" these days, every slightly above average game gets 9s and 10s as if they are desperate to play decent games.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Did I miss something about NFS Shift, or is this run-of-the-mill GAF histrionics?

Edit: It's the latter.

[Nintex]

cuyahoga said:
Did I miss something about NFS Shift, or is this run-of-the-mill GAF histrionics?

Edit: It's the latter.
Shift is filled with bugs, just go to their official forums.

The first topic you encounter is a bug list which includes this:
"My car doesn't start, what should I do?"
"My car bounces all over the place!"

They made a racing game and the car doesn't even start...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ram said:
you can play the original (and nfs 2, nfs 3, nfs 4 and porsche) on the ps3, without the hassle. just buy a cheap ps1 copy and et voilá...

:lol
I know, it's just impressive that someone rebuilt it from scratch.

I'm going to hope against hope for a rebirth of Need for Speed that takes it back to its roots, exotic cars down wide country highways across the world.

But most likely it'll be a Burnout Paradise/Most Wanted mashup.

pswii60

SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX SSX

V_Ben

Banned
if we're going to see anything about a new Medal of Honor, i'm predicting a WORLD EXCLUSIVE at the vga's next month.

cuyahoga said:

Criterion has been teasing that the game is spiritually linked to the first ever Need for Speed release.

I'm pretty sure that he was just saying that he was going to be playing the 3DO version of the game. Not that their NFS would be similar to it. He was playing a lot of different NFS games at that time, as well as some different 3DO games.

It could be similar to the original games though. I doubt that they want to make a game that people will just see as BOP2 with a NFS name.

Threi

notag
- Please put some thought into local multiplayer. That is one thing that really irritated me about Burnout Paradise. And even if its online multi i want to be able to join friends/have friends join my races to progress.

- For the love of god stop the ricer shit. Only customization done should be paintjobs. Cars should only be 1 solid colour, no decals or any of that crap (unless it is a track-based unlockable) Only limited tuning, no "engine upgrades" plz.

- Please don't make it a Shift 2. NFS isn't a Sim series, that isn't where any of it's charm comes from.

- No nitro

- Bring back cops, but don't overdo it like in Most Wanted

- Locales like in Hot Pursuit 2

the hell just make Hot Pursuit 3 ffs

Afrikan

Need for Speed 1 was great.....one of the main reasons I bought my PlaySation 1. IMO, the only game to have a similar feel to it was Test Drive 4, which unfortunately released in that time period......so its been awhile....... I really prefer long point to point tracks compared to looping ones.......

but I feel titles like Burnout Paradise and Road Rash 3D did a good job of having point to point races while still having one big open world to explore. Now a days, I don't believe Devs would take a chance to create racing games that just featured individual point to point tracks....mainly if it is an arcade racer......not that I would have a problem with that.

sohois

Any rumours on who's gonna be developing the next MoH game? Presumably they'll do it like they did Shift and hire a 'third party' (not owned by EA) dev to do it.

If thats the case, then i'd put my money on Crytek. They're already associated with EA, and are the best FPS dev not associated with anyone particular publisher. In fact, maybe it will be the newly formed Crytek UK, or in other words Free Radical who take on the job. Haze may have been a travesty, but with the Cry Engine backing them up i'm sure Free Radical can do somethin amazing.

Top Bottom