• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed announcement imminent?

MrFunSocks

Banned
Please be Underground 1/2 remakes!

I’ve been playing them again via Dolphin in 1080p/60fps and goddamn they are still amazing and among the best arcade racers to date. That era truly was the best for arcade racers, with the GOAT burnout 3 takedown as well.

Last edited:
Yeah Im pretty sure its HP2010. Its fine, the game is probably my favourite modern NFS title but Im still puzzled why they went in that direction considering the game was never cult-status title like NFS3/Underground/Most Wanted. Its just looks like such a random title to remaster out of all available choices.

Unless next years next gen NFS will be another Hot Pursuit sequel so they are just doing the "y'all must of forgot" to get people hyped.

Am I the only one that wished they released a collection of older NFS titles on modern consoles?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Yeah Im pretty sure its HP2010. Its fine, the game is probably my favourite modern NFS title but Im still puzzled why they went in that direction considering the game was never cult-status title like NFS3/Underground/Most Wanted. Its just looks like such a random title to remaster out of all available choices.

Unless next years next gen NFS will be another Hot Pursuit sequel so they are just doing the "y'all must of forgot" to get people hyped.

Underground is probably in most need of a remake but I also remember it being kind of average outside of the cutscenes. I remember loving one of the Criterion NFS titles but I'm having a hard time remember if it was HP or Most Wanted (gut is saying HP). I'm guessing the decision comes down to cost (which source code is most readily available and easy to port to the modern systems) and this is a trial balloon so we could see Most Wanted down the line.

Piggoro

EjcbuhjVoAIhjBC
EjcbqNXU0AANURH

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Stellar Entertainment did the Paradise Switch port. That turned out mostly okay, right? I know people had complaints about the HD twins ports.

Patrick S.

Banned
I won't play any NFS game that has no cockpit view, so the series has been dead for me for years, unfortunately.

At least from these screenshots, looks like a straight port. I dont see any higher res or textures. Looks exactly the same as it was back then.

If they price it right, I'll definitely pop back in. HP was an incredible experience and I'd love to go online on the racers vs cops mode.

mango drank

Cripes, I can't believe the original came out 10 years ago. (And the actual original (NFS3:HP) came out 22 years ago.) Feels like I was playing the 2010 version just yesterday. I added a bunch of GAFers to my friends list and played online with them. Then I sold my PS3 and my original PSN account with it.

Anyway, if a true next-gen Hot Pursuit sequel comes out next year, it'll technically be Hot Pursuit 4. What a tangled web.

Larxia

So... That's just a resolution increase "remaster" for consoles and that's it? :/ Not a remake or anything, more like a port.
Because that's what it looks like on these pictures.
The game on pc already looked like that if you forced anti aliasing, here are some pictures I took on the pc version:

Larxia

If they price it right, I'll definitely pop back in. HP was an incredible experience and I'd love to go online on the racers vs cops mode.
Well they better improve the online then because it was crap. I mean it worked fine when you were playing, but the menu browsing / match making was awful, you couldn't see current servers being hosted or anything, and there wasn't a quick race option, instead, races were divided into categories per type of car, and then per game mode, so you had to try each of them one by one to find a match...

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I searched my Amazon purchase history and saw where I bought this for the 360 in Nov. 2010, but I really don't remember much about it.

Top Bottom