• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed ™ Heat |OT| 🎶 Brrr Dum Dum Dum, Dum Da Da Da Da Dum 🎶

drotahorror

drotahorror drotahorror I am also growing weary of open world racers after lots of Horizon time (and I skipped 3 completely). Have you tried the new GRID?

Meant to say something a while back then forgot. I haven't tried it. I grew bored of GRID 1 and 2 pretty quickly, Codemasters need to do something else. Maybe I'm just tired of the genre I don't know.

I'm not sure what I want in a racer anymore. I wish a PS4 Motorstorm would have happened, or even a remaster of the first 3 @ 60fps. The last racers I put tons of hours into was Driveclub and FH3 and 4. I feel like Horizon has perfected the open world racer and there's nothing left in the genre, I don't care much about a new country or city to drive in. WipEout Omega is all I need for futuristic racers, well that and Redout. DiRT Rally and any of the other entries are all I need for sim / arcade rally games. Driveclub will be hard to top for closed course simcade feel. Not a big sim fan, but those niches are filled with good entries too.

I want an arcade racer with multiple shortcuts that are dangerous but huge payoff (think the Rush series), with turbo/nitro mechanics. A new hydrothunder like game, an offroad one, a new Rush. The genre is just stale right now and arcade racers are not worth it to publishers anymore, been that way this whole console gen.

Last edited:

DiscoJer

I like almost everything about it but the cops are really taking away any fun I'm having and just adding frustration. Not everything has to be an ironman/Dark Souls type game.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
My only big complaint is actually the sound track.
Maybe I'm getting old but all I can think is "what fuck am I listening too?"
Or probably because 2000's hip hop is better.
Seriously I rather listen to Fabolous, Xzibit, Twista and Chingy then this shit right thurr.
Jesus stop being so old
Nothing but bangers this game.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I like the map, but at this point I am so accustomed to the handling model of Forza Horizon that I just can't get into this game. This whole time I'm fighting with the car and wondering why it's not like Horizon.

jaysius

Banned
I like the map, but at this point I am so accustomed to the handling model of Forza Horizon that I just can't get into this game. This whole time I'm fighting with the car and wondering why it's not like Horizon.

For me every single vehicle in Horizon feels identical, from the biggest truck to the fastest car, there is very little if any differences amongst the entire vehicle lineup.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
For me every single vehicle in Horizon feels identical, from the biggest truck to the fastest car, there is very little if any differences amongst the entire vehicle lineup.

that's a valid criticism to a point and probably contributes to the problem I'm having playing other arcade racers. I need to rotate more.

Gek54

That's some game killing camera shake in the 3rd person views. Its ruining what would one of the best NFS games. I would buy it three times if there was an option to turn that damn camera shake off. It makes the game look like its running poorly, like a synthetic choppy framerate, its nauseating. Bonnet view and bumper view have no shake but this is a 30fps arcade racing game with half baked wheel support, really its 3rd person camera or bust.

Top Bottom