• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need an 8bitdo controller for Switch, WiiU & PC

Orta

Banned
If such a thing is possible that is.

I need a modern controller that will work for all three systems, ideally something closer to the xbox rather than Dual Shock controllers. I've seen so many 3rd party and official controllers over the past 24 hours my head hurts so thought I'd ask you more clued-in folks for advice.

Obviously I'd like to buy the official Nintendo controllers but they're damn expensive, especially one for each console.

Oh yeah, I'll be need an 8bitdo adapter too, won't I?

Thanks for your time :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Orta

Banned
Yeah, the WiiU is the problem. And there's no point buying an official controller with an old ass battery in it either.

Official controllers are so expensive these days, €60-80 is crazy. I know there's a lot of tech in them compared to previous gens but still.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
I own an 8bitdo SN30 Pro, an 8bitdo M30 and a Gulikit NS09.

The 8bitdo controllers are very very good. They work natively on Switch, PC, Android and IOS.

The Gulikit NS09 is a pretty decent controller, works natively on those as well and comes with a NFC reader (for amiibos on Switch).

I'd recommend an 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus which is the latest version and has side grips. That should be an amazing controller, premium quality just like the one I own (the difference is that mine doesn't have the grips and new firmware/software).

If, and only if, the position of the 8bitdo analogs are not of your liking, then the Gulikit SN09 is a pretty good call for a decent price (the SN08 has weird analog sensibility, avoid that, go with the SN09). It's basically an Xbox One controller with some additional functions, pretty good quality and has a decent battery.

None of these will work on the WiiU, though, unless the console is soft modded (homebrew). If you really need a controller other than the Gamepad, I'd suggest you get a clone of the WiiU Pro Controller. They're pretty cheap and should do the job just fine.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Thanks fellas, all taken on board, Switch & PC will be easy enough to sort out, I might just double dip on some of the WiiU stuff that is on the Switch.

I own an 8bitdo SN30 Pro, an 8bitdo M30 and a Gulikit NS09.

The 8bitdo controllers are very very good. They work natively on Switch, PC, Android and IOS.

The Gulikit NS09 is a pretty decent controller, works natively on those as well and comes with a NFC reader (for amiibos on Switch).

I'd recommend an 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus which is the latest version and has side grips. That should be an amazing controller, premium quality just like the one I own (the difference is that mine doesn't have the grips and new firmware/software).

If, and only if, the position of the 8bitdo analogs are not of your liking, then the Gulikit SN09 is a pretty good call for a decent price (the SN08 has weird analog sensibility, avoid that, go with the SN09). It's basically an Xbox One controller with some additional functions, pretty good quality and has a decent battery.

None of these will work on the WiiU, though, unless the console is soft modded (homebrew). If you really need a controller other than the Gamepad, I'd suggest you get a clone of the WiiU Pro Controller. They're pretty cheap and should do the job just fine.
Got any links for that Gulikit NS09? I found their site but they don't have any purchase links that I saw. I'm interested in getting one.

GAMETA

Banned
Got any links for that Gulikit NS09? I found their site but they don't have any purchase links that I saw. I'm interested in getting one.
You should be able to find them on Amazon or similar online stores (not sure about the prices)

I live in Brazil, I imported directly from China on AliExpress for about USD $40.

Last edited:
You should be able to find them on Amazon or similar online stores (not sure about the prices)

I live in Brazil, I imported directly from China on AliExpress for about USD $40.
I gotcha. Amazon seems to have some shady sellers. People are reporting getting broken or faulty controllers. I'll keep looking seems like a good controller.

GAMETA

Banned
I gotcha. Amazon seems to have some shady sellers. People are reporting getting broken or faulty controllers. I'll keep looking seems like a good controller.
Yeah, there's always the risk of a faulty one.

Doesn't Amazon/seller offer warranty and refund, though? Shouldn't be much trouble.

You can also go for 8bitdo, it's high quality guaranteed.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's always the risk of a faulty one.

Doesn't Amazon/seller offer warranty and refund, though? Shouldn't be much trouble.

You can also go for 8bitdo, it's high quality guaranteed.
I have a few 8bitdo controllers. The SN30Pro+ I have refuses to connect to my PC wired so I can't update it or use the special software for it. I also have the SNES style controller and NES style one from them.

HF2014

Using 8 Bit do adaptor with Wii U pro controller. Work like a charm. Cant take screenshot with it, its the only downside. You can probably get a cheap Wii U controller somewhere.

Meesh

I have an 8bitdo Sn30 pro and as much as I love the look and feel of it there is some lag depending on the game it seems.

Zero issues connecting to my PC, phone and Switch, but for games like Monster Hunter you might have some issues. Like if its noticeable to me, I think you'll definitely have an issue.

That said I still love the quality and use it religiously, the D pad is the absolute best third party pad in the industry. I swear by these controllers, but I get annoyed at times.

Sorry OP, wish I could point you in a better direction.

Top Bottom