• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

need advice on AI photo enhancing

Bartski

Gold Member
Recently I got very excited googling AI upscaling software out there.

So I got the photo and I scanned it, and now I'm looking into AI enhancers and unfortunately having tried some of them the results are either shit or barely noticeable.

My goal is to create the source file for a large print (100 cm wide on a canvas) of a now relatively low res photo.

I'm using a 600dpi scan and trying different algorithms, so far I've used some online enhancers and I just installed HitPaw... Not good.

I have a feeling there is something I'm doing wrong. Can't find any good info on tweaking the properties of the photo at the input to get the best results. Are there any?

If those free or semi-free (preview or pay for export types) enhancers are just bad, where are the good ones?

Should I perhaps look into neural photoshop filters or stuff like Corel?

My photo editing skills are at adding txt to a photo in meme maker.

I even asked at this photo restoration studio and it sounded like AI enhancing is some kinda voodoo they want nothing to do with.

I'd be very happy to pay for it.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone familiar with the concept could at least point me in the right direction.

Last edited:

Tranquil

I've been using Topaz Gigapixel AI for upscaling low res images. It has worked great, they also have options for fine tuning the upscaling as well. Also last time I checked they had a 30 day free trial, not sure if they do that anymore though.

Bartski

Gold Member
I've been using Topaz Gigapixel AI for upscaling low res images. It has worked great, they also have options for fine tuning the upscaling as well. Also last time I checked they had a 30 day free trial, not sure if they do that anymore though.
will check tonight tnx

Zeroing

Banned
Pixelator pro also does have a decent upscale machine learning. But nothing is miraculous! Also don’t forget that the image once printed could look good/better if viewed from a certain distance!

Top Bottom