• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCIS: New Orleans is being produced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
and to think all this started off from
jag.jpg

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/ncis-spinoff-cbs-mark-harmon-new-orleans/

CBS is looking to further expand its lucrative NCIS franchise. I’ve learned that the network is working on a planted NCIS spinoff series, which will be introduced in a two-part NCIS episode slated to shoot in February and air in the spring. Set in New Orleans, the potential spinoff is executive produced by NCIS star/executive producer Mark Harmon and executive producer/showrunner Gary Glasberg.

The character-driven project, written by Glasberg and produced by CBS Studios, centers on the the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans was picked as a backdrop for the show because of its pedigree of a rich setting of music, fun and debauchery that makes it a magnet for military personnel on-leave. And with fun comes trouble. This would mark the second spinoff from veteran NCIS, which also spawned hit NCIS: Los Angeles.

The LL Cool J-Chris O’Donnell starrer also started off as a backdoor pilot, airing as a two-part episode of NCIS. In expanding the NCIS franchise, CBS and CBS Studios are taking a page from their CSI playbook by setting every new series in a new town (Las Vegas, Miami and New York for CSI; Washington, Los Angeles and New Orleans for NCIS). With NCIS and NCIS: LA showing no signs of slowing down,

CBS may very well have three NCIS series on the air next season, just like it did with the CSI franchise for almost a decade. Season 11 of NCIS kicks off tomorrow night. Glasberg is repped by CAA, Harmon by Paradigm.

It could have been worse and been another CSI. I guess at this point they probably rant out of Who songs.

There is a lot of people who like to watch an actor pretend to get murdered and then people pretend to solve the crime using complete implausible methods.

Oh and Kathrine Bell was such a hottie.

I will probably watch this when I visit my grandfather's and have no say in the matter. The setting is appealing though

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know anybody who watches that shite, and I'm friendly with several old people.

I watch NCIS from time to time, because they show roughly 150 episodes a week on USA.

It's... okay I guess.

ivysaur12

Banned
NCIS: Hawaii?

NCIS: Okinawa?

Just, like, in general. This is an hour off the schedule for a major primetime network. An hour that could go to something more compelling than a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off.

Hell, NCIS: Red didn't get picked up and we got something at least slightly different (for CBS) with Hostages this season. We don't need more spin-offs of already uninspiring, banal television unless they're the rare one that brings a unique perspective to the table.

Fox Mulder

Just, like, in general. This is an hour off the schedule for a major primetime network. An hour that could go to something more compelling than a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off.

Hell, NCIS: Red didn't get picked up and we got something at least slightly different (for CBS) with Hostages this season. We don't need more spin-offs of already uninspiring, banal television unless they're the rare one that brings a unique perspective to the table.

I think there's too many by the numbers crime dramas on TV already, but it's what people watch.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not sure this'll come to fruition. Red didn't get picked up. I think it's actually a tough show to spin off since it's pretty character driven.

Although, New Orleans is a pretty good idea for where to put a procedural.

ivysaur12

Banned
I think there's too many by the numbers crime dramas on TV already, but it's what people watch.

Breaking Bad's last episode had more viewers in the key A18-49 demographic than almost NCIS: LA episodes last season. That's an entirely unfair comparison that comes with a lot of caveats, but you don't need to appeal to the lowest common denominator to be successful.

Unfortunately, the two best dramas on CBS, Elementary and The Good Wife, are two of their lowest rated. That's how you do procedural storytelling right. Oh well.

I'm not sure this'll come to fruition. Red didn't get picked up. I think it's actually a tough show to spin off since it's pretty character driven.

Although, New Orleans is a pretty good idea for where to put a procedural.

New Orleans is just a cool location in general to set a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom