• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2k21 is 150 GB on PS5, 101.48 GB on Series X

Vasto

Which have been debunked. The game on the Series X is not 72GB

But does the install consume less on Series X compared to PS5? That is the question. So far we got one person saying they installed it at 110GB on Series X. That is still 40GB less then PS5 if it does require 150GB.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Maybe the Xbox One version is 72GB? Remember 2K is greedy and they didn't do Smart Delivery so there are two separate versions of NBA2K21 on the Xbox. The Xbox One version and the Next Generation version. The Next Gen one is about 110GB installed.

You might be confused? Thread title say 72GB on XSX Not Series X.

XSX = Xbox Series X

you are the confused one :messenger_beaming:

XsX, xsex = same thing

XoX = Xbox One X, but it is usually just one x

Dont blame us, blame stupid naming of the systems if people cant know which one is which:messenger_savoring:

Anyway, I would not trust on what is printed on the case, unless there is someone with the game installed. My experience have been on PS4 that those numbers can be anything, bigger or smaller after game is installed + patched

tryDEATH

2K21 and WARZONE are a combined 320GB+ what the actual fuck is that. That makes the Series S full and over 50% full on the PS5. Insanity especially since you cant store next gen games on a external for PS5 so you got to redownload stuff. Devs got to chill with this shit.

That’s the regular Xbox one Version the Next Gen 2K21 is at 101.4GB
c4CnknK.jpg

How much did you buy from Swag's? 😘

Mr Moose

Hardware DecompressionHardware decompression is a dedicated hardware component introduced with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S to allow games to consume as little space as possible on the SSD while eliminating all CPU overhead typically associated with run-time decompression. It reduces the software overhead of decompression when operating at full SSD performance from more than three CPU cores to zero – thereby freeing considerable CPU power for the game to spend on areas like better gameplay and improved framerates. Hardware decompression is one of the components of the Xbox Velocity Architecture.

Hardware decompression is a dedicated hardware component introduced with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S to allow games to consume as little space as possible on the SSD
Wouldn't that be compression?

Last edited:

RaySoft

No its not the same thing. Its may be something that tries to achieve the same thing but that does not mean it will.
Excuse me but I think you have been bamboozled by MS' marketing;-)
It also seems that you have no grasp of what that marketing even implies, since you blatantly denied others trying to point out that the PS5 has it's own similar solution.
Wich, in my oppinion, is even far superior to boot.

cormack12

Gold Member
It looks like you're comparing nba 2k21 gen8 version with the next gen black mamba edition with all the extra hd stuff

the_master

Point being that all people who thought that next gen games would be smaller thanks to asset duplication, where wrong. And both xsex and ps5 have very limited storage space

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Point being that all people who thought that next gen games would be smaller thanks to asset duplication, where wrong. And both xsex and ps5 have very limited storage space

Or the first wave of cross gen games on multiple platforms don't give the devs time to reach into the complete bag of tricks.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
There goes that "games will be smaller" myth that people were going on about. Looks like you either are going to delete and download games or pay out the ass for a compatible hardrive. Next Generation is starting to get into the gaming pc price range.

TheMan

this reminds me...sony didn't resolve the issue of needing way more space on your HD than the final install size requires. So you'll still need multiple gigs free to install a 600 mb patch. So stupi.d

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The bag of tricks is that they can create more detailed and varied content, so the size will only go up

Sure, but you are also ignoring the duplicated data, compression, etc. We just saw a Days Gone patch remove 20GB due to compression.

the_master

Sure, but you are also ignoring the duplicated data, compression, etc. We just saw a Days Gone patch remove 20GB due to compression.
Sure they can optimize, but duplicated data is not big enough to compensate for the increase of assets and detail we will see.
I predict that most AAA games at the end of the generation will need about 2-3 times as much space of the games today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom