• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 20 Cancelled

Kacho

Didn't they do this once before?

Yeah something like this. Might have been the same year as Jesus Bynum.

nba_elite_11_jesus_glitch_530w.0.0.jpg

Petrae

EA never figured it out with NBA LIVE after it was rebooted. Take-Two/Visual Concepts already had a stranglehold on the sim side of the NBA, and LIVE never really did anything unique or noteworthy— other than to try and implement a streetball/culture thing that never really stood out.

In its heyday, LIVE differentiated itself from NBA 2K by leaning a bit more toward the arcade-style side of things. It still was rooted in simulation, but was far more accessible and easier to pick up than 2K was. After trying to rebrand LIVE as NBA Elite, which was stillborn, EA decided to go back to the drawing board and beat 2K at its own game. That was a fatal mistake, and one that has pretty much killed LIVE.

EA’s best basketball game in the last 10 years has been the On Fire edition of its NBA JAM revival. NBA Street should’ve been considered, but surprisingly has not.

Dthomp

Somebody needs to just simply take the series back to the PS1 days. Simple good gameplay. I know that's boring, and they are more worried about copying 2k with stupid microtransactions, and trash as shit story modes with awful scripts and worse voice acting.

Hell, scale it back and release a quality basketball game with just franchise mode and play now modes, maybe a head to head online mode if necessary. I know this is just wishful thinking cause those were the last times I truly enjoyed a basketball sim style game, long before stupid Ultimate team modes took over alot of these games.

Dane

This franchise is a disaster that I wonder how EA even keeps trying.

I recall that one of the games had a shitty demo and was cancelled RIGHT AT THE PRESSING COPIES PROCESS, because of that, it has a few PS3 copies floating around ebay for 600+ dollars.

Then they promised a new game that never came.

In 2013 released a new game for PS4 and XONE at both consoles launch, and it was poorly received. Funny enough, the latest installment had a significantly better reception.

JLB

Banned
Surprising. Actually nba live 19 is a great game. Yes, gameplay is basic and lacked modes, soecially compared to games like fifa, but is enjoyable and i thought that was a great reboot.
Hopefully next gen gets better.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah something like this. Might have been the same year as Jesus Bynum.

nba_elite_11_jesus_glitch_530w.0.0.jpg
I remember playing the demo on 360, but then deleted it after. Who knew it would become a shitshow where it got cancelled later.

But you know what the funny thing is? I"m not a big basketball gamer or anything, but from what I remember, the game played decent. I have a hard time believing they cancelled this game due to the Jesus pose. There must have been a lot more issues with the final game than an animation issue.

Top Bottom