• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2019/20 Regular Season |OT| Warriors......come out to play

benjipwns

Banned
EIZ6DnKW4AIEKcp.jpg

So a game after Curry gets injured Green and Russell suddenly get injured too?

Ya right. Green and Russell are quitters.

All the rich people who probably spent god knows what on tickets for the new arena in SF. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Warriors had a good run but it's over, they're gonna be in salary cap hell for the next four years built around a core of max players over 30.

KINGMOKU

Luka is amazing flat out. I figured he would be a good pro but nothing like this. Whole different level of player.

Found the league's replacement for LeBron.

Luka is amazing flat out. I figured he would be a good pro but nothing like this. Whole different level of player.

Found the league's replacement for LeBron.

Mavs need to make a trade for a starting level caliber SG, Seth Curry and Hardaway JR aren't going to cut it. Luka is flat out carrying games right now with some solid contribution from the bench but somewhere along the way a trade needs to get done.

KINGMOKU

Mavs need to make a trade for a starting level caliber SG, Seth Curry and Hardaway JR aren't going to cut it. Luka is flat out carrying games right now with some solid contribution from the bench but somewhere along the way a trade needs to get done.
Agreed. They have two, real deal pieces now, and your 100% correct. Problem is who is going to trade with them to willingly create a death star? The Mavs are going to have to give up a ton to get there.

Can you imagine that team with Beal? Steven Adams at the C spot would also be ideal, and allow porky to play his natural position as well.

Great TV to watch right now though.

cormack12

Gold Member
Man that Spurs defeat hurt, was another close game and Lillard probably *should have made that three pointer for OT. Then the GSW demolished us as well. Not off to a flier here :/

Agreed. They have two, real deal pieces now, and your 100% correct. Problem is who is going to trade with them to willingly create a death star? The Mavs are going to have to give up a ton to get there.

Can you imagine that team with Beal? Steven Adams at the C spot would also be ideal, and allow porky to play his natural position as well.

Great TV to watch right now though.

I would love to have Bradley Beal but the problem with Steven Adams is that I wonder if he's lost a lot of athleticism already, I watched some Thunder games last year and he looked way slower than he used to be.

I don't know if he was injured and I havent seen what he looks like this year.

KINGMOKU

I would love to have Bradley Beal but the problem with Steven Adams is that I wonder if he's lost a lot of athleticism already, I watched some Thunder games last year and he looked way slower than he used to be.

I don't know if he was injured and I havent seen what he looks like this year.
Dallas needs a rebounder at the 5. I've watched every Mavs game this year, and for running opportunities that Doncic thrives on, they need a good one. A perfect fit would be Andre drummond, but not even out of my cold dead hands. ;)

Yes. I know that's not what Suns fan wants to hear, but they have a TON to prove.

Let's see what the record is after 25 games, which is always my my litmus test.

Perfectly fine with that. A track record of sucking takes more than 10 games to dispel......hell, I wouldn't be confident of calling them GOOD even after 25, and I'm a Suns fan. Wanna see at least 50.

A promising start, though.

Mista

Banned
Lakers having a great start to the season. The loss against the Raptors was their fault unfortunately but right now they’re smacking Warriors

Dthomp

I'm nervous about Gordon missing the next month or two, but to be the best team in basketball 10 games in at 9-1 I can't complain. We actually have some really solid wins too, not just beating cupcakes like the West Coast team everybody would rather talk about. Fuck the Lakers, Go Celtics!

I'm nervous about Gordon missing the next month or two, but to be the best team in basketball 10 games in at 9-1 I can't complain. We actually have some really solid wins too, not just beating cupcakes like the West Coast team everybody would rather talk about. Fuck the Lakers, Go Celtics!

The Hayward injury is a real shame, dude was looking comfortable in the system and looked to have gotten over the psychological hump regarding his previous devastating injury.

Dthomp

The Hayward injury is a real shame, dude was looking comfortable in the system and looked to have gotten over the psychological hump regarding his previous devastating injury.

Yeah he was looking great early on, hopefully with it being his off hand it won't be too much rust upon his return since he can at least stay in some good cardio shape unlike when he turned his foot backwards :messenger_tears_of_joy:

cormack12

Gold Member
Man, painful catching up on the Blazers. Think it was 5 defeats in 6 games. Should have had the Clippers in truth. Not a fan of Dame saying we was in the game. we're sacrificing too much and hoping to come back in Q3/4. Need to pull fingers out.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Lakers #1 in the west and looking much better this season. I'm still hoping Lebron can get MVP this season and AD can get DPOY.

I'm also glad to see Melo getting another chance!

Last edited:
Golden State needs to get fined for this shit. Your supposed to field a professional basketball team, not the Washington Generals.
francis.png

Adam Silver needs to step in and stop this shit. Play come competitive basketball ffs.

Golden State needs to get fined for this shit. Your supposed to field a professional basketball team, not the Washington Generals.
francis.png

Adam Silver needs to step in and stop this shit. Play come competitive basketball ffs.

Cut'em some slack. They've lost all three of their best players from last year (2 to injury, 1 to FA), and they lost quality bench depth in Livingston and Iguodala. You take out the 3 cannons from a warship, and odds are they will suck badly.

ESPOMAN

The new Timberwolves "system" kind of bothers me. They do not have the three point shooters to shoot as many threes as they do and now KAT does not get the ball in the post anymore. He led the league in post ups last season. Oh well hopefully they can still trade for Russell as unlikely as that is.

Cutty Flam

Banned
The new Timberwolves "system" kind of bothers me. They do not have the three point shooters to shoot as many threes as they do and now KAT does not get the ball in the post anymore. He led the league in post ups last season. Oh well hopefully they can still trade for Russell as unlikely as that is.
Interesting. What are they doing more of then? More slashing to the hole and just sort of freestyle/ whatever happens happens type of plays going on? Fizdale did a lot of that on the Knicks, never made much sense to me. You have to run a system that centers around your best players and their strengths. The role players are expected to follow

ESPOMAN

Interesting. What are they doing more of then? More slashing to the hole and just sort of freestyle/ whatever happens happens type of plays going on? Fizdale did a lot of that on the Knicks, never made much sense to me. You have to run a system that centers around your best players and their strengths. The role players are expected to follow
They have people kind of slashing but they are going the Rockets way of all 3s and paint shots but the only people that fit it are KAT. Wiggins, Covington, and Layman. The problem is the last three are all streaky shooters and KAT is the best shooter and also the best inside scorer. But they are not getting him the ball in the post nearly as much as last year.

Mista

Banned
Lakers vs Bucks today. This is going to be a crazy game! Both teams 24-4 and both teams lost their last game. This is going to be wicked!

Hinedorf

Banned
2 hours until my Lakers. Which is 4am my timing

Definitely I’m staying up

24ae51a74dc129549d1c2b69b6415c1f.jpg

Wooo another place for me to spew my Lakers bullshit! I never miss a game

Going to family xmas party tonight got the Nuggets game on record

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just caught Lakers/Blazers game - damn that was tight. Thought Blazers did a bit of a surrender monkey act though when that 7 opened up in the last quarter.

Lakers vs Celtics would be cool but I think it will be Lakers vs Bucks this year

Yeah the Bucks are really dominant, there's still a long way for the Celtics to make it. That's also true for the Lakers, they need to make it past the Clippers. There are a lot of really good teams this year, but those 4 have really impressed me. They're all top 5-ish on offensive (Celtics dropped to 6th) and defensive efficiency. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Right now I wouldn't bet on any, too close to call.

Top Bottom