• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nazralath: The Fallen World is a new Dark Souls-inspired dark fantasy action-adventure game

Bullet Club

Nazralath: The Fallen World is a new Dark Souls-inspired dark fantasy action-adventure game​

Euclidean Studios has announced a new story-driven, third-person, dark fantasy action-adventure game that is heavily inspired by Dark Souls and Planescape: Torment, called Nazralath: The Fallen World. In order to celebrate this announcement, the studio released the game’s debut trailer that you can find below.

Nazralath: The Fallen World promises to focus on a compelling narrative and exploration through a rich, strong sense of atmosphere and world.

Alongside Dark Souls and Planescape Torment, the game will have influences from the twisted works of Zdzis?aw Beksi?ski and H.P. Lovecraft.

The following trailer features some cutscenes and some gameplay sequences. However, the gameplay sequences appear to be really rough. Still, this is a game in an early development stage. Not only that, but Euclidean Studios is a small team.

Let’s hope that Nazralath: The Fallen World will be better than your average Dark Souls clones.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

Source: DSOG

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
If "dark fantasy" were something new, I'd say that minimalist approach to level design/world atmosphere might cut it. It isn't and that doesn't.

. . .also there's nothing "H.P. Lovecraft" about that trailer.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Not sure I'm fully on board with the third person shooter style camera for this title, but overall looks promising. Love these types of games so I look forward to seeing more.

daveonezero

Banned
I don’t like that at all. I wish more people did the Ashen route, or that sci-fi one. something other than “dark fantasy”. And this I don’t like at all.

I love the art and the music. It reminds me of Dune.
Every shot showing off the great minimalist concept art.
That scene where they pour blood over the knight's corpse (to bring it back alive) looks sick.

Tbh I appreciate it more as a trailer than an upcoming souls clone.

ARK1391

Looks like Hellblade x Souls-like. I'm definitely in for the art direction though! Worth keeping an eye on at the least.

Pejo

Looks like they potentially have interesting world lore, which is the first step in a good souls-like, if you ask me. Still, mostly CGI trailer out of 10 for now. The few seconds of combat isn't enough to make any sort of real judgement.

ClosBSAS

it looks just as bad as any other souls clone. man, why cant they even come close to it? code vein was the only one that came close to being similiar in feeling to dark souls.....mortal shell was complete an dutter crap. clunky, empty with bad gameplay soouls clones.

Top Bottom