• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog recruiter seemingly hints at plans for more Uncharted games

A Goonies remake with Drakes daughter as the defacto leader of a bunch if goofballs. Pirate adventures with a new Sloth like character.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
With Uncharted 4 being my favorite game of all time, I'm definitely down for Uncharted 5

Give me those bombastic setpieces in beautiful next gen visuals

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
People accused naughty dog of killing the franchise after uc4’s introduction of Nate’s children.

Vick

Gold Member
Fuck yeah, but this as protagonist:

695319e6c5d67b3010b8411c656c4c50.png

Along with Sully. And bring back Eddie and Rika. And strike again the perfect balance of serious/lighthearted seen in Uncharted 2.

carl-chef-kiss.gif

Otherwise meh.. there's already Tomb Raider.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Good! Love Uncharted, honestly some of the most striking games I’ve seen, cheesy but fantastic story lines and set pieces, fun gun play. I don’t dislike anything about them really and have platinumed all 4 as they are so fantastic.

Need to do lost legacy still.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Let Drake Die.

It's time to move on. Do one more TLOU3 game. End it on a high note. Then move on.

Do a space sci fi game.

Or do a Game of thrones medieval style game.

Branch out like they always have. Thats why they are such a successful studio. They never pigeonholed themselves to Crash or Jak or Uncharted. They need to move the fuck on.
I also would like that as well though. Maybe I have played so much uncharted already. This is why GAF is good.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I just finished Uncharted 4 Remaster and Lost Legacy. I enjoyed them both MUCH more than playing them the first time. Had a lot of fun. I'd HAPPILY go for another Uncharted game that was in the same spirit of the previous games and not completely and transparently agenda driven.

Fredrik

Lost Legacy got a lot more fun when Sam showed up, felt more like Uncharted.

To me the pairing of Chloe and Nadine just didn't work all that well. Drake and Sully, Drake and Elena, Drake and Chloe, Drake and Sam all those pairing worked much better to me, I guess I just liked him much more as the main character.

Chloe didn't seem to have enough conflict within her to carry the game for me.
I do agree that Sam works as a sidekick, better than Nadine. But Chloe was a real nice choice for the main character imo, could carry a game alone without any chatty sidekick. She’s totally ND’s Lara Croft, attitude and all. Still surprised ND let her fill out dem jeans so good 😏

Majormaxxx

Of course there's gonna be more that's a no brainer

It's just gonna be Nathan's daughter and she's gonna be super pissed off about Nathan's past of being a thief and doesn't talk to her dad cause she's ashamed even though she goes about doing the same thing but under the guise of its for museums and not profit 🙃
Yes, she will Crusade around the world against the legacy of her cis male father. She'll wear a blm shirt too.

yurinka

Uncharted without Nate not sure i'd be excited about that.
I want a new Uncharted with Nate as main protagonist. They can make a prequel with untold aventures of a younger Nate and a playable younger Sully.

Or a sequel where Sully is mentoring/teaching/training the girl, they got in trouble and dissapear when discovering the Atlantis or something like that and Nate has to go to help them.

Add spectacular set pieces, stunning visuals, great action, some big adventure and get rid of the ones at Sony who hate white cis straight male protagonists. Uncharted is Nathan Drake, he must be the main protagonist.

I do my best to not be a hater, I know millions of people love these games but man, sometimes you just gotta move past an IP and work on something new.
Let Drake Die.
The studio has been growing, and their heads said they're interested on continuing with both Uncharted and TLOU and to make a new IP. It doesn't make sense to kill Nate.

Sony already creates a ton of new IPs, doesn't make sense to ask them leave Uncharted. Why don't you go to Nintendo and ask them to leave Mario, Pokemon and Zelda? Or to ask the others to stop making Halo, CoD, FIFA, AC, FF or RE? Doesn't make sense, these series make a lot of money and millions of fans want more of them.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Uncharted was meant to be a globetrotting Indiana jones right, so plenty of things to do in this franchise.

Nathan Drake story is done and I highly doubt they will bring him back. Spin off characters, Sully younger days or new protagonist with a soft-reboot makes more sense.
edit- also people should play Lost Legacy. It was really good.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Please fam don’t do this.

The old ND trilogy formula was what made them great. They kept it fresh.

Crash - trilogy.

Sly - trilogy.

Uncharted - 5 main instalments and a stand-alone expansion. More on the way?

PS should look at Xbox and the franchise fatigue that’s set in with Halo and Gears.

EDMIX

Please fam don’t do this.

The old ND trilogy formula was what made them great. They kept it fresh.

Crash - trilogy.

Sly - trilogy.

Uncharted - 5 main instalments and a stand-alone expansion. More on the way?

PS should look at Xbox and the franchise fatigue that’s set in with Halo and Gears.

Well why would they care if Naughty Dog also did The Last Of Us after? They are also doing a new IP now..

So I think the issue with XB with the whole Gears and Halo thing has more to do with it being the ONLY thing those 2 studios do for life now or something. I think Uncharted with a prequel with Sully can work or a different character in the future or something and if they have great ideas, I think they should go for it.

They are after all also working on a new IP and likely The Last Of Us 3, so its not like its just Uncharted we are getting, so I'm ok with the IP continuing under that context, I'd start to worry if that was all they did every gen or something lol

semi OT, that new IP better fucking be in Space doing outlaw shit

Fahdis

I don't understand these people who are talking about leaving a giant cash cow franchise off the table. Don't like it, then don't play it. No one cares if you like the formula or not. It's a light hearted adventure game with memorable characters that has a huge following.

Jaybe

seems like a nothingburger if I ever saw one. She’s just reminding people in her network that Naughty Dog made Uncharted, you know that blockbuster film that came out a few months back. Normal social media stuff to build up your career decision by association with what people know. People making something on this are desperate. Sony silence is making them do weird logical jumps.

In her post, McBrearty said she is “scouting for talent at every level” and it’s “special being able to be building future teams for not only new titles but for the legacy of Uncharted”.

Ellery

Please Sony we need an Event soon where we see what Naughty Dog is working on.

Next gen graphics start when Naughty Dog releases their first PS5 exclusive and next gen peaks when they release their last one.

FingerBang

Lost Legacy got a lot more fun when Sam showed up, felt more like Uncharted.

To me the pairing of Chloe and Nadine just didn't work all that well. Drake and Sully, Drake and Elena, Drake and Chloe, Drake and Sam all those pairing worked much better to me, I guess I just liked him much more as the main character.

Chloe didn't seem to have enough conflict within her to carry the game for me.
This, so much this. And don't get me wrong, I like Chloe a lot, but that kind of humor and personality is not something you find in a female protagonist.

I'd love something with both of them and the other characters. But come on, there's some room for Nate there too. He doesn't have to be the protagonist, but we all love him and he deserves to be in the game.

ksdixon

Sigh. I actually dislike seeing ND updates now because they're never about Factions 2. And even that Im hoping is gameplay as divorced from meaningful story beats as possible due to TLOU2's story.

The gameplay engine is the last petal left on the flower.

Top Bottom