• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog new 4chan "leak": Stray's Cross (PS5 VR); TLOU2: Dark Sides (MP+Abby DLC); Uncharted - Chronicles Edition

I believe it is fake. After all the hate Abby got (although I liked her character way more than Ellie), I highly doubt that they would make a DLC around her.
I do believe that Uncharted will come at one point to PC (it just makes sense business vise), but I doubt that they would put Golden Abyss in the collection. I heard it is a good game, but not on the same level as the main entries, so why pack in an inferior game, which is not required to understand the story.

mortal

Gold Member
You know what? A Naughty PS5 VR AAA exclusive sounds legitimately exciting to me. Even more so it were also a completely new IP.
Some of the physics based mechanics in TLOU 2, such as rope traversal & the rope puzzles made me wish they were in more 3D games. pretty neat stuff actually.
Which also made me think a AAA VR game developed by Naughty Dog devs would be pretty interesting. 120fps Naughty Dog game, crazy.

The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Has-The-Best-Rope-Physics.gif

The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Has-The-Best-Rope-Physics-2.gif

The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Has-The-Best-Rope-Physics-3.gif

I can defiantly imagine them getting even more granular with the detail and assets require for a staffing VR game. Lots of detail-oriented designers.
Say what you will about Neil Druckmann, however the quality of tech + art being produced by those Naughty Dog teams is pretty remarkable.

Damn, now I kind of want this part of the rumor to be legit, but being a 4chan sourced rumor brings with it a great deal of skepticism.

Last edited:
Mate no triple a game out there or ever has used it's budget on gizmos like vr, it'll waste resources and waster developing time and destroy a game that would otherwise be made with spectacular production become some client game.
Are you living under a rock? There's been a whole bunch of AAA VR games ports and native, and it has only improved most games.

FYI, Covid is still out there. Might want to stay under that rock. Wait, you don't know what Covid is? Well, nevermind. Just stay under that rock, good samaritan.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I’d kill for TLOUPII PS5 version and Uncharted series on PS5. Won’t hold my breath for Uncharted but I hav to assume ND is working on TLOUPII PS5 with factions.

SP DLC sounds delicious if true.

Gonna say it's fake, only because that stray cross rumor has been floating around on 4chan for a really really long ass time. With the previous rumors stating it starred a female and male protagonist in a steampunk setting. now it's time travel? lol.

Dafegamer

ND is not working on psvr2 titles people, c'mon 😒
Also ND porting golden abyss makes no sense. ND never worked on golden abyss, why would they port it? Also lol at meeting at companies Office, yeah right in the middle of pandemic 😒

VFXVeteran

Banned
ND is not working on psvr2 titles people, c'mon 😒
Also ND porting golden abyss makes no sense. ND never worked on golden abyss, why would they port it? Also lol at meeting at companies Office, yeah right in the middle of pandemic 😒
I asked my contact info about this and he told me that it was false (as far as he knows) except the space game. But he told me about that a long time ago.

Top Bottom