• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog new 4chan "leak": Stray's Cross (PS5 VR); TLOU2: Dark Sides (MP+Abby DLC); Uncharted - Chronicles Edition

Believing 4Chinchin's shitposting.
4G2HJOQ.jpg

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
I dont know what you guys expect from Naughty dog anymore? The studio you know and love died when Amy and the other director Neil kicked out left. Its a shell of its former self propped up by a slavish games media giving an extremely divisive game all the accolades in the world. Sony themselves had to go on censorship crusade against youtube channels to refrain from even talking about the disaster that was the last of us 2. After the first PR about it selling (shipping) 4 million we havent heard a peep about sales, keep in mind the first one sold like 20 million and was a beloved game. Naughty dog is a ghost. An overfunded over hyped corpse of a gaming studio.

Gamerguy84

Rumors or not one thing that's not even a question is great content is coming.

I've owned them all and every single system had the best library in gaming IMO. If they could pull it off with PS3 and it's crazy arch I have no doubt.

All first party, all the studios they are paying to make sWWS published games, and of course everything multiplatform. Throw in PSVR and the trend continues.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Are going to get a shadow of the colossus remaster of the remaster of the remaster of the original game?
0AiBYDq.jpg
mnclrAH.jpg
XqbPf4m.jpg

Honestly, we need those remastered because these are weird and unique games that you don't find elsewhere. Some games deserve a remaster, but overall and don't like the idea of spending too much on remasters. In that regard, I would love Sony to get Bluepoint to be their remaster/port powerhouse and let the other concentrate on original releases.

ethomaz

Banned
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I personally expected to hate Abby's section. In the end, I really enjoyed it. It was nice to play as Ellie once again, though.

Sportsman's bet here: the final chapter of The Last of Us will feature at least one section where Ellie and Abby are working together as allies. Abby will also have lost quite a lot more of her muscle (she was quite a bit thinner at the end of Part 2, if I remember rightly..?)
No sarcasm... Abby part was better in both gameplay and character development.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I dont know what you guys expect from Naughty dog anymore? The studio you know and love died when Amy and the other director Neil kicked out left. Its a shell of its former self propped up by a slavish games media giving an extremely divisive game all the accolades in the world. Sony themselves had to go on censorship crusade against youtube channels to refrain from even talking about the disaster that was the last of us 2. After the first PR about it selling (shipping) 4 million we havent heard a peep about sales, keep in mind the first one sold like 20 million and was a beloved game. Naughty dog is a ghost. An overfunded over hyped corpse of a gaming studio.
I’m playing Uncharted 4 at the moment (last played in 2016) and it’s completely jarring whenever The Terminator... I mean Nadine... just pops up and starts absolutely pummelling Nate like he’s a little bitch.

You can just tell that it’s Cuckmann’s wet dream that this strong, funny and confident white male character that everyone loves is humiliated and beaten. And then Elena pops back up in Chapter 17 and reminds everyone that you don’t have to literally physically beat the protagonists to a pulp to be a strong woman who everyone loves (but she’s white, so fuck her!)

The funniest is when The Terminator just fucking pops up in a window when you’re about 90 stories high in the jungle shanty town and absolutely twats Nate AND Sam. These 2 hardened bastards who have literally murdered thousands of henchmen in cold blood, their combined strength is completely dwarfed by this little woman who’s the size of a small child.

Embarrassing writing.

TimFL

Just give me TLoU MP in the style of GTAO or RDO... craft a big map, let me create my own character and focus on survival gameplay (escape hordes, loot food & resources and try not to get killed by other players).
If this is just a vanilla TDM style MP I‘m out... would love a great online zombie sandbox game for once before I fully retire from gaming.

I mean it surely has to be more than a lame BR game by now? How long has this standalone MP thing been in development for?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Abby DLC? No.

Set before the final chapter? Even bigger no.

Ellie DLC after the final chapter and I would have been a little tempted even though I hate the story of the second game.
Ellie dlc after final chapter? Oh you don't get the story at all then

Just to make sure - here is a grain of salt.

grain-of-salt.jpg
If this is true then jim Ryan has officially killed PlayStation 5 basically there's no nextgen uncharted or any nextgen ps5 game from naughty dog it's just a bunch of the old PS3 recycled games as if remasters weren't already boring lastgen and a brand new psvr gizmo game to play with ur cat... what a pointless generation this isn't turning out to be... buying a switch looks even more enticing everytime I see news about nextgen consoles.

Snakey125

Stray's Cross will be the first new IP, sci-fi, AAA, created by the Naughty Dog studio for PS5 and compatible with the PSVR2. A short clip shows the protagonist, with a first-person view, during a shooting as he crosses portals that lead to different eras, from modern to Egyptian, from futuristic to prehistoric
Vyn01IF.jpg

Sooooooo This in VR but with modern graphics?

BenG

Neo Member
Could not give less of a fuck what new games ND works on after TLoU2 but I'll take another Uncharted collection on PC. U2 and even 3 are still pretty decent.

yurinka

I think it's fake.

If they make a PS5 remake of Golden Abbyss (in addition to upgrade visuals they would need to rework controls and UI), I think they'll sell it separatedly before including it in any collection. That remake, like Demon's Souls one, would count as PS5 title so wouldn't go to PC because Sony mentioned that their upcoming PC ports are PS4 games.

But I think it's pretty likely that Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection will get a PS5 version and PC port to get higher fps and resolution.

I won't buy an Abby DLC. I will only play a TLOU2 MP DLC if it's free.

ND making a new IP as their main game to develop after TLOU2? Sure, makes sens. A sci-fi game? Yes, it was already rumored with Savage Starlight and so on. But everhing else about it in this rumor sounds fake as hell. VR, first person... and specially when mentioned 'he' as main character. Something hard to believe, unless we're talking about a trans black furry gay man who kills white straight men to end with the patriarchy an so on.

Yeah if this is true that's really shocking. The ps brand probably won't be what is was 6 years from now with how things are going. They will be a 3rd party pub in no time.
Bullshit.

In their most recent last report, they posted the highest revenue ever seen for a console platform holder for that quarter and calendar year and the best launch quarter ever seen for a console. PS4 is also breaking ltd records launch aligned at the point of its life cycle in terms in terms of hardware, software and service sales, and their 1st party games are selling better than ever did. They are better than anyone else has ever been, so they will continue with their current strategy with some minor tweaks here and there to continue slowly growing.

They will dominate this generation again, and outside PS they will only have some PC ports of previous gen ports and PS Now. In fact, I think their domination will be bigger because since day one all the Xbox exclusives will be on PC and in Gamepass, so there will be less people interested to buy an Xbox for them than in the previous generation.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
If this is true then jim Ryan has officially killed PlayStation 5 basically there's no nextgen uncharted or any nextgen ps5 game from naughty dog it's just a bunch of the old PS3 recycled games as if remasters weren't already boring lastgen and a brand new psvr gizmo game to play with ur cat... what a pointless generation this isn't turning out to be... buying a switch looks even more enticing everytime I see news about nextgen consoles.
Naughty's dogs been dead and id say it falls more on Herman Hulst and shu yoshida. But yeah Jim ryan is shady too.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that Naughty Dog are making Everybody's Golf VR 2. The only playable character announced so far is Abby.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
All Uncharted re-re mastered, you had me at hello. And a ps5 update for thlou2, better be free or cheap, I'll pay for the add on happily though.

elco

Factions was one of my fav games last gen. I will pass it up without a second thought, just like I did BF5, if they include any ties to more identity/gender politics.

I held out on reading any TLOU2 reviews for fear of spoiling the story. Never again is ND getting that benefit of the doubt. Entertain me, take my money, and keep your politics out of my face; or quickly fuck off.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Who says there's anything to explain? I just wanna play as the guy again.

Is there more to explain with Abby?
There's quite a few spoiler questions I can ask about Abby and the person she travels with. I can only think of one with Joel: what happened between the intro of TLOU 1 and the time skip? That's all explained through nuance though.

ksdixon

God I hope this is true.

But seriously, I love the gameplay, can anyone suggest a way to get through the story to enjoy the gameplay?

Abby DLC would make sense if her section wasnt included in the original game to double its gameplay time. They literally went with her from her childhood, to her love life to current events. What would they make the story about now? Abby and her dog and how the dog got killed and that's when she decided to go for steroids?

VFXVeteran

Banned

Just to make sure - here is a grain of salt.

grain-of-salt.jpg
My source didn't tell me about Uncharted Collection but it does sound probable. I told people about that space game awhile ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom