• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog new 4chan "leak": Stray's Cross (PS5 VR); TLOU2: Dark Sides (MP+Abby DLC); Uncharted - Chronicles Edition

Bartski

Gold Member
From an internal source of the marketing department of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios, I read an email regarding the latest developments from a recent presentation meeting held in the company's offices, between the Naughty Dog development teams and Sony's corporate marketing department. . The meeting illustrated the medium-term plans that are still set for the current fiscal year 2021. The meeting began with a brief presentation of the new Uncharted Chronicle Edition for PC and PS5. A new collection that includes all the games released in the franchise from PS3 games to the latest released on PS4, and which also includes Uncharted Golden Abyss. With upgrades for fps, textures and resolution. [Uncharted Chronicles Edition launch is currently set for 2021 on PC and PS5]
The second project shown, with a long gameplay video, was the standalone expansion, The Last of Us Part 2 - Dark Sides (PS4 / PS5). This great expansion will not just create a multiplayer mode for the game, but a lot more. The Last of Us Part 2 - Dark Sides expansion add:
  • a brand new chapter dedicated to the Abby character
  • the multiplayer mode
  • and the Battle Royal mode Set chronologically before the final chapter of the main game, the story of The Last of Us Part 2 - Dark Sides will add a new chapter dedicated to Abby, and a discovery that will bring to light the truths hidden in her memories of her past, and that will spur her towards her new and future goal. [The Last of Us Part 2 - Dark Sides release date is currently set for Q1 2022]
The meeting seems to have concluded with a short video of the new IP in development. Stray's Cross. Stray's Cross will be the first new IP, sci-fi, AAA, created by the Naughty Dog studio for PS5 and compatible with the PSVR2. A short clip shows the protagonist, with a first-person view, during a shooting as he crosses portals that lead to different eras, from modern to Egyptian, from futuristic to prehistoric. And although the publication date of this new IP has not been finalized, the studio is doing its utmost to create an experience as interactive as possible. [also specifying how the announcement of the Uncharted - Chronicles Collection, and The Last of Us Part 2 - Dark Sides are still scheduled for fiscal year 2021]

Just to make sure - here is a grain of salt.

grain-of-salt.jpg

Last edited:

Hugare

First person game from ND?

Doubtful

And the leak doesnt go into details for anything. Sci fi game, but no details about story or characters. "Multiplayer mode" for TLOU, but no details.

I dont buy it

Ar¢tos

Golden Abyss is going to need a ton of work on those low res graphics and to remove all the touch controls, but it is the only one I'm looking for playing on ps5, all other uncharteds are a borefest.

Tommi84

Upgraded version of Lost Legacy, U4 and U2? Count me in. Super stoked for Lost Legacy especially, that game will look glorious with updated textures and fps count

Airbus Jr

Banned
Damn Jim Ryan really gona port Uncharted to PC

Playstation exclusive are slowly gone now

Do i really need to buy PS5 to play god of war? Probably not since Jimbo Ryan going to bring it to PC someday

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
This sounds great and believable to me. The only thing I question is the timeline. I would imagine that the last of us 2 expansion would come first, though they certainly could ship more ports of uncharted quickly as well. The pc port of uncharted makes a lot of sense as well, given it's an older franchise that will likely be abandoned after this release. 6 triple A games for $70 would be a great deal assuming it includes lost legacy. I wonder if they will waste time on the multiplayer? I'm in for all 3 given their track record.

Bartski

Gold Member
Actually making that a PSVR2 launch title would be absolutely insane.
That and Half-Life Alyx. COME ON JIMBO

All leaks with Stray Cross in it are false, this name was on different leaks and everything else was bullshit. At this point it's just a running joke.

Naughty Dog already said they were done with story DLC because they think it's not worth it.

Kokoloko85

Id buy. I think a VR game will be big and its gonna take companies like NAughty Dog,Valve and Rockstar to take VR to the next level.

But Id like them to make a New 3rd Person IP too. Like those images we saw that were fantasy based.

onesvenus

The bit about the new IP sounds great. Portals to change between worlds, like the ones in R&C, seem like a good way to create experiences only possible on the PS5

Saber

Gold Member
If this is true will be one of my rare occasions when I can very very easly ignore all of this. Easy pass.

Rob_27

i wouldnt mind playing a new take on Golden Abyss for PS5. I still have it on Vita. Wasn't too bad.

Voidout

Damn Jim Ryan really gona port Uncharted to PC

Playstation exclusive are slowly gone now

Do i really need to buy PS5 to play god of war? Probably not since Jimbo Ryan going to bring it to PC someday
Yeah if this is true that's really shocking. The ps brand probably won't be what is was 6 years from now with how things are going. They will be a 3rd party pub in no time.

Chukhopops

The rumor about Strays cross is actually from 2019, just google it and you’ll see. I don’t know if it’s true but I don’t really trust ND to make a good sci-fi story. The rest I won’t judge since I didn’t play TLOU2.

Top Bottom