• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog made female characters less feminine to be trans friendly (No Spoilers)

Rikoi

As far as my avatar not dropping panties, that's the most retarded shit I've read all day and I read most of this thread. So there's that. I guess I should post a picture of some good looking dude because then that means i'm good looking right?
I don't think he was making fun of your avatar in that way though.
He was just memeing a facial reaction to the posts.

Keihart

So for a woman to be attractive they should wear makeup and have bigger boobs than the ones on TLoU?
Delusional, tomboys like Ellie are the main characters and loved at that for being so in countless fiction works since the 1800's, but now someone like Ellie looks like a man?
How about you wear makeup and wear pushup bras while killing clickers and doing hard labor.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Knock off the personal attacks and insult theatrics.

Phobia Phobia , I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are getting fired up because you don't recognize when you are being a little bit trolled, but don't dig your own grave here.

Either report, bow out, or respond in a less hostile manner.

vpance

And thats where its extreamly inaccurate those shops would be scrapping by we have had world wars were platoons and entire armies starved to death. And thats with them getting supply drops and support from local residents.

I mean civilization would be going back to pure hunting and limited farming to survive which I don’t see any weirdness with. Probably like 95% of humanity is dead and there would be plenty of wildlife to kill. It’s all the other stuff surrounding the game’s plot and characters which is jarring.

So much hostility surrounding this game in this topic and in others from it's fanboys and it's haters. Is this what Neil meant when the theme was hate? Mission accomplished I guess.

I mean, what happened to this topic? Dear haters, please take a chill pill and go play a game you do enjoy. I promise that you will be much happier for it.

Dear fans and fanboys, please just go play your game and ignore these people instead of continuing this neverending bitch fest. You all will be much happier for it.

Last edited:
I mean civilization would be going back to pure hunting and limited farming to survive which I don’t see any weirdness with. Probably like 95% of humanity is dead and there would be plenty of wildlife to kill. It’s all the other stuff surrounding the game’s plot and characters which is jarring.
civilization would go back to a pure hunting type life style but the type of food that they serve in TLOU2 wouldn't be anything like that. For you to make something like a burrito unless your fine with no spice or anything that wouldn't be something you just willy nilly just have on hand. Same thing with the steak sandwiches and the supplies to make that stuff may or may not be in that area.

Umbral

Boobs consist mostly of fat. Broadly speaking less food = less fat.

And like I said. If you want to make a game where every woman has DDD cup boobs, then go for it. Even if you don't want to make a game, I'm sure you'll be able to find a dozen or two where that is the case.
If Naughty Dog want to make a game where ladies have small boobies, then that's fine too.

Besides, what's wrong with small boobs anyway? Boobs are boobs, I take them any size and shape they come in.
If we take your argument of food supply affecting breast size, then how does Abby have enough food to be bigger than all the men in her crew? Less food can’t explain the breast argument because it would then highlight Abby’s body being unattainable. Unless you concede that Abby‘s physique is unrealistic and shouldn’t be in the game?

P.S. It’s unattainable for women without steroids and/or testosterone in the modern first-world, let alone the world of TLOU.

lock2k

Banned
If we take your argument of food supply affecting breast size, then how does Abby have enough food to be bigger than all the men in her crew? Less food can’t explain the breast argument because it would then highlight Abby’s body being unattainable. Unless you concede that Abby‘s physique is unrealistic and shouldn’t be in the game?

P.S. It’s unattainable for women without steroids and/or testosterone in the modern first-world, let alone the world of TLOU.
Exactly.

My take is that those degenerates hate titties so much because they've been on soymilk since birth lol. While the breastfed guys grew up more intelligent and loving the fuck out of boobs. Total titty envy. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Cool theory, neckbeard.
images

Scotty W

He added: “This is only true for trans people. A trans woman can’t naturally grow large breasts, and not all trans people can afford implants. If you see a game where the women are a little less curvy, it’s not to because the game designers are worried about receiving backlash for sexualising women, it’s because they are worried about offending the trans community.”

Not all tran people are able to ‘pass’. Soooo, all females in all games should be altered so that they don’t, or barely pass. And this change should be retroactive as well, for current day games back to the XBox 360 generation. Failure to allow these updates should be met with a ban.

Burger

Of course they didn’t want to bodyscan her.

Her tits are problematic.

Stop looking for conspiracies where there likely are none. This is a fictional game, with fictional characters. It's ridiculous to suggest that it was problematic for them to give a character large breasts. Where would you even get such an idea? You are suggesting that the character artists were wrong, that the art itself is wrong based on your weird ideas of what should have been.

Here is the actress who played Dina, voice and performance capture:

857889e70aa2c38a7985dff3f0ec7e11.jpg

Lordani66

Banned
Oh please, go the fucking gym and see. Check out a crossfit competition, etc

Women can be very muscular. These fucking snowflakes gets so triggered at the sight of physical strength in a woman, it's pathetic. You would think ND had modeled a woman after Dwayne Jonhson or something.

And if that's somehow the norm now, and "women no longer look like women" in games, put up or shut up. "Oh it's the norm now" Oh is it? Where?
MUSCULAR, doesn't make their fucking bone structure become masculine you mong.

Jon Neu

Banned
Stop looking for conspiracies where there likely are none.

What conspiracies? The director of the game literally has said his games have an agenda based on third wave feminism and Anita Sarkeesian politics. And that he introduces that agenda through (female) character design.

Then you see the female characters of The Last Of Us and yes, the agenda is obvious.

Of course they wouldn’t model the body of Dina after the actress who has big boobs. Let’s search another one with a more third wave feminism accepted body.

Again, for Neil Cuckmann, big boobs in a videogame are problematic.

Last edited:
What conspiracies? The director of the game literally has said his games have an agenda based on third wave feminism and Anita Sarkeesian politics. And that he introduces that agenda through (female) character design.

Then you see the female characters of The Last Of Us and yes, the agenda is obvious.

Of course they wouldn’t model the body of Dina after the actress who has big boobs. Let’s search another one with a more third wave feminism acceptes body.

I love you, broski :pie_sfwth:

Burger

Of course they wouldn’t model the body of Dina after the actress who has big boobs. Let’s search another one with a more third wave feminism accepted body.

So Dina is less feminine because she has average sized boobs? The size of your breasts determines your level of femininity?

What Druckmann is referring to when you misquote him is not related to anything you are moaning about.

I remember having a huge argument with Jim Ryan about this and he threw the dishes at me and yelled about how much he's given to this company. I told him that I understood his frustrations but he didn't want to listen. He was seeing red the entire time and I told him "......I have an idea!" and so the next hour or so, we talked to Neil and spoke to him about adding visibility options where you can ser each character in red for those with visual impairments and anger issues like Jim. He happily agreed and told us that he's sorry about going the extra mile with the transgender angle but he will make up for it by adding a DLC for the upcoming PS5 definitive edition where players can play the single-player campaign in a new mode called "Normative Heterosexuality Mode" where everyone in the game is "straight as an early 2000's Gillette Razor Blade", Neil quipped. Me and Jim Ryan laughed it off and had passionate homosexual sex later that night.

Jon Neu

Banned
So Dina is less feminine because she has average sized boobs? The size of your breasts determines your level of femininity?

Ask Cuckmann those questions, not me.

What Druckmann is referring to when you misquote him is not related to anything you are moaning about.

Misquoting :messenger_grimmacing_

Please, explain to us what is Cuckmann actually refering to and why that has actually nothing to do with third wave feminism or Anita Sarkeesian.

Lordani66

Banned
Nice denial of reality. Yes, just as smaller muscles in men determine lower level of masculinity. That's how BIOLOGY works, I guess you should have known his by 5th grade or so. Also, her boobs aren't average, they are clearly below that.

Burger

Ask Cuckmann those questions, not me.

The fact you can’t even say his name shows how riled up you are. Neil Druckmann is allowed to make a game based on his personal politics. So are you.

A piece of art that actually reflects some parts of reality - instead of the hyper sexualised female characters you’ve been accustomed to your whole life - makes you angry shows that you maybe have some personal learning to go through.

Jon Neu

Banned
Neil Druckmann is allowed to make a game based on his personal politics. So are you.

Oh, I see you are now backpedalling. We have gone from conspiracies and misquotes to acknowledge that Cuckmann is making the politics he proudly has said he is making.

That’s good.

A piece of art that actually reflects some parts of reality - instead of the hyper sexualised female characters you’ve been accustomed to your whole life - makes you angry shows that you maybe have some personal learning to go through

Angry? Dude, this game and my man Cuckmann are my greatest source of enjoyment in the videogame industry since months and months ago. Since the leaks got out this shit has been and epic ride and an incredible hilarious shitshow. God fucking bless him.

We are just pointing out the hypocrisy of Cuckmann’s politics and making fun of their silly logic. Of course he is entitled to do the game he wants, chill dude :messenger_grimmacing_

Burger

Oh, I see you are now backpedalling. We have gone from conspiracies and misquotes to acknowledge that Cuckmann is making the politics he proudly has said he is making.

That’s good.

Angry? Dude, this game and my man Cuckmann are my greatest source of enjoyment in the videogame industry since months and months ago. Since the leaks got out this shit has been and epic ride and an incredible hilarious shitshow. God fucking bless him.

We are just pointing out the hypocrisy of Cuckmann’s politics and making fun of their silly logic. Of course he is entitled to do the game he wants, chill dude :messenger_grimmacing_

All I see is manchildren complaining about the femininity of videogame characters based on the size of their arms or breasts. Too big, too small. Doesn't fit my worldview etc. It's as if nothing else defines them as women, not their personalities, emotions, desires or any other quality - it's all about the shape.

The conspiracy is that you lot somehow feel that a videogame threatens you, is even about you, or that a piece of art is some sort of new world order propaganda and undermines the fabric of normal society. Get a grip.

Humdinger

Quite the contrary. The most masculine woman is still leagues behind of men in athleticism and strenght.

The women who would survive are the hotter ones, because they will mate with the most powerful men.

And men wouldn't just select for attractiveness, but for personality as well -- kindness, gentleness, and caring. The bitter, angry feminists wouldn't last too long.

lock2k

Banned
Stop looking for conspiracies where there likely are none. This is a fictional game, with fictional characters. It's ridiculous to suggest that it was problematic for them to give a character large breasts. Where would you even get such an idea? You are suggesting that the character artists were wrong, that the art itself is wrong based on your weird ideas of what should have been.

Here is the actress who played Dina, voice and performance capture:

857889e70aa2c38a7985dff3f0ec7e11.jpg
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/emily-ratajkowski-says-her-breasts-wont-get-her-work-2017-7?amp

Just look at this example. This story was posted in 2017. It has been happening for a while. Third wave feminism is the communism of beauty "if I'm an ugly whale bitch I'll outlaw beauty so I can feel better for looking bad" - this is their mentality. And actual beauties infected by the ideology will willingly uglify themselves to make their ugly sistas feel better.

Enjoying tits nowadays is like some occult forbidden fruit Alester Crowley shit.

Last edited:

Silvawuff

I just read the OP's article, and it spits out like some inflammatory tabloid article. A lot of it is conjecture or heavy spin with very little basis in fact. I feel like we get some outrage du jour every video game release about something. I'm kind of curious what the response would be if they changed out the trans character for a black one and had them beaten by a racist cult or something, especially given our current "woke" culture state.

Owen is clearly bigger than Abby.

jigglet

Banned
I think it's totally fine what ND did and I respect their freedom of artistic expression.

However I can't defend how condescending they've been when responding to criticism though. People have the freedom to object and critique. What I've seen so far are the devs being completely pretentious fucks about the way they've dealt with that feedback. I remember reading one of the dev's tweets and rolling my eyes so damn hard thinking....these are the same guys arguing for freedom of expression yet they're talking down to anyone else that does the same? Really???

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
All I see is manchildren complaining about the femininity of videogame characters based on the size of their arms or breasts. Too big, too small. Doesn't fit my worldview etc. It's as if nothing else defines them as women, not their personalities, emotions, desires or any other quality - it's all about the shape.

Shit, you made me cry with that last part. I have never thought that women could have feelings too. Beautiful, brave and stunning. I have learned a valuable life lesson today.

But look, videogames have had all kinds of characters since forever and nobody cared. What we are seeing is not organic character and plot development, but the result of a certain modern ideology being infused into videogames.

Then we see the patterns, the hypocrisy, the cringe and we make fun of that ideology and criticize it. That’s all there is, really.

Yet you always come running complaining and strawmaning that we just want big anime titties to fap for, that we want women with no personalities (I mean, have you played the game? The women on it are hardly the characters with the greatest personalities ever) and other typical angry ad hominems when you are just faced with the criticism of an ideology.

The conspiracy is that you lot somehow feel that a videogame threatens you, is even about you, or that a piece of art is some sort of new world order propaganda and undermines the fabric of normal society. Get a grip

More silly strawmans.

I mean, dude, literally the motherfucking creator of this games says he has this secret agenda based on third wave feminism and Anita Sarkeesian that he infuses into his games and his character designs.

It’s not a conspiracy, it’s a fact.

Why is always handwaving it all as muh bigot conspirationists the favourite defense of the people like you?

Don’t answer, it’s a rhetorical question.

Jon Neu

Banned
I just got to the point where Abby looks like a brolic bitch.

broly_power_maximum_by_the_vash_ddij6pa-200h.jpg

Maybe my man Cuckmann is a DBZ fan and Abby is an homage to Broly, the DBZ character with the most complex personality ever.

The similarities are astonishing. Broly is also a brilliantly written deconstruction of the cycle of violence and the futility of revenge. And also an essay on how we all are the heroes of our own stories, erasing the archetypical roles of good and evil. It really makes you think.

It makes so much sense.

b7f.gif

Business

Yes, how is this even controversial?

Depictions of feminine figures since the dawn of humanity show feminine traits, that is disproportionally large breasts or wide hips/big ass or all together. That goes on from 25.000 years ago to a more realistic style from the Greeks to the Renaissance. None of these will show Ellie's or specially Abby's body type when sculpting a feminine figure, because guess what, these are not very feminine body types. Dina's body is perfectly feminine, but it is more feminine with bigger breasts than with smaller breasts, it's not rocket science.

FALCON_KICK

Exactly.

Noselina given the hot girl role is only possible in a feminist setting.

Like how in the Saved By The Bell reboot the hot girl of the school is this goblin:

It’s only possible in a very political setting.

Totah began her career playing male roles but publicly came out as a trans woman in August 2018, changing her first name to Josie.

Last edited:

Jackic

If that statement was true and naughty dog is trying to appeal to a transexual audience, how many more copies sold would actually justify doing something like this?

After all, It is a business.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Yes, how is this even controversial?

Depictions of feminine figures since the dawn of humanity show feminine traits, that is disproportionally large breasts or wide hips/big ass or all together. That goes on from 25.000 years ago to a more realistic style from the Greeks to the Renaissance. None of these will show Ellie's or specially Abby's body type when sculpting a feminine figure, because guess what, these are not very feminine body types. Dina's body is perfectly feminine, but it is more feminine with bigger breasts than with smaller breasts, it's not rocket science.

Its sad you even have to explain this to people.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Where does abby get all that juice in the post apocalypse? Sounds to me like drukman has a fetish for muscular women.

Top Bottom