• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Explains Why It Likely Won't Make Another Jak and Daxter Game

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Tl:Dr:

Druckmann can't find a way to make tranny characters and lbgt infestations into the world and therefore canning the franchise.

mortal

Gold Member
I don't understand why some are upset by this honestly. Most, if not all, of the creative leads behind the Jak & Daxter games have long left Naughty Dog.
Even if modern-day Naughty Dog were to develop a new entry, I doubt many would even consider it to be a worthy entry.
I suspect that many really just want remakes of the original trilogy like Crash.

After the reception of TLOU Part II, not many other modern developers can elicit intentse reactions like Naughty Dog.
That intense love and intense hate is a wonderful place to be cretaively imo, certainly better than indifference.
Whatever direction Naughty Dog decide to go this gen, most people will be glued without a doubt.

Esppiral

Why do people associate cartoony games with Kids? Lol you really need to grow up 'cuz that way of thinking really is kiddie.

mortal

Gold Member
Why do people associate cartoony games with Kids? Lol you really need to grow up 'cuz that way of thinking really is kiddie.
Maybe because the vast majority of them are marketed at kids and younger audiences in general?
Obviously, you can still enjoy cartoons as an adult, but it's not like the association is an irrational one.

Fbh

Cartoony or not, I just want them to release a new IP. That used to be one of the fun aspects of Naughty Dog, now they spent the entire Ps4 gen working on sequels and it sounds like the next big thing we'll get from them is a TLOU Multiplayer.

Though with Druckmann in charge I don't see them doing something cartoony. He needs to make something serious and "mature" so he can continue being a frustrated movie director wannabe.
Shame that the secondary team is probably going to be in charge of the TLOU multiplayer, leaving Druckmann open to make more of his crap with the next big single player game.

Last edited:

GymWolf

For the same reason why people think that realistic games are just boring walk simulators most probably.

Last edited:

Impotaku

Basically, if you want to play some kiddy shit with no substance, crap graphics, and just regular video gamey shit, there's an entire industry out there for you.

ND only makes visceral masterpieces now, good.

I'm so happy with this direction
513ED97GbAS._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
This is all bullshit. They could make anything into a masterpiece given time. Druckmann is too busy creating characters like Abb... aaahh fuck it. Lost cause.

All they literally have to do is follow the template from the Precursor Legacy. Its the best one anyways.
Your Pepe face is how I feel about The Last of Us 2. I loved the first game and had a decent time playing the second game, but after Joel died I kinda just had that face for the rest of the game. Hopefully if they make Part 3 the characters and plot will be much more interesting.

mckmas8808

Banned
This is all bullshit. They could make anything into a masterpiece given time. Druckmann is too busy creating characters like Abb... aaahh fuck it. Lost cause.

All they literally have to do is follow the template from the Precursor Legacy. Its the best one anyways.

1. Abby is a great character
2. Maybe Druckkman should ask Sony for more money to open a new\small studio within ND?.....

Justin9mm

nonsense. the real reason is they can't find a way to make the game and use it to push their bullshit.

the last of us was a fantastic game and we got TLOU2 because they can find a way to put their woke shite into it. loads of fans didn't even want a sequel because they felt the game wrapped up joel + ellie's story well. that didn't stop ND going ahead with it. do we need a TLOU3? nope but i bet you we'll be getting it rammed down our throats at some point.
Rammed down our throats? No one is asking you to buy or like the game. So now developers have to make games based on what gamers decide and not just whatever they are passionate about? So you should have choice but they shouldn't? You are what's wrong with gaming culture, you are self entitled.

So what if they want to make LOU3, you don't have to like it or buy it. I'm tired of gamers thinking they have the right to decide what's right and wrong. Go make your own games or better yet take up another hobby and quit bitching about woke shit.. We are all past that, get over it!

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Nobody is ramming anything down anybody's throat. If you don't want to play it then don't but many people do.
Yup. All I ask for if they make a TLOU 3 is a streamlined story not broken up with either Ellie or Abby or a new main character

Tommy would work too

Hobbygaming

Cartoony or not, I just want them to release a new IP. That used to be one of the fun aspects of Naughty Dog, now they spent the entire Ps4 gen working on sequels and it sounds like the next big thing we'll get from them is a TLOU Multiplayer.

Though with Druckmann in charge I don't see them doing something cartoony. He needs to make something serious and "mature" so he can continue being a frustrated movie director wannabe.
Shame that the secondary team is probably going to be in charge of the TLOU multiplayer, leaving Druckmann open to make more of his crap with the next big single player game.
Watch Naughty Dog's next IP be fire, people are sleeping on ND

Fbh

Watch Naughty Dog's next IP be fire, people are sleeping on ND

I definitely hope so.

I personally wasn't too much into their PS4 output (found both Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 disappointing, though still fun).

So I'm crossing my fingers they get back to the top tier status (at least to me) this gen

Hobbygaming

I definitely hope so.

I personally wasn't too much into their PS4 output (found both Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 disappointing, though still fun).

So I'm crossing my fingers they get back to the top tier status (at least to me) this gen
UC4 is my favorite game of last generation. I think their next game will be less polarizing than TLOU II

Breaking news :
Evan and Neil are grown ups now, they don’t want to play with their children toys anymore. Evan won’t even give his nana a kiss in public, and Neil has sold all his cascada albums and only listen to my chemical romance now.
(Which explains tlou2 edgy tone and lame revenge storyline 😂)
  • "Dad was such a drag. Every day he'd eat the same kind of food, dress the same, sit in front of the same kind of game. Yeah, he was just that kind of guy, but then one day he goes and kills us all! He couldn't even be original about the way he did it. I'm not complaining, I was dying of boredom, anyway. But guess what? I will be coming back, and I'm bringing my new toys with me."

Top Bottom