• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Doctrine. Remembering Difficulty over 9000

BreakOut

I was looking through some of my older games today and I found a copy of natural doctrine on PlayStation 4. I don’t know why but I started thinking about it pretty heavily and watching a few YouTube videos about it. I had forgotten how ridiculously difficult that game was. Hard to understand and even more hard to actually do. I remember why I gave up on it, you could be in one mission for two hours and lose at the end and have to redo the whole damn thing because you started wrong. I remember a lot of the fights being semi based on luck. I’m wondering did anyone hear ever beat that game? And has anyone here ever played it far enough to really get to a point where they could establish a play style? Because I just remember trying to push through missions and hoping to hell my characters dodged or enemies missed and shit.

It has a fascinating and quite novel game system but much of its structure was not well arranged.
One day I will replay it just to save Vasiliy.

I beat the game on PS4. Really great game with great strategy. No luck involved. You have to understand the unique mechanics of the game though. It' not like any other strategy/RPG. I had to retry a few early missions but after that it was a breeze when you understand how to play and the optimal strategies to follow for each map. Good story and characters too. Give it another try.

Last edited:

subsmoke

I loved this game. It's one of the few challenging turn based RPGs out there. It's hard but not unbeatable once you figure out the combat system.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I actually have it on the ps4 version.

The game itself is challenging, although the characters are in my opinion generic, I was struck by the cover art and the level of difficulty that is too hard.

With the arrival of other video games, I left it in oblivion... Thanks for reminding me, I have it pending.

just look the screen, a lot of words in the gameplay

natural_doctrine-2590651.jpg

Last edited:

ranmafan

This is still one of my favorite ps4/vita games. I loved how the game tried some different ideas for a srpg and it’s difficulty was such a refreshing challenge. Sure it has its rough spots but when it came to gameplay it was fantastic.

Top Bottom