• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NASA's Juno probe sends back new images of Jupiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that scale is wrong, too. You should be able to fit three earths into the circumference of the dark spot, while the scaling of the image suggests that you'd be able to fit about one earth into it.

So yeah, Jupiter is fucking enormous.

perhaps that scale was wrong when it was made, however i remember reading recently that the great red spot has shrunk significantly since its discovery in the 1800s. so the "storm" is ending.

Peltz

tumblr_mbekf5lD1B1rcqnnxo1_r1_500.gif

Sephzilla

Jupiter is awesome but simultaneously scary as fuck. It's a massive storm out of your worst nightmares that would swallow our entire planet whole and not even notice

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Jupiter is awesome but simultaneously scary as fuck. It's a massive storm out of your worst nightmares that would swallow our entire planet whole and not even notice

I'm not checking, but I assume I have already posted this instruction in this very thread:

Watch 2010. great sci fi film and underrated IMO, but presents Jupiter as a kind of hulking villain.

Jupiter itself has a healthy amount of responsibility for the inner solar system existing and, to a degree, us, IIRC.

andthebeatgoeson

Even if we could send our nukes to Jupiter, wouldn't the radiation kill our electronics? Maybe it would have to be based on height. Radiation fucks up everything, including all our electronics. It would probably just fall into the plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom