• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naraka: Bladepoint Is a Battle Royale for Fighting Game Fans

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Want a little more swordplay in your battle royale? Check out our preview of Naraka: Bladepoint, a battle royale from developers 24 Entertainment, with a central focus on fast paced and action packed melee combat. This preview will cover the ways in which Naraka is both similar and different from other Battle Royales, along with giving some impressions of the deep melee combat system that it employs.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch a few minutes of Naraka: Bladepoint exclusive PS5 gameplay.

Naraka: Bladepoint is a 60-player action battle royale. Offering players impressive mobility with a grappling hook and parkour moves, it features a huge arsenal of ranged and melee weapons. Naraka: Bladepoint's roster is packed with powerful characters, each equipped with special abilities. It'll also introduce a brand-new resurrection system. Transform into a gigantic Vajra Warrior and prepare to destroy your enemies.

Naraka: Bladepoint will release on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on August 12, 2021. Its console versions, including PlayStation 5, are currently in development.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here's a quick look at Naraka: Bladepoint before you jump into the fray.

Naraka: Bladepoint is a 60-player action battle royale game with a variety of melee, ranged weapons, abilities, and unique movement options. There's a lot to unpack, but here's a quick look at Naraka: Bladepoint before you jump into the fray, which is available now on PC.

Last edited:

Techies

I'm starting to miss the bots. People are starting to get the hang of this game, even in the lower ranks.
I'm enjoying it though.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this video, we go over the GameSpot Review for Naraka Bladepoint which was done by Justing Clark.

Naraka Bladepoint's sharp new take on the Battle Royale formula gets off to a promising, but slightly awkward start.

If absolutely nothing else, be grateful to Naraka Bladepoint for being one of a scant few battle royale titles where getting one-shotted by someone hiding in a shrub three football fields away isn't a danger. That by itself makes it welcoming in a way the genre tends to ignore. But lurking beneath that relative ease and approachability is a shrewd game of wuxia-inspired combat that demandsfar more steelfrom its players--and we're not just talking about swords and spears.

Closer

Looks almost like GunZ. Gonna follow this real close from now on. Thanks OP.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Watched some stream and videos and read it's coming to PS5, has anyone had any hands on with it on PC? IGN gave it an 8 , minor issues with network, they mention issues with bots being a bottleneck in the fun but overall pleased with it.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Naraka: Bladepoint reviewed by Kyle Campbell on PC, also available on PlayStation 5.

Superb melee combat and gravity-defying movement make Naraka: Bladepoint a clever spin on the familiar battle royale formula.

Gold_Loot

Watched some stream and videos and read it's coming to PS5, has anyone had any hands on with it on PC? IGN gave it an 8 , minor issues with network, they mention issues with bots being a bottleneck in the fun but overall pleased with it.
It’s pretty great actually. Very refreshing game design and not just a typical BR shooter.

Think Apex with combined with Soul Caliber

As far as bots, you only fight them n the first few bronze levels. Once you level up a bit , you fight mostly humans.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
It’s pretty great actually. Very refreshing game design and not just a typical BR shooter.

Think Apex with combined with Soul Caliber

As far as bots, you only fight them n the first few bronze levels. Once you level up a bit , you fight mostly humans.
I like the idea, get a feel for the game mechanics and the character. I might actually get this when it releases on PS5. I was interested in Hunter's Arena but the bad reviews killed it for me. I never got into BDOs BG , it seems similar.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the Naraka Bladepoint Yueshan gameplay trailer to see the new Naraka: Bladepoint hero in action.

Naraka: Bladepoint's new season welcomes a new hero, a historic dagger, and more. The new Naraka: Bladepoint hero is called Yueshan and is based on Chinese history during the warring states period. Yueshan's abilities include shoulder-charging at opponents and knocking them over to land the first hit. Yueshan's ultimate ability also turns him into a Terracotta warrior, whose lethal halbert can cut down enemies in his path with ease.

Players will also receive The Equestrian Blade in-game dagger as a thank you for their continued support. 24 Entertainment has teamed up with the Art Museum of Chinese Ancient Weapons to restore this dagger and has managed to reproduce it in Naraka: Bladepoint.

Finally, to celebrate Naraka: Bladepoint's success, the 60-player battle royale will be 30% off from November 11 to November 17, 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn more about the new nunchucks weapon along with the Kung Fu master Bruce Lee costumes in the latest trailer for NARAKA: BLADEPOINT. Check it out to see the weapon in action and take a look at some of the abilities, such as the Tiger Barrage, Biding Fury, Horizontal Block, and Dragon Flurry.

A free trial for the action game is available from December 17 to December 21, 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for Naraka: Bladepoint - Omni's Nightmare, the new faction versus mode coming to Naraka: Bladepoint on March 11. As a hero, you'll be tasked with collecting Rattans and ensuring their safe return back to the Soul Sparks, all while avoiding zombies known as Evil Ents and Evil Ent Lords - can you survive in this chaotic faction game mode?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join 10 million players in the mythical action Battle Royale. NARAKA: BLADEPOINT is available now on Xbox Series X|S and Windows. Included with Game Pass at launch.

Last edited:

KAOS

Uo66l0D.jpg

0Yw6X9a.jpg

hwOcB4h.jpg

iumljBo.jpg

tyBbKkx.jpg

WX3

Is it f2p on PC?
I don't think it is. I believe its around $30 on Steam. On Xbox it just dropped on GamePass. I played around with the game a bit having no clue what the hell I was doing and went into a 60 player BR match and killed 11 players and won the match! I haven't played since!

Kagey K

Banned
I don't think it is. I believe its around $30 on Steam. On Xbox it just dropped on GamePass. I played around with the game a bit having no clue what the hell I was doing and went into a 60 player BR match and killed 11 players and won the match! I haven't played since!
First 5 matches are against bots. 😉

If it's not f2p on pc I don't see why there would be the expectation of it being f2p on consoles.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Played it finally for few , man I'm digging it. Bloodbath is damn fun. What is the series x running at? Low/Med settings.. I switched between my pc and xbx looks low quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Naraka: Bladepoint's second map, Holoroth launched on August 19th. It features dynamic weather conditions, including dangerous Snowstorms and Sandstorms, as well as new traps and contraptions that you can use against your foes. Players can find Holoroth specific items, like fruit or animals, and use them as buffs. In this Naraka: Bladepoint game of "The Herald's Trial", we start near the new "City of Tang" location, before winning the match in the central Plumed Castle location. This third-person action Battle Royale is available on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and also Xbox and PC Game Pass.

Top Bottom