• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

So what are y'all going to do? Bingewatch the hell out of this, or take a more leisurely pace? I'm thinking of sticking to one episode a week to not burn myself out, and I think I've convinced a buddy to do the same so we can talk about it at the same pace. I highly expect someone to break this pact at some point, but it'll work for now.

Anyone want to watch these things either weekly or twice a week with me?

One to two episodes a week. Most likely Saturday and Sunday when my son naps. He stays down for about two hours, so perfect amount of time.

Sanjuro

I'm going to watch every episode as quick as possible and rush back to the thread with Smuckers Raspberry Preserves spoilers.

Looks like April 14th is the big day. Saw the tweet from Netflix, and then checked my email to see a hurried (and appreciated) email from Joel.
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/834279202589323265
t8l4IgK.png

I notice Gypsy's face is thinner, or her eye is bigger.

Pilot premier for backers 025+ is April 8th!

Joel said:
On THURSDAY, APRIL 6th, all backers invited to the livestream screening will receive a new VHX code through BackerKit, along with detailed instructions for redeeming the code. This will give you some extra time to make sure your VHX account is working.

Then, on SUNDAY, APRIL 8th, at 12:01 am ET, your VHX account will be updated with streaming access to EXPERIMENT 1101, which will let you stream the new pilot episode as much as you'd like for 24 hours, until 11:59 pm ET.

That afternoon, we'll invite you to join me and Jonah in an online chatroom (exact time TBD) while we watch Experiment 1101 and share our thoughts. After we're done with the episode, Baron, Hampton and Felicia will join us for a live video Q&A, where we'll answer as many of your questions as we can.

As for the entire season:

Joel said:
On TUESDAY, APRIL 11th, at 12:01 am ET, all backers who get the new episodes will be able to start streaming the new episodes from your VHX accounts for 48 hours.

Then, on THURSDAY, APRIL 13th, at 12:01 am ET, all backers who get the new episodes will be able to start downloading the new episodes from VHX as well.

And, on FRIDAY, APRIL 14th, at 12:01 am, the new season will be released on Netflix, where all Netflix users will be able to stream all of the episodes.

daveo42

Banned
I'll probably watch weekly unless my roommate wants to watch a few episodes back to back over the weekend. I will, however, be there for the live event on the 8th.

mclem

So is the live event Saturday or Sunday? Joel's got his days screwed up. The 8th is a Saturday.

There was an official-looking response in the comments: It was a typo, the Sunday is correct, the date is not: it's actually April 9th.

(Or, if you prefer, next next next Sunday, A. D.)

Eegah

Four more classic episodes were just released on the BroughtBackMST3K Bonus Collection: Deluxe Edition!

Hercules Unchained
Hercules and the Captive Women
The Girl in Lover's Lane
Girl in Gold Boots

I had only owned one of these, so I'm pretty happy with these selections.

mclem

I think we consider the classic episode dump that they did to be a form of promotion.

Speaking of which, I don't know if they've always been up, but I've just noticed there's a pretty big batch of Rifftrax titles over on Amazon Prime. Some pretty high-profile ones, too. Dunno if that's a reaction to Netflix getting MST3k, or just them having been on there for ages and me not noticing!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Speaking of which, I don't know if they've always been up, but I've just noticed there's a pretty big batch of Rifftrax titles over on Amazon Prime. Some pretty high-profile ones, too. Dunno if that's a reaction to Netflix getting MST3k, or just them having been on there for ages and me not noticing!

They've been there for a while. Rifftrax has always tried additional revenue streams for their content.

I just realized that they gave Crow a proportional torso in the clip with floating Tom Servo. Are they going to give his body a complete revamp, or will he keep his old school body?

mclem

Have any backers received their premiere key yet? It's well past the end of Thursday here, although there's still plenty of Thursday left in the US.

Got the key email this morning. Very excited. Just realized the 14's release of the full season was probably picked because it's a three day weekend for most people.

mclem

The update about the backer premiere/Live Q&A is out. It's running from 1:45 pacific if you want to join in with the interactive portion.

There is one other interesting bit of news but I'm not clear if that's intended for public consumption.

Not *sure* my internet connection is quite up to streaming from VHX (I tried it with the trailer that's there, and it's a wee bit stuttery; when I worked with the library I bought, I've always downloaded for offline consumption), but we'll see. If not, fair enough.

Anyone notice that Crow has a new torso in silhouette at the end of the trailer? Is it possible they're going to give all the bots complete makeovers? Gypsy's neck now extends from the ceiling, Crow's new torso at the end of the trailer? Anything new for Tom Servo?

Sliver

Anyone notice that Crow has a new torso in silhouette at the end of the trailer? Is it possible they're going to give all the bots complete makeovers? Gypsy's neck now extends from the ceiling, Crow's new torso at the end of the trailer? Anything new for Tom Servo?

Toms arms moved up and down in the press conference. Looked pretty good, bit more animated.

Omadahl

Banned
I'm going to try to watch a few of these new episodes with my dad. It was our Sunday morning tradition growing up that we would watch MST3K. Saturdays were The Ticket, Freakazoid, Pee-Wee's Playhouse and anime on Sci-Fi. 90s childhood was the best childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom