• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My vision for the future of PlayStation.

Orion2

Banned
sounds awful, nothing stops Sony from offering the music/film and other stuff to our phone or whatever right now with the servers they can rent for cheaper than selling you a console, the future of any gaming platform is not in music features or phone streaming, it's in great games, make games people HAVE to play, like for example RDR2 was a phenomenon, not just a game, there were south park episodes dedicated to in world characters being obsessed with that game, guests were talking about it on Joe Rogan podcast, same with God Of War, that's how you do it, and guess what you fuckers? those games also have to be ONLY ON YOUR PLATFORM, so thanks for killing that branding JIM FUCKING RYAN

Last edited:

RCU005

One of the biggest issues with Sony is that they haven't been able to have synergy within the company. They should've been offering a Sony ecosystem for many products, but they haven't. For example: When you buy a Sony TV, it should have Playstation perks built-in, like recognizing the PS controller natively, or have a PS App, etc.

Basically, like Apple does it, but it should be much better because they have many product lines.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have a better idea.
You know how Sony is going to release a firmware update to let people use custom SSDs?
They should release a firmware to allow customers to connect up to 3 PS5's together like SLI for ultimate power

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
let me take a loot at the future

ghIq2uYCCO0p.gif

no not going to happen

and fuck all these sub services i hope they all fail
Yes master. Destroy all these sub services.
Ralph Wiggum Trance GIF by MOODMAN

I think sony perfers to license all their content to the highest bidder instead.

But only the movies are auctioned. And the exclusivity is only for a time window. All Sony's movies eventually go back to the coffers sleeping not generating income.

Sony's deal with their shows and movies (that don't release in cinema) are not exclusive to any streaming service. Sony can sell to anyone who wants them.

ksdixon

I'm not understanding Bravia Core's role in Sony's future. Wouldn't that be the portal to run Sony's services together, as Sony seem to be positioning it? They killed off PStore movie rentals and then announced that, right?

To me, anything that involves the playstation brand and playstation console should only be about games.

If Sony wants to capitalize on their on their media prowess and make something unique, it's should be a different brand.

kingfey

Banned
To me, anything that involves the playstation brand and playstation console should only be about games.

If Sony wants to capitalize on their on their media prowess and make something unique, it's should be a different brand.
If Sony were to focus on movies right now, out of all times, they wont recover. Xbox would dominate. Just like how Sony dominated 2013 era.

Kilau

Gold Member
Sony ended their music sub on PlayStation, they are ending movie and tv show rental/purchase on PlayStation, they killed Vue. Aside from anime, they seem to be moving in the exact opposite direction of your vision.

If Sony were to focus on movies right now, out of all times, they wont recover. Xbox would dominate. Just like how Sony dominated 2013 era.
They wouldn't need to focus. Again, playstation should only be about games.

Edit: I don't even like their PS+ Video Pass strategy. PS+ should only be about games.

I'm talking about Sony's other divisions. Sony is more than playstation.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
They wouldn't need to focus. Again, playstation should only be about games.

Edit: I don't even like their PS+ Video Pass. PS+ should only be about games.

I'm talking about Sony's other divisions. Sony is more than playstation.
Bryan tried to make then entire playstation as 1 box. Which means, Playstation would be included.

Marvel is stale?

Ok, I’ll take whatever you’re smoking.
This is probably a VERY controversial opinion, but imho Marvel movies are vastly overdone and milked to death and I actually like most of them. They should be good considering the characters, plots and mostly everything are already laid out for them.

But only the movies are auctioned. And the exclusivity is only for a time window. All Sony's movies eventually go back to the coffers sleeping not generating income.

Sony's deal with their shows and movies (that don't release in cinema) are not exclusive to any streaming service. Sony can sell to anyone who wants them.
What I come to understand Netflix will have first dibs. Whatever Netflix rejects then goes to another platform. For the next 3 years? Then Disney gets dibs on Marvel related context. But most of Sonys top content gets exclusively. Breaking Bad and anything related, AMC has TV and Streaming rights. Which then they release to Netflix after a period of time. But only Netflix? The Boys and anything related to it, Amazon has exclusively. Snoopy and Peanuts related content, Sony has no control of it. The Last of Us is going to have at minimum a 10 year exclusively to HBO Max. I think all their old content that isnt license goes to Crackle, which they sold off with rights to buy back. They can technically funnel it to Funimation? And focus their anime content to crunchy?

What I come to understand Netflix will have first dibs. Whatever Netflix rejects then goes to another platform. For the next 3 years? Then Disney gets dibs on Marvel related context. But most of Sonys top content gets exclusively.
I don't know how long is Netflix's exclusivity with Sony's movies either. (btw the deal only involves Sony's movies which release on theaters). I would guess against 3 years exclusivity, I think it's too long for the amount of money Netflix paid. Sony's other movies and output are not sold exclusively. I would guess if Sony has its own streaming platform, they could release them there too?

Baked into the Netflix pay 1 deal is also a first-look agreement for the streamer to acquire an annual number of movies Sony will make exclusively for streamers — though the arrangement is not exclusive, allowing Sony Pictures to sell to numerous digital buyers. In light of COVID-19, the studio has offloaded numerous successful projects to streamers over the past year, including the flagship HBO Max comedy “American Pickle” from Seth Rogen, and the groundbreaking LGBTQ holiday rom-com “Happiest Season” to Hulu.

But most of Sonys top content gets exclusively. Breaking Bad and anything related, AMC has TV and Streaming rights. Which then they release to Netflix after a period of time. But only Netflix? The Boys and anything related to it, Amazon has exclusively. Snoopy and Peanuts related content, Sony has no control of it. The Last of Us is going to have at minimum a 10 year exclusively to HBO Max. I think all their old content that isnt license goes to Crackle, which they sold off with rights to buy back.
I'm not sure as well but if that's the deal their making then I seriously think Sony's getting the short end of the stick.

Last edited:
Its without its phase4. Right now, we are in the show, and boring movies.

Killing Ironman, and Retiring captain america was a big mistake.

If they introduce the Xmen, that might change though.
If you had watched Wandavision and Loki then you will realise that they have a convenient way of bringing those characters back.

They are literally setting up for a multiverse with multiple variants of EVERYONE, including a variant of Ironman that never died and a Steve Rogers that never grew old and died.

USE. YOUR. HEAD.

Even then, if RDJ and Chris Evans don’t want to play those parts again, what are Marvel supposed to do? Hold them at gunpoint and make them? Tough titties, better for them to be written out in a logical way than recast them with duds, it would be pointless and bad for the MCU.

It's a stale formula. The same thing each film...
You know what to expect.

Especially the upcoming lineup.....very very underwhelming.
Just like in every game where the main character is always the hero and wins in the end? Pick your poison.

No one saw the ending of Infinity War coming, and Endgame smashed Avatars sales record for a reason, it was new and exciting, Marvel completely re-wrote the superheroe genre and it’s better for it.

Bryank75

Banned
Just like in every game where the main character is always the hero and wins in the end? Pick your poison.

No one saw the ending of Infinity War coming, and Endgame smashed Avatars sales record for a reason, it was new and exciting, Marvel completely re-wrote the superheroe genre and it’s better for it.
Blade was better.

AphexTwunt

It I squint whilst under the influence of hallucinogenics I can see your point.

I know your coming from a good place so rock on!

Top Bottom