• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My ultra quick review of Watch Dogs: Legion (9/10)

keraj37

Intro:
- Usually I do not finish a game, since I lose interest somewhere between start and end, and jump into other game, but WD:Legion was an exception.
- I finished 100% story, almost all side missions and many, many recruit missions since I was playing with permadeath enabled without an option to disable it.

Greats:
- Game looks fabulous, I would say it is best looking non RT lightning game ever. This game and CP77 were the only one where I could enjoy stopping at random place and just look around.
- Gameplay options are almost infinite, and they never get boring. Everyone who entered restricted area flying on a drone or stealth killed enemy with a spider with turret, or who was hacking cameras in chain so finally you could hack that tablet and receive the code for a key, know what I talk about.
- City looks very unique in any part of it, so it is never boring to just take a trip to next borough.

Okays:
- SF vision is solid and based on real science like: AI, trans-humanism, robotics, and self driving / electric revolutions we are seeing now. I think the main story writer knew exactly what he wants. Solid coherent vision.

Bads:
- Story, but not the plot or main paths of that story, but how infantile way it was presented, the dialogs, the characters, all are like from movies for teenagers.

Terribles:
- Non.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I took me 15 minutes to try it and put it back into the box and ship it back to amazon.
consider that my quick review

Yhdqzmc.jpg

proof ^

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I actually had more fun with this game than I did with cyberpunk.

I think everyone on PC should try it out via ubisoft+, you might be surprised. It does a lot of the important things (for an open world game) very well.

Certinty

The first game was one of my favourite games of last gen.

The second game was alright, didn’t like how it was basically a wannabe GTA with hacking, plus the gameplay was a downgrade over the first.

Legion on the other hand, what a mess. It’s not bad but it’s not good either. Driving still sucks, missions are boring and repetitive, story and characters are beyond a joke and the gameplay is still even worse than the first game which was released in 2014. What a shame and waste of a beautiful open world I must say.

But yeah, one of the biggest disappointments I’ve come across in the last few years of gaming for me. Laughable game.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I might maybe perhaps possibly randomly check it out when it hits 15 dollars - Or 10.

Last edited:

wolywood

I finished (and really liked) WD2 shortly before Legion was released so picked up WDL figuring it would be more of the same but better. I don't know if it's the setting, or lack of a main character, or less intuitive controls than WD2 (in my opinion), but the game just didn't grab me in the 2 hours I've played to date. It is beautiful looking though, especially with RT switched on. I'll probably give it another chance someday.

Last edited:

keraj37

The first game was one of my favourite games of last gen.

The second game was alright, didn’t like how it was basically a wannabe GTA with hacking, plus the gameplay was a downgrade over the first.

Legion on the other hand, what a mess. It’s not bad but it’s not good either. Driving still sucks, missions are boring and repetitive, story and characters are beyond a joke and the gameplay is still even worse than the first game which was released in 2014. What a shame and waste of a beautiful open world I must say.

But yeah, one of the biggest disappointments I’ve come across in the last few years of gaming for me. Laughable game.

I forgot to say, that it was my first WD game, so maybe with your experience I would say what you said.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was super interested in the idea of a near future London, but hated the "play anyone" concept and sort of Antifa vibe it gave off in its marketing.

Still, I've seen some positive impressions since release, so I'll probably pick it up once it's down to $20 in Spring or so.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ubisoft often makes games with paper thin characters as it is. Now imagine an entire game where you can “play as anyone” and you can see where that goes.

The action/gunplay is kinda mediocre, the sandbox elements are sparse and boring, and the driving is laughable. I did like the hacking of elements and bouncing around video cameras to plan strategy. It’s reminiscent of Ghost Recon Wildlands where you mark all the targets and plan your attack on whatever random outpost. Watch Dogs has a similar gameplay cycle in that regard except Ghost Recon had satisfying action and gunplay to me.

It’s easily the worst of the big three games they released last fall with the other two being the much better Immortal Fenyx Rising and AC: Valhalla.

I’ll try it again in the future because the upcoming game drought looks a bit brutal. I’m just not very hopeful because the game doesn’t have too many redeeming qualities.

Redlancet

Banned
Ubisoft often makes games with paper thin characters as it is. Now imagine an entire game where you can “play as anyone” and you can see where that goes.

The action/gunplay is kinda mediocre, the sandbox elements are sparse and boring, and the driving is laughable. I did like the hacking of elements and bouncing around video cameras to plan strategy. It’s reminiscent of Ghost Recon Wildlands where you mark all the targets and plan your attack on whatever random outpost. Watch Dogs has a similar gameplay cycle in that regard except Ghost Recon had satisfying action and gunplay to me.

It’s easily the worst of the big three games they released last fall with the other two being the much better Immortal Fenyx Rising and AC: Valhalla.

I’ll try it again in the future because the upcoming game drought looks a bit brutal. I’m just not very hopeful because the game doesn’t have too many redeeming qualities.
its a things that buggers me..i like ubisoft games,but some of their writing and histories are all over the place,i get that writing these enormous games is hard,and the quests are being done by a lot of different people but you can look at other games that do that much much better,just look at ghost of tushima or witcher 3

Top Bottom