• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My son wants an Xbox One

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I wonder if this is a cry for help and the OP is disappointed his son wants an XBOX.

OP right now.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

VGEsoterica

My 8 year old son wants an Xbox One for xmas (not even Series S|X) even though we already have both a PS4 Pro and PS5 with quite a large library of games.

He says he's better at Crash Bandicoot on Xbox than Playstation.

What should I do?
If the boy wants to Bandicoot…let him bandicoot!

HTK

Banned
My 8 year old son wants an Xbox One for xmas (not even Series S|X) even though we already have both a PS4 Pro and PS5 with quite a large library of games.

What should I do?
Drop him off at the local fire department station.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you dont mind going digital with a small SSD (limited games to be installed), get a Series S for dirt cheap.

Just make note fully installing games like COD will probably be 200 gb.

Do the Gamepass $1 trick and dont even bother buying any Xbox games. Just leach off the sub plan.

Last edited:

What should I do?
It's a BS excuse. Being a parent myself, I wouldn't cater to his trying to own multiple brands of consoles for a reason as flimsy as his..
Just ask him what makes him think he's better at the game then on a PS.

I'll bet my ass that he cant come up with a coherent statement within 2 sentences. Not an adult one, but one that would make sense.
Ergo, he wants an Xbox just because. Either that, or a disgruntled friend/ classmate owns an old Xbox One and says he's better at the game, which is a laod of BS.

Yes he's a kid. Yes he will be disappointed if he doesnt get what he wants, but he'll have another learning moment of coping with disappointment. That's growing up for ya...

Dont give him this. Since he can play on a Ps4 Pro or a PS5. Be stern.
Or give him a choice. In comes Xbox One? Out goes the PS5 (yes the best console needs to go). Sit back and watch him do a 180. :D

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's a BS excuse. Being a parent myself, I wouldn't cater to his trying to own multiple brands of consoles for a reason as flimsy as his..

I'll bet my ass that he cant come up with a coherent statement within 2 sentences. Not an adult one, but one that would make sense.
Ergo, he wants an Xbox just because. Either that, or a disgruntled friend/ classmate owns an old Xbox One and says he's better at the game, which is a laod of BS.

Yes he's a kid. Yes he will be disappointed if he doesnt get what he wants, but he'll have another learning moment of coping with disappointment. That's growing up for ya...

Or give him a choice. In comes Xbox One? Out goes the PS5 (yes the best console needs to go). Sit back and watch him do a 180. :D
Or his child is the reincarnation of Don Mattrick who will do a 360

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Do it so he can grow up with no allegiances and doesnt join NeoGAF to enter performance threads for games he has no interest in just to post "anotherone.gif".

nowhat

What should I do?
Consider adoption.

angrod14

Give him a choice: Sell his current console and get the Xbox One, or keep his current console and don't get the One. It is important to set limits.

Kagey K

Banned

Jesus christ. I imagine this how @bryank parents raised him.

Who gives a shit if he wants to play with his friend or prefers the controller?

If you can't afford it the kid will understand, if you can and choose to be an asshole like this, I have no words.

I imagine you'd be seething in the corner when the kid still chose Xbox and you heard him having fun without his PS.

Last edited:
I’d get him an original Xbox then go out for a pack of smokes and never come back.

“Daddy. Daddy. I know we have PlayStation 5 and a lot of games but I don’t like it. I’m better at Xbox than PlayStation.”

Jesus. Get out of there before you lose control and end up on the news. It’s really the only option, that’s a time bomb scenario and one day, you’ll snap, killing many.

Do what’s right for the family, leave.

Merry-Christmas-1280x720.jpg

Imtjnotu

What should I do?
Ship him off to military scho

Kagey K

Banned
Sell his PS5, buy him a series S and pocket the cash. Sucka
As an 8 year old if that came packaged with gamepass instead of me waiting until Xmas or a birthday and playing the same 3 games all year in between.

I would take that deal.

Kids don't understand the pain of having to play the same game over and over, with the occasional rental or trade with friends.

The amount of content they can accesses for virtually nothing makes my kid heart jealous.

Last edited:
Just tell him to get used to the PS and git guuuuuuud. No reason to buy another console just because a little kid says he plays the same game better on another console lol. That's emotional blackmailing step 1 :p. Don't go with it lol. Spending hundreds of dollars just because.

Top Bottom