• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My PC crashes at irregular intervals, one-year old computer

V4skunk

Banned
Since this morning my PC crashes, just from me being on desktop, running the minimum of apps (Steam on the background, Microsoft Edge, a couple of programs maintaining my fan speed, etc.)

The screen freezes for 5-10 seconds, then either goes black (with the PC still operating), or I get a blue screen of death and the PC restarts itself.

It can take my PC 10-40 minutes to crash.

I think that this may be a memory issue - some of my PC's memory chips being faulty or something.

The only thing I can think of doing since last night was downloading the latest Nvidia drivers for my 2080 Super.

Any thoughts?
Your pc is over heating.
You need to clean cpu/gpu heatsinks and fans with compressed air.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Had something similar with my Alienware X51. This is after a number of years of the PC collecting dust.

Ran a RAM test (you can get an ISO the PC will boot from but can't recall the name) and it found a RAM issue. I simply removed the 2xRAM dimms blew away any dust and re-inserted the RAM and the problem was gone.

Top Bottom