• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My first and last PS4 game was from Sucker Punch

RCU005

I just realized that the very first game I played on PS4 was inFamous Second Son. I am now currently playing Ghost of Tsushima, which is also from Sucker Punch. This is my last PS4 game, because I already have a PS5 and I will focus on it from now on. I also don't have games that I still want to buy for PS4 anymore.

I also realized that I really like Sucker Punch games. I used to love Sly Cooper and inFamous games on PS2/PS3. Hopefully Ghost of Tsushima was a success for them, because Sony needs to make them a priority on their WWS. They just know how to do great games. Not everything has to be Santa Monica and Naughty Dog.

I feel sad in a way that this is probably the last time I use my PS4. I decided to play the game on the PS4 instead of PS5 because I wanted to retire my PS4 with a great game (and so far it has been amazing). However, this is the first time that I didn't have to sell a console to buy the next one, so I don't even know if I should leave it connected or pack it in its box and store it.

PS4 gen was amazing! I hope PS5 has so many great games, too.

Do you remember what was your first and/or last PS4 game?

Bluecondor

The PS4 started off really slow for me. I wasn't able to find one in a store until March, and when I first bought it, I was still playing a bunch of games on my PS3. So - my brand new PS4 actually sat in a drawer in my room for several months.

The first game I bought for PS4 was really mediocre - Toy Soldiers. It was so shallow compared to the PS3 games I had been playing like The Saboteur.

The next gen really started for me in the fall though with MGSV - The Phantom Pain. That game really showed me the distinct difference between PS4 and PS3 games.

As far as my last PS4 game goes, that remains to be seen. I am definitely interested in PS5, but I haven't been able to track one down yet. My plan right now is for Cyberpunk to be my first PS5 game.

Jethalal

Banned
Why don't you play Ghost on PS5?

I had a borrowed PS4 PRO for ~4 months. The first game I played was UC:4 and last was TLOU:RE. I'll buy a PS5 next year to play PS4 exclusives I haven't played and upcoming PS5 games.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I noticed there’s no real advantage to play it on PS5. I think it needs to be patched. So far, it loads very fast already, and resolution/frame rate stay the same on PS5 afaik.
Yeah doubling the framerate is so not worth playing it on the superior system at all. I keep my old PS4 hooked up to my kitchen TV and play games from the bar stool because I hate how the framerate is only twice as high on PS5.

The human eye can't see higher than 24fps anyway. That's why movies are 24fps.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
PS4 Launch was Resogun, Black Flag and BF4. I think my last purchase was Like A Dragon. There are a few games on my Wishlist that I want (Nier Remaster, SamSho Collection, Katamari, Obra Dinn)

Shakka43

You are doing yourself a big disservice by playing the game on PS4 instead of the superior 60fps version on PS5. Even more so if you only have a regular PS4.

GreatnessRD

First PS4 game was Call of Casual: Ghost. And my last PS4 purchased game was Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. I have almost fully converted to the MasterRace. I've been PC gaming since 2014, but recently, I've almost made the permanent switch.

Larlight

I noticed there’s no real advantage to play it on PS5. I think it needs to be patched. So far, it loads very fast already, and resolution/frame rate stay the same on PS5 afaik.
Bruh what? Did you not see the higher resolution or the higher framerate? I assume you don’t have a 4K tv?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I'm not too bothered about it only being 30fps on my PS4 and I know it's only slightly faster at loading on the PS5, and has a slightly higher resolution ... BUT, if I had a PS5, I'm damn well sure I'd be playing it there. It seems an odd choice to ignore a console you own in favour of a console you've owned longer. By all reports the controller is better too. I don't quite understand your reasoning.

Last edited:
First: Battlefield 4
Last: I'm constantly playing it, so it hasn't happened yet. I'm still playing my PS1/2. PS3 sucks in comparison, with MGS4 as an exception.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My first was TLOU Remastered and I loved it, but what really made me buy the console was Bloodborne. The moment I saw the first leaks (Project Beast iirc) I knew I was gonna buy it.

Now watch the same happening for the PS5 once From + Japan Studio announce their next exclusive. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Those days I only turn on the PS4 for Netflix and such, but I might buy Judgement or 13 Sentinels down the line.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You're missing out, my friend; and with an avatar like that, I'm surprised you haven't played it yet.
I love VanillaWare games, it's just that I don't know if a VN is what I want to play right now.

I loved games like Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright back in the day so... Yeah, I think it's just a matter of time that I play this one.

Thing is, I'm really surprised about the reception of this game: almost no fanfare, not a lot of units sold, but everyone that tries it and talks about it seems to love it.

Top Bottom