• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My final post |OT| Salt but no Sanctuary

Radical_3d

Mods that dont take feedback are bad mods. Period.
This lack of will to learn and improve tells a lot.
The blind believe on the mod team is how old GAF ended up with the moderation that is now RE. Remember that the month that MGS4 was released MS banned thousands of consoles and ended up selling more consoles. If you say that there was a correlation you got banned. Now moderation is much, much better (and all that crap is in the other forum), but a lack of critical mindset may bring us there again.

If someone is paid by CDPR to make damage control it has nothing to do with console war (maybe PC vs console?). And it even has less sense to ban him for stating that Elden Ring looks like an upres PS3 game. Because it does. From never had a skill for the graphics and I don’t know how they did Sekiro given their track record (possibly Activision money), but looks like they are back to business as usual. If the members were saying that looked fantastic (classic GAF…) it seems reasonable to say that Japanese devs get a better treatment than western ones. Possibly because even when their tech is not up to the task they pour a lot of effort in the art. Even so, from a technical standpoint that trailer was trash.

As the OP said, this is pretty much a good forum, which is a great achievement in 2021 and the Internet as it is today. But self awareness is a virtue, not a weakness.

Last edited:
Not sure why OP got banned by he has a point on the fact that Japanese games are all the time ignored for how bad/average they look/play. If Death Standing was made aby anyone else other than Kojima the hate would've been far more bigger than it received. Same applies to many jrpgs that are absolute garbage and ppl praise them like its the coming of jesus.

Ulysses 31

Not sure why OP got banned by he has a point on the fact that Japanese games are all the time ignored for how bad/average they look/play. If Death Standing was made aby anyone else other than Kojima the hate would've been far more bigger than it received. Same applies to many jrpgs that are absolute garbage and ppl praise them like its the coming of jesus.
Ban reason says he requested it.

kyoji

I think part of the reason for this is because when you read any interviews from developers while still in development more western studios tend to talk up there games by referencing visuals or the tech behind them or how dense and vibrant a world will be etc etc. as a selling point. You dont really see that with the japanese dev community, or if you do its pretty few far and in between. So when you have one side of the equation saying such things and dropping tid bits to hype you up rather it be intentional or not the bar is subliminally set pretty high because of it. You just dont see Asian based studios take this route too often so i think it contributes to a more realistic or tampered outlook - not to say that those games should be absolved but its definitively a reason as to why you dont see ppl griping quite as much.

And going off of the OP (hamny) own example, HALO was done a disservice by its own parent company by all the 12 flops and power marketing. So when the reveal was shown the two just didnt align like most people expected it to in there minds, not that the game looked terrible visually but that it was a farcry and victim of the marketing that played into peoples expectations.

Kilau

Gold Member
The real question is... do you really think CDPR is the only company sending astroturfers here?
77550.jpg

Chiggs

I care enough about your departure from this forum to post this:

Piss off, you self-aggrandizing idiot.

I always feel bad for the people that feel the need to make a dramatic final post stating it's their last one. I don't think anyone really cares. We're a bunch of dorks talking and debating about video games.

Bro, it's just a message board. Go outside, live life, everything is fine, lmao. :messenger_peace:

I dunno man, this thread is rapidly approaching the post count of the Battlefield 6 trailer thread so it appears people do care. Which is just so pathetic.

sn0man

Hey guys prob not the right thread for this…but a question I’ve often wondered about. I occasionally see bans for alt accounts of previously banned folks, etc.

How exactly do the mods know someone is an alt? Do they have tabs on like the IP, MAC address or something? Or do they just put 2 + 2 together based on figurative guessing? Always wondered how this was a thing. Figured this thread was semi-relevant. Thanks!
RGR just adds a # on the end of her account. It’s quite helpful for the mods.

seriously though, no clue

I hereby extend my invitation to any big (also small, medium…don’t care) company (but preferably Sony) to contact me in PM if they wish for me to astroturf (is that how you say it?) or in a more common word shill for them here. Just tell me what I need to do and how much I’ll get. Thank you.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I hereby extend my invitation to any big company (but preferably Sony) to contact me in PM if they wish for me to astroturf (is that how you say it?) or in a more common word shill for them here. Just tell me what I need to do and how much I’ll get. Thank you.
These companies just assume anyone that’s already a member is a free shill.

clem84

Gold Member
I think the mods here do a great job.
The reactions to this post are interesting.

I think the "LOL" and "triggered" can be considered disagreements, and the "like", "strength", "thoughtful" and "love" can be considered as in agreement.

If we add those up it comes up to 40 who agree the mods do a good job and 39 who disagree, so it's pretty split.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
i just got threadbanned for "console warring" in the elden ring thread just for pointing out how gamers are much more severe when judging graphics from western games than from japanese games using halo as an example. i didn't mention playstation. i didn't mention xbox. elden ring is not even an exclusive. but i am supposedly an xbox fanboy now and i don't even own an xbox :messenger_tears_of_joy: (i do own a ps5 though).

what kind of threads you want? i thought a forum was for discussion. you want 15 pages of "LOOKS AMAZING THANKS FROM SOFTWARE" over and over again? i could go to youtube comments for that.

cdpr just payed me for three months after cyberpunk's release. i stayed here because i was having fun but if i'm not having fun there is no point being here. it was a good run though.

if i can give you some feedback the way you write the reasons for bans or warnings is pathetic. it is super edgy for a forum that is so sensitive. a change of tone is needed. but it's a good forum overall 6/10.

this is my goodbye.

rip harmny
cyberpunk's release - 2021

rip pixar
1986 - 2021
What's more ego boosting in life?

Someone looking for attention on Twitter telling people they ate Fruit Loops for breakfast?

Or someone on a game forum telling everyone it's their last post due to thread moderation?

I think the "LOL" and "triggered" can be considered disagreements, and the "like", "strength", "thoughtful" and "love" can be considered as in agreement.

If we add those up it comes up to 40 who agree the mods do a good job and 39 who disagree, so it's pretty split.
i know, right? pretty gutsy to at least react, and i'm way too chicken to. oh, and of course this comes to mind:

kyfuYwR.jpg

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Because his concerns have merit that's why. It's not like what he complains of isn't true. And it doesn't matter what he did for CDPR. People on these boards troll even the main developers of a AAA game. His role in the gaming industry honestly doesn't matter here. I've seen several good industry people get shunned away from here due to the rudeness of the people on these boards. I'd much rather have their input on topics than the people who drive them away.
I think this is a fair point. I tend to be on the side of unchecked free speech with all the bad that has to come with it. And I think his concerns DO merit some consideration, but it's HOW he went about it that annoys me.

ReBurn

Gold Member

I've had a mod here be an absolute dbag to me for "making their job hard" because I replied to a comment that they deleted hours later. Apparently having to click remove on my comment replying to the removed comment was a painstaking endeavor or something. Probably required this mod to actually read the thread they were moderating. But it's like whatever. Everyone has a bad day every now and then. You just let it go and move on.

Or how much Gamespass can save you on your car/home insurance.
The gamepass shilling on here a few months ago was unreal.. and annoying.

As for OP, its not a perm ban apparently, so its not a big deal, also the mods here are a 1000x better than in 2012-2018 where this site was woke central and you couldn't post anything counter to a certain narrative or get dog piled by bullies, baited and banned. It was not fun. The site is fun again and I love being here now.
I just hope it stays that way.

It couldn’t possibly be that the people posting laughing reactions thought the self-congratulatory nature of the comment was funny..

You're the one going on about "mods needing a 'special skill' to see words behind occult behaviour from users" lol. The fuck you on about son.
If you don't understand what I mean, I can't do anything to help you...
Maybe a language barrier, i know my english sux.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Lmao, that was a good one...But really, i said that cose i was a mod from general discussion from ign br! If u do a mistake, you are unfair...Like i said, its not easy man...
A moderator is really only unfair if they don't admit and correct their mistakes. Most people understand mistakes. Well, except for whiny entitled gamers like us so I think I see your point.

Hey, I can use this gif from the live event!:

Salt_and_Sacrifice__Announcement_Trailer__PS5_PS4.gif
What , one of my favorite games getting sequel. No switch/pc release == :( Sony better get to making them ps5s i hate not being able to buy one, and have the money, otherwise they will be out of a sale due to broken ps4.

VN1X

Banned
If you don't understand what I mean, I can't do anything to help you...
Maybe a language barrier, i know my english sux.
Fair enough but here's a tip: If you're not fluent in a language, maybe don't use words that you don't know the meaning of. KKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ok Carry on.

Top Bottom