• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Father passed away due to covid this morning He was 56 years old

Kamina

Golden Boy
My sincerest condolences. 💐
Please do not blame yourself. You need to be strong now.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Losing a parent is never easy, especially that early. I'm sorry for your loss.

Vestal

Gold Member
My condolences OP. Most important thing to do right now is be with your family and grieve together. The first full week will feel like a blur, and you will question every decision or lack thereof. That’s normal, just remember like someone else mentioned that this is not your fault in any way shape or form. There are thing we as human beings can control, but infectious diseases are unpredictable and difficult to control in the best of circumstances.

Stay strong and honor his memory by taking care of yourself and your family.

PS. you got your extended Gaf family here all rooting for you!!

We actually do know it, because the CDC and other health organizations have said so.
Has the cdc given death rate of post vaccinated with newer variants, many of which aren't widespread in the USA? The vaccine alone has resulted in a few rare deaths. Newer variants are not equally distributed, and you cannot give death rate for all novel mutations in all regions for the vaccinated, because that is pulling it out of their behind if they give that, such data does not exist and cannot exist.

btw health authorities have contradicted themselves and even reversed recommendations.

But in any case if we're to continue this let it be in pm, don't want thread derail.

Last edited:
It's not your fault he passed away. Your words make it clear you cared for him. We're unfortunately in the middle of a pandemic and some things have gotten beyond our reach, even if we try. Don't take this blame and internalize it as it won't ever do you any good - and I'm sure your father wouldn't like for you to do it either. This is not on you. You were not responsible.

Be grateful for the moments you could spend together. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you'll feel better soon as I'm sure he'd wish you could be.

Top Bottom