• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MUTHAFUCKIN SAINT SEIYA '85 IS ON NETFLIX WITH A NEW DUB

Son...

SON...

Like, YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111!!1!!!!!!! Netflix be out here investing in old ass anime. First 41 episodes up in the US. Brand new sub track and a brand new dub.

Obviously because Toei gonna Toei, it's an HD upscale of broadcast beta tapes since they got rid of the original film reels years ago, but it still looks pretty good considering.

John Day

Either their remake garnered enough attention or it sucked balls enough to sub the originals.

Is Andromeda a dude again then?

Oh boy, more american voices synced up to my japanese childrens shows!!! Read the fucking subs for fucks sake.
Nigga, are you a doomer mixed with boomer, zoomer, and coomer tendencies?
Q97byAD.png

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Some disclosure, but I've never been a fan of Saint Seiya nor have I followed it in all my years as an anime/manga fan. But I do acknowledge how important it is to the history of shonen manga and the manga industry in general. Did you know it was the first shonen manga and anime to attract a sizable female audience? After it's success the editors of Shonen Jump and other publications greenlit series that would hopefully gain a fan following among women. Series like Bleach, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin and even anime like Gundam Wing owe all their existence to Saint Seiya.

And even I'll admit it has one of the most killer openings and ending in anime.

I'm still unsure about Netflix releasing this. Hopefully they don't fuck up the dub and subs.

Uhh... I'm not feeling this dub. It sounds too sonically-clean for such an old series and lacking in sfx, and the acting sounds like they're just reading off a page.

*Checks notes*

It's a Sentai dub. No wonder.

A.Romero

So, what happened in the Libra house?

In case your question is serious: Hyoga was frozen by his former techer Camus so Shun decided to use his own body heat and power to warm up Hyoga. I haven't watch it for a long time but I think they draw a parallel with the legend of Andromeda (I think she was sacrificed or something).

I think something like this happens at least once more but I'm not 100% sure.

The older animation shows it's age but it gets better over time. Pretty fun series, if you ask me.

Blade2.0

They just dump you into the fucking series, huh? Like no exposition or anything, just fuck you, there's a tournament and all these fucks are super duper strong. I don't care about any of these people😂. Fighting is cool though. I thought it would be like Dragonball with some build up and introductions to everyone, but nope. First episode and two guys Fighting in a tournament for some fucking reason and a chick asking where some dude named Seiya is for reasons and.... God damn this is jarring. When do I start getting new back story and actually caring about these characters?

Last edited:

Renoir

man.. that ever there is a sad moment and that lady start humming.. that shit brought a tear to my eye.
ahh.. the memories.

Top Bottom